The "Conor has no ground game" theory

Conor has fantastic defensive bjj.

BlankWarmCaecilian.gif

56d0bf6031aa1.gif

He has also a smooth top game which he rarely uses but used it against Siver and Holloway. He cuts through guards like butter.

720cb99b7cc182f08eaf6cb3af2dd960.gif

SO ITS BULLSHIT THAT HE HE HAS NO GROUND GAME.

You are no longer allowed to post on Sherdog.

Conor haters can only watch the second round of the Mendes fight and the second round of the Nate fight. They can't talk about what Conor did in his other fights, or in the first round of those fights.

JfX8Rig.jpg

Conor got lit up round 1 in the Mendes fight, and round 1 of Diaz fight was fairly ever, although Conor did win it. All McGregor highlights are from the first 2 mins of round 3.

Guess Joe rogan,eddie bravo and schaub are all wrong when they were breaking it down and said he swept him with an x guard

Joe Rogan also said that Ronda was a great striker and a once ever athlete... Eddie was high, and I'm not even going to reference Schaub.

Yeah I kinda doubt that. Kinda HIGHLY doubt that, lol. You didn't even know who the hell Conor was until the Poirier fight buildup.

Pretty sure i knew who he was beforehand....I kinda highly doubt u wont be banned by the 21st though

JfX8Rig.jpg

Conor got lit up round 1 in the Mendes fight, and round 1 of Diaz fight was fairly ever, although Conor did win it. All McGregor highlights are from the first 2 mins of round 3.

Fuck off at light up by mendes.Conor wobbled him him and hurt him to the body in the first anthor follow up at the right moment in the 1st and it wouldnt have saw the second round

Max Holloway was barely a blue belt and was still training out of his garage.

People TOTALLY forget this. Not going to search it right this second, but if I remember correctly didn't Cub and Conor have a similar list of recent opponents with Conor having the more impressive wins?

He doesn't have a ground game because that's not where he wins his fights.

He has ground survival skills

This.

Conor winning by submission is the least likely outcome in the entire fight, but he is pretty good about not getting finished down there. Nate has amazing BJJ skills, but he's also willing to let the fight go to other areas when he should just be keeping it there.

I don't see a sub coming unless Conor is already rocked/finished and Nate just seals the deal with it.

Joe Rogan also said that Ronda was a great striker and a once ever athlete... Eddie was high, and I'm not even going to reference Schaub.

Lol ok ill give u the rogan on ronda thing i still remember cowboy looking at him like he was insane when he was saying rondas striking was perfect

It's all relative. Conor is good but nothing compared to Nate Diaz.

Just like his boxing is good. But nothing compared to Nate Diaz.

Basically he's outclassed everywhere and will lose to Nate Diaz.

He has youth but Nate Diaz is in even better shape.

I'm inclined to agree, but this requires that Khabib actually

People TOTALLY forget this. Not going to search it right this second, but if I remember correctly didn't Cub and Conor have a similar list of recent opponents with Conor having the more impressive wins?

Siver and poirer ,and yes your right

This.

Conor winning by submission is the least likely outcome in the entire fight, but he is pretty good about not getting finished down there. Nate has amazing BJJ skills, but he's also willing to let the fight go to other areas when he should just be keeping it there.

I don't see a sub coming unless Conor is already rocked/finished and Nate just seals the deal with it.
Nate is world class bjj has sub'd guys who are better on the ground then Conor. I agree with your assessment. I am not expecting a sub but I wouldn't be suprised if Nate can get it IF they spend any time on the ground.

Lol ok ill give u the rogan on ronda thing i still remember cowboy looking at him like he was insane when he was saying rondas striking was perfect

Actually Rogan said she was a 10 (in looks), and Cowboy was incredulous. Rogan asked him if he did not also think that Rousey was hot, and Cowboy said flatly "no", he looked like he was going to say more but thought better of it and remained silent.

He does have a ground game. You cant get to that level without one. It's just not as good as other top level guys like Nate Diaz.

Fuck off at light up by mendes.Conor wobbled him him and hurt him to the body in the first anthor follow up at the right moment in the 1st and it wouldnt have saw the second round
LOLL delusional Conor huggers with self esteem issues gona delusion. First and foremost, the post is about Conor's shit ground game... Which was spent on his back almost the entire first round.

I think he is like 10th dan black belt in panic wrestling.

Last edited:
Back