The complete chronicles of Fenderson

Fenderson

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Hi folks

Im fighting at the end of February and decided to track my cut from 185lb down to 170lb. It'll be my 3rd semi pro fight (currently 2-0-0). Im not concerned about the weight cut at all really, I could possibly just water cut the 15lbs, but ive never experianced a water cut before so for this fight ill drop to 180-181 and water cut from there.

Im just doing this log for fun really, i visit the diet logs often and read the logs that are more consistently updated. So itll be fun to do my own.

Age-24
Height-6'2
Natural weight-185-188

My diets is typically high fat/protein. Im typically around 9-10% body fat. Ill update with pics later on.

ill possibly put bits of info up training, I do train hard in the week. In the day ill typically do a run/s+c in the morning and then 2 sessions of skill training later in the evening.

thanks

Last edited:
My diets very plain and consistant. This means I can eat cheaply and know im getting the correct intake of macros.

a typical day

breakfast- banana
lunch- oats with honey. 2 large scotch eggs or chicken and greek yoghurt
dinner-fish, veg
snacks- peanut butter with apple, up to 2litres of whole milk, possibly some dark chocolate or cookies.

I don't really have a cheat day. Ill just have the occasional treat every 2-3 days.

Strength training in the morning. Squat and OHP today. Feeling strong on the squat and making really good gains. Hit a wall with the OHP. Might have to look into micro loading. Finished the day with 1hr of mma and 1hr of muay thai.

Took in around 3000 calories. Ill start logging my weight and diet down properly tomorrow.

Wow. Ive just had the worst night of my life. I can only put it down to food poisoning. I must of puked 30+ times and the other hole the same amount.

I won't be training today. Neither will I be eating. Just consuming water. I feel just awful.

Weighed myself this morning. Ive lost 10lbs of fluids over night! No more puking, but still have bowel troubles.

Unproductive day due to still feeling weak/tired. Bumped to to 178.8 so at least im starting to take fluids on board.

2 x large scotch egg
oats
1litre of whole milk
350ml of greek yoghurt

ill try lifting in the morning and depending how I get on decide if ill train later in the day.

Had oats with honey, whole milk for breakfast. Im 178 at the moment. My pants are very loose around the waist.

Ended up going to the gym later than planned due to not getting to bed till 3am.

Hit the numbers for the deadlift, but struggled with everything else. The numbers have been going up nicely every session so this was frustrating.

Ill head down to mma class tonight just to watch. If I can't lift properly I sure as hell can't do any conditioning.

This weeks been a write off. Ill wrestle saturday and lift sunday and hope to be back at full strength.

im not going to bother logging food intake till Saturday.

Last edited:
Wow. Ive just had the worst night of my life. I can only put it down to food poisoning. I must of puked 30+ times and the other hole the same amount.

I won't be training today. Neither will I be eating. Just consuming water. I feel just awful.

Weighed myself this morning. Ive lost 10lbs of fluids over night! No more puking, but still have bowel troubles.

Congrats on the easy cut! lol

Forgot to weigh myself this morning. Anyway im 179.8 now after most of the food intake of the day.

morning- oats/whole milk x2
lunch-2 large scotch eggs/malt loaf/Belgium bun
Dinner-greek yoghurt with banana, apple with peanut butter

crappy day of eating. Around 2800, no where near enough protein. Since the food poisoning I just can't be bothered eating. Normally I have a furious appetite.

1hr 30 of grappling in the morning and a hard run later in the evening.

Last edited:
Woke up at 178.4lbs. Still light.

I guess you could call this a cheat day. Forget what I said before...

breakfast- oats/honey, bannana
Lunch-pork pies, 2l of whole milk, apple
Dinner- a large pizza, half a quiche (yeah this badass eats quiche) 2 boiled eggs.

I really need to make more of an effort with veg. Its usually not an issue, but the last few days I haven't bothered

training wise- lifted in the morning squat/press/row. Felt weak, which is the main reason for the carb load today. Did some boxing later in the day focusing on head movement. Sunday on average is usually a more relaxed training day.

Daily ill do neck harness exercises along with hand grip exercises and jaw exercises. I also started shoulder mobility exercises due to my shoulder slipping in training.

Last edited:
Woke up at 180. Back in the 180s baby. Looking thick/solid/tight again.

