The Chris vs prime Wand

Wanderlei would bloody kill him

But you guys just imagine the Wand that lost to Leben because many of you probably didn't see or watch his old fights

So you are saying that Tito Ortiz was a better fighter than Weidman? After all he beat Silva in his prime 15 years ago and did it pretty easily (if a bit boring). Weidman is a better wrestler, has better standup and better ground game.

Nice to see a few Wanderlei Silva fans at Sherdog but get real buddy...

As a huge fan of Wand I would bet money on The Chris over a roided out beast mode 2005 Wanderlei any day. I tend to be realistic when it comes to the fighters I am a fan of.

Threads like these really show how fickle MMA fans are.

Chris is great no doubt, but he'd have his hands full with a young Wanderlei especially at 205.

He gives up a speed and significant striking advantage, and clearly though he's the better grappler its not as if Wanderlei was prone to being submitted (in fact he's never lost via submission).

Prime Wand was so viscous, I wouldn't bet against him. He was going full blast and had cardio for days. Prime Chris had alot of trouble with After Prime Lyoto, Wand would have made him pay.

Prime Wand did not care about weight classes even, he will take on a Fujita , Hunt or Crocop.

The UFC Wand was not Prime Wand.

So you are saying that Tito Ortiz was a better fighter than Weidman? After all he beat Silva in his prime 15 years ago and did it pretty easily (if a bit boring). Weidman is a better wrestler, has better standup and better ground game.

Prime Wand...hmmmm......what ruleset? If it is NHB or Pride rules with no drug testing, I might have to lean towards Wand.

He would have a great shot, especially at 205. Wand has pretty solid TDD and a very underated defensive ground game. In Pride I would be more confident with the rules and ring, I would say in Pride Wand would win by strikes. In the UFC the fight would be different and would Chris a better chance. I would still say Wanderlei in his prime

Weidman on 205 too big and too strong wrestler, too much for every wand version ever existed

Wand wasn't in his prime yet when he fought Tito. Full on berserker Wand would have starched Tito then.

So would you say a prime Dan Henderson is better than Daiju Takase?

Of course.

That doesn't change the fact that Silva still handled Decision Dan and lost to ol' Daiju.

Wand, much like Anderson in this scenario, hadn't entered his 'prime' yet, so to speak. And you're also using the dreaded formula known as MMA math.

Nothing more impressive than the "prime" of former Pride fighters. Lmao oh Sherdog. Wand doesn't deserve to be in the same sentence as Weidman.

As a huge fan of Wand I would bet money on The Chris over a roided out beast mode 2005 Wanderlei any day. I tend to be realistic when it comes to the fighters I am a fan of.

That logic is not allowed on Sherdog.

With all the Pride Shills I would have expected comments like Wandy will win, anyone who says otherwise is a Zuffa Zombie.

Are you serious ? Tito would maul Weidman and Silva that fought Tito wasn't in his prime.

FFS just look at the amount of fights Wanderlei had from Jan 1999 to Dec 2000
ELEVEN fights in that time frame and only lost to Tito and NC to Yvel (HW)

Nothing more impressive than the "prime" of former Pride fighters. Lmao oh Sherdog. Wand doesn't deserve to be in the same sentence as Weidman.

B-b-but The Chris submit Tom Lawlor!1!

I like Weidman but his hype is out of control.

WHATEVER DO YOU MEAN

Viva you fool, didn't you see Weidman smash Mark FREAKING Munoz

Back