The Chris vs prime Wand

Weidman has defeated 2 opponents who were LHW champions, and another who defeated a LHW champion.
The Chris also happens to be larger and taller than pretty much every LHW ever. Think about it this way. Weidman is equally as large as Tito Ortiz.

Haha.

Tito's head alone is like Weidman's upper body.

Chris Weidman cut 34 pounds within a 2 week period to fight Demian Maia. Which means his walk around weight was 219.
Weidman and Tito are both the exact same weight outside of MMA. They are also the same height at 6'2.

Tito, to this day, is still considered one of the biggest LHWs out there.

You think Tito walks around at 219?

hahaha.

Try like 245, easy.

Prime Wand. It'd look like his first fight with Hendo.

You can tell people just can't grasp the concept of age and wear and tear on a fighter. And in Wand's case, yes possible PED use. But to be fair, it definitely was his "prime" and he'd beat Weidman soundly.

Could you imagine if they pumped teh kris full of the same amount of..... Pride.... As wand was at his prime???

Dude would be a monster.

You think Tito walks around at 219?

hahaha.

Try like 245, easy.
Then Tito is a liar, because he says he walks around at 220-225. His own words in the very post you just quoted.

Yup. Tito is even bigger than Fedor. I've seen them both in the same room together.
Fedor is the same height as Wand, which is 5'11.

Then Tito is a liar, because he says he walks around at 220-225. His own words in the very post you just quoted.

Fedor is the same height as Wand, which is 5'11.

From what I have heard Tito say, he weighs anywhere between 230-250ish, similar to Rampage.

Weidman is not in shape at 219, I think his in shape pre diet/water cut weight is something like 210 which is about the same as Wanderlei.

this is an interesting scenario, and truthfully one i had never even considered.

read through some of the responses. most from each side pretty predictable.

wanderlei's defensive guard and ability to scramble back to his feet have always been undervalued for the most part on these boards. with that being said, i think chris has trouble finishing wand especially in a ring with pride rules. that 10 min first round would be a huge factor imo, as weidman sometimes struggles a little with his cardio. otoh, machida and belfort lite had chris a little bewildered at times, so im thinking prime wand could definitely rock him with a blitz and finish him off.

in a cage with ufc rules, i think chris by decision is a safe bet.

Chris Weidman cut 34 pounds within a 2 week period to fight Demian Maia. Which means his walk around weight was 219.
Weidman and Tito are both the exact same weight outside of MMA. They are also the same height at 6'2.

Tito, to this day, is still considered one of the biggest LHWs out there.

Oh, I see, you are talking about a 1997-1999 Tito Ortiz, he got bigger.

Tito fought Wand in 2000... You kinda see my point, yeah?

Sort of but I don't think Wanderlei or Tito were in their primes till 1.5-2 years later.

When I think Prime Wanderlei I think mid-to-late 2001-2005 and I think Tito's Prime was pretty much the same.

Both got bigger in their late 20s/early 30s, though I think it was a mistake for Wanderlei to get as big as he got, he sacrificed his speed for more power which IMO he really didn't need more of.

It is somewhat like asking,... if Anderson fought Weidman a couple of years before would Weidman still win?

Seriously though, Wanderlei was the top dog in Pride. Before Pride fighters came to the UFC and got washed up and lost, UFC fighters went to Pride and got beat, and then beat. Chuck Liddell one of the UFC's most dominant champions ever was KOed by Rampage. At this time Rampage was a total beast, he physically overwhelmed the majority of his opponents, and had a strong mix of striking with wrestling.

Wanderlei wrecked him twice at this time. Sakuraba who was known for handling bigger and stronger opponents so well, Wanderlei wrecked him three times. This was at a time Vitor fought in Pride, along with elite grapplers, and strikers like Igor.

None of em wanted Wanderlei at this point. He was pure Fury,

Don't get me wrong I think Weidman may still beat him, but people who didn't follow Pride have no idea how SAVAGE Wanderlei was. At the beginning of Mirko's career Wanderlei fought him to a draw. He remained confident he could fight with anyone after Mirko then went on to destroy everything he saw with high kicks.

If the fight was in Pride I would take Wanderlei, I might even think he could fight with Anderson Silva and win in Pride, just considering how he owned the Pride ring for a time.

Weidman may beat any version of him sure,

but seriously Weidman has never in his career thus far seen the Fury of the Axe Murderer that was.

Perhaps he was on steroids then big time, (but also note myself included many Anderson admirers like to think he only used roids late, but then some of them don't like Wanderlei so they assume he was always pumped with roids) but that Wanderlei perhaps along with Fedor terrified everyone in mma.

Weidman is too skilled in too many areas, even for an elite beast like Prime Wand. 2015 Weidman > 2005 Wanderlei.

Back