The complete guide to Conor Khabib

Rockapotomuss

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
First, before you read any further, let me just say that this guide is the most comprehensive breakdown of this fight you will see anywhere. I have the experience and the authority to publish this, and I would appreciate if no one copys/pastes this into any MMA media without PMing me first. Ok thank you, let's continue.

Utilizing kinesiologetic analysis, I have compiled the results of research that assessed every possible angle of this fight. This is your complete guide to the match up, the interaction between two distinct anatomies, and the outcome. Traditional power/conflict models are rendered inapplicable by existing social conflicts that exist beyond the physical fight itself, and transcend into the metaphysical and epigenetic variables which evolve with trailblazing combat sports physicians such as the two contestants we see observe.

First, we have to consider the striking. Conor's striking likely hits at close to 700 lbs whereas Khabib's striking appears to render close to the 600 lbs bracket. From this we can assume that Conor will be expending 100 kilocycles per shot, whereas Khabib's pace may fair slightly better with a 85-90 KJ output. Every fight begins standing up, and each round begins standing up again. It is an absolute given certainty that this fight will take place on the feet. Next, we observe a southpaw vs orthodox stance. In boxing, a southpaw stance is where Conor has his right hand and right foot forward, leading with right jabs, and following with a left cross right hook. It is the normal stance for a left-handed fighter. The corresponding designation for a right-handed fighter such as Khabib is orthodox and is generally a mirror-image of the southpaw stance. Left-handed fighters are usually taught to fight in a southpaw stance, but right-handed fighters also fight in the southpaw stance. Fighting in a southpaw stance will give Conor a strategic advantage because of the tactical and cognitive difficulties of coping with a fighter who moves in a mirror-reverse of the norm. Khabib will insert constant in and out pace control to counter this measure. This is why left-handed fighters are brought up fighting in this orthodox stance. Another reason some left-handed fighting in the orthodox stance is due to the (real or perceived) limited number of training partners who are able to facilitate such diversity of approach. Conor has studied the science of boxing at a level beyond any other MMA fighter to date. We can therefore anticipate Conor's use of orthodox fighting to give him a significant sight advantage on the angles and circles presented in this fight. Expect the unexpected.

Khabib will be moving for a single leg takedown from angled stretch positioning. The single leg takedown involves grabbing one of the legs, usually with both hands, and using the position to force Conor to the ground. As a result Conor's uppercut will find immense upward pressure here, creating multiple dangers for Khabib. Typically, the lower part of the leg is pulled in one direction, while the torso or shoulder is used to press the body or upper part of the leg of the opponent in the other direction. Khabib has several varieties of single leg takedowns. Some involve picking up and holding the leg by the ankle and are often known as ankle picks, while other varieties include the high crotch, in which the leg is held high up in the opponent's crotch area. The leg can be attacked either across the body ("inside") or from away from the body ("outside"). Khabib's leg takedowns can also be executed in combination with a leg trip to the other leg, which additionally destabilizes Conor based on Conor's anti-triangular footwork (more on this later). Conor can counter by sprawling or by hooking the lifted foot in the crotch of Khabib (so it cannot be lifted further and to maintain a distance from the aggression), and, where allowed, in combination with knee strikes to the head of the standing opponent.

Damn. All those words and you really didn’t say anything.

giphy.gif

No mention of tiramisu or short-notice maternity leave? Not quite complete imo.

I didnt get anything new from that. Conor being lefty means khabibs lead is closer to conor and thus less distance to travel÷ speed of neuroconnectors and light+ orthadox deafness.

"this guide is the most comprehensive breakdown of this fight you will see anywhere"
<DisgustingHHH><DisgustingHHH><DisgustingHHH><DisgustingHHH>

tenor.gif

I was just thinking how there weren't enough complete guides on Conor.

My comprehensive guide:

Khabib wins on the ground or Conor wins on the feet.

Conor fans trying to convince themselves Numonstermedov is not going to grind him into paste

25799190-hand-writing-science-and-math-formulas-on-chalkboard.jpg

{<jordan}

Last edited:
BRO......That guys hairline was almost DC - Level.

When a man with his physique is willing to dance like a goof in front of a green screen and upload the video for the world to see, he's clearly stopped giving a fuck.

First, we have to consider the striking. Conor's striking likely hits at close to 700 lbs whereas Khabib's striking appears to render close to the 600 lbs bracket. From this we can assume that Conor will be expending 100 kilocycles per shot, whereas Khabib's pace may fair slightly better with a 85-90 KJ output.
What is your methodology? A handwave "kinesiologetic analysis" explanation isn't close to enough to justify producing these numbers out of thin air. Not to mention that it seems grossly reductive. Not all strikes have the same power or energy expenditure, to suggest otherwise is pretty ridiculous.

Conor fans trying to convince themselves Numonstermedov is not going to grind him into paste

25799190-hand-writing-science-and-math-formulas-on-chalkboard.jpg

{<jordan}

Judging by your amount of posts on the subject you must be very confident in Khabib. How much are you betting on him? You could well be right and Khabib mauls him but man I hope you're ready to eat some crow if Conor wins.

Back