Around 3000 cals

4 mile in the morning
shadow boxing in the afternoon
1hr of muay thai
1hr of mma

Forgot to weigh myself again this morning. I estimate 181 ish if that. A few people have mentioned im looking a little thin, ill eat a bit more tomorrow. Im lifting in the morning so I need the extra cals for recovery anyway.

I ate a fair bit of protein today. Lots of eggs, nut, greek yoghurt, fish. Good shit. Also eating plenty of fruit and leafy greens.

Training wise. Shadow boxing in the afternoon with 2hrs of boxing in the evening. Fantastic classes, great coach.

btw the bout of illness I had was due to a virus/bug not food poisoning. My brother had the same thing going on 4 days after me and now my grandmas got it unfortunately. I made sure my brother was drinking pedialyte and he recovered in a day. Ive done the same with my grandma so she should be fine after 24hrs.

Last edited:
Decent day overall. Squat/bench/row. Stalling on the bench press which is no big surprise.

Did some mma based grappling for 1hr 30 with a new coach which went well.

Ate around 3000 cals.

Shadow in the afternoon with some neck harness and shoulder mobility exercises.

Mma 1hr
mma sparring 1 hr.

Hard sparring. Fought a young pro with lots of hype here in the uk. Positives and negatives from the session. Need to get nasty now. My technical ability is outstanding, but im too nice.

I was 181.8 this morning which is ok. Ill try to maintain 182-183 at least till the end of next week. Lots of greek yoghurt today with peanuts, fish, cottage cheese, scotch eggs. Also had 2 oat and raisen cookies.

Thanks for reading.

Rest day. Woke at 181.4.

Some shadow boxing.

Breakfast: 3 boiled eggs
Lunch: greek yoghurt, steak and onion pie
dinner: tuna with a boiled egg, leafy greens.
Snack: oats with whole milk, cookies, apple, banana, roasted peanuts

My appetites certainly returned. On rest days i just sit around being bored and hungry. Nevertheless not bad at around 3000 calories.

Nothing much to report. I was supposed to be wrestling this morning but it was called off. I ended up doing 5 rounds of pads along with shadow boxing. Its incredible how much my head movement has improved whilst ive been shadow boxing each day. I was supposed to go for a run later in the day but was called in to look after my nephew for 4hrs. It means I have to do it tomorrow along with lifting in the morning.

Didnt eat much all morning so I was hungry in the evening. Weighed in at 182.4 this morning. Tomorrow ill be around 182.5-183 and then ill eat at maintenance till the water cut. Its great to be 3 weeks out and still eat pretty much anything I like (within reason).
Breakfast: 4 boiled eggs with oats and whole milk and a half a banana.
lunch: meat and potatoe pie, greek yoghurt
dinner: pizza with salad

Big carb day ready for lifting tomorrow. Hoping for a strong lifting day.

Lifted in the morning. Deadlift/press. Session went well, best session in a while.

Did some shadow boxing in the afternoon and then ran afterwards (sprints).

breakfast: 4 boiled eggs/oats and whole milk
lunch: 2 small pork pies with 400ml of greek yoghurt/pumpkin seeds
dinner:tuna with salad
snack:apple, kiwi, 2 cookies, whole milk.

Ive just read in the d+s forum that canned tuna is the devil so ill have to change that up. Its so convenient and cheap im not sure what to replace it with.

Good day overall. I couldnt weigh myself in the morning but Im estimating i was around 182.

edit- got bored so did tomorrows 4 mile run. I don't know where this energys come from. Thought id make the most of it while ive got it.

Last edited:
Good job so far mate, I see you are training consistently. Will check on ya once in a while.

Good job so far mate, I see you are training consistently. Will check on ya once in a while.

Cool. Thanks for the comment. Im one of the regulars who visit yours and golvmopp's threads, but never actually comments :) hope your having a sweet time in vegas. Ill make sure to pop in properly now and then.

Trainings going ok at the moment. Theres sessions in the week that are incredibly rewarding, but others that leave a lot to be desired. Weve also had another team come over, which is possibly permanent. I wont say too much because I want to stay anonymous, but im not happy about it in the slightest. I want this fight done with and then ill have a good think of whats best for me.

Back