Opinion The cause of the rise of global populism

VivaRevolution

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Trump is just a symptom of a global problem. Political parties have collapsed in Europe. There are protests all around the world. This has been going on for years now.

Plenty has been said on the driving force of income inequality in causing this in the West.

I think there is another cause that also explains this phenomena in the developing world, and contributes to these problems in the West.

It is the arrogance of disregarding the will of the people.

From media, to government, there is a attitude of disregard for public opinion. That this is just a opportunity loss to mitigated, not a fundamental keystone to their legitimacy.

What is really scary to me, is that I see the government/corporate/media alliances all doubling down on dumb. I don't think these institutions are facing the music of their failed ideology in treating public opinion as an opportunity loss to be mitigated.

This is why I think we will see things continue to spin out of control, threatening the utter collapse of society.

What do you think the cause is?

Discuss..........

Income inequality is only a part of it. There's income inequality all over the world. Each society handles that problem differently. Will of the people can be best represented in a democracy.

In democracies unsatisfaction in the west is manifested by the rise of the radical left. However, upon deeper examination we see many radical leftists are wealthy people spreading white guilt and anti-male sentiment. It's misplaced anger. Populism serves as a counter balance to letting in a million undocumented musilm migrants into Germany. The blocking of free speech in the USA. At this rate polarization will only get worse as the "gotcha culture" destroys American discourse and the very existence of Europe.

Last edited:
Income inequality is still probably the largest contributor to all of this.

Why do politicians, media, etc not listen to or represent the people? Money. If there wasn't such a vast difference in wealth between the very super wealthy and the rest of the people they would be unable to easily buy political power.

Last edited:

Why do politicians, media, etc not listen to or represent the people? Money. If there wasn't such a vast difference in wealth between the very super wealthy and the rest of the people they would be unable to easily by political power.

Why do these assholes and shitfaces own that much money? Cuz we work for them.

Why do we work for them? Cuz it gives us the security at having a place in the society.

The problem is, as time passes there are more and more of us, meaning more and more who work for THEM. Two objects cannot occupy the same space at the same time unless it's on the quantum level. Space is diminishing, more and more is accumulated on a single point (a few groups of people), while those shitfaces propagate the thinking that this is the way the world is. So they grab more and more people to work for them. This goes on until it reaches the breaking point. That breaking point is: "Is this all the world's ever be?"

" The race of humans had felt its own dormancy, sensed itself grown stale and knew now only the need to experience turmoil in which the genes would mingle and the strong new mixtures survive."

- Frank Herbert, Dune

Why do politicians, media, etc not listen to or represent the people? Money. If there wasn't such a vast difference in wealth between the very super wealthy and the rest of the people they would be unable to easily by political power.

The developing world's unrest is why I am looking for further explanations. They have actually done better in many areas where there is unrest. India being the most prime example of this.

Well, first of all, the collapse of society is exactly what they want.

Make no mistake about it, a fresh 'start' is exactly what they want, with all of us discombobulated.

Also, Trump puts the fear of god in them, borders, walls, preserving America, working for real Americans. As long as these inhumane, lying, thieving, murderous, plotting Globalists are allowed to run amok and terrorize human beings, then the more we will have to put up with the charade. A lot of people are waking up, seeing the MSM, Hollywood and the politicians for what they are. I think personally that slow and steady wins this race. No violent revolutions, no crazy protests. We simply need to show people the light, and the right way. Go over some easy to understand falsehoods propped up by the MSM for example. Ease family and friends into understanding the Globalist angle, in terms of easier control of currencies, populations and the destruction of Nationalistic societies. Slowly but surely, the truth will prevail as it does, and we can get back to peace on Earth and attempting to reach the stars.

Income inequality is only a part of it. There's income inequality all over the world. Each society handles that problem differently. Will of the people can be best represented in a democracy.

In democracies unsatisfaction in the west is manifested by the rise of the radical left. However, upon deeper examination we see many radical leftists are wealthy people spreading white guilt and anti-male sentiment. It's misplaced anger. Populism serves as a counter balance to letting in a million undocumented musilm migrants into Germany. The blocking of free speech in the USA. At this rate polarization will only get worse as the "gotcha culture" destroys American discourse and the very existence of Europe.
This post is a complete and utter perversion of societal problems gripping the world. To think that the left, on any continent, has the power to shape any society at-will is an absurdity. Look at Bolivia and Brazil- the left in those countries, which has the support of the vast majority of their people, were overthrown by right wingers. In the Bolivian example, the right-wing religious fundamentalist party who led the coup has regularly polled at 4%.

Lay off the Tim Pool and Sam Harris, buddy.

Becuase The People are tired of being told "do as I say, not as I do" by our leaders.

To quote Tupac:

"You see the old way wasn't working so it's on us to do
What we gotta do, to survive
."

It's like we're all passengers in a car, that is heading straight for the cliffs. We are fighting over whether we should swerve to the left or swerve to the right, but one thing we can all agree on - if we do not alter our current path, we are met with certain doom.

This is how I see politics today.

Part of it seems to be the high cost of home ownership and renting. I was a couple of documentaries produced by Western Euro TV stations which showed it to be a major issue there also.

I agree. Trump is a symptom of the breaking down of a system that was meant for a 1950s world system. The media going after Trump is silly and shirt sighted. He dies wring but there are many other problems that aren't even being addressed anymore due to the focus on Trump.
I also think capitalism is the best system but unfettered capitalism is wrong. It's a razors wedge to balance the benefits of capitalism with the safety of govt. Both Europe and the US and doing it badly imho

Part of it seems to be the high cost of home ownership and renting. I was a couple of documentaries produced by Western Euro TV stations which showed it to be a major issue there also.
True. Chinese money and private equity with the aide of low interest environment have bought up housing in most prime areas. Which has made hosting basically unaffordable in many areas.
My parents bought a house in th router suburbs of DC in 88 for 145k. It's worth close to 600k now.

Trump is just a symptom of a global problem. Political parties have collapsed in Europe. There are protests all around the world. This has been going on for years now.

Plenty has been said on the driving force of income inequality in causing this in the West.

I think there is another cause that also explains this phenomena in the developing world, and contributes to these problems in the West.

It is the arrogance of disregarding the will of the people.

From media, to government, there is a attitude of disregard for public opinion. That this is just a opportunity loss to mitigated, not a fundamental keystone to their legitimacy.

What is really scary to me, is that I see the government/corporate/media alliances all doubling down on dumb. I don't think these institutions are facing the music of their failed ideology in treating public opinion as an opportunity loss to be mitigated.

This is why I think we will see things continue to spin out of control, threatening the utter collapse of society.

What do you think the cause is?

Discuss..........
I agree. People are disillusioned and confidence in institutions has been decreasing steadily. Can’t trust the media, can’t trust the politicians, and people are pushing back against a globalist agenda that is seen as a race to the bottom.

People are also getting tired of being told what to say and what to think.

True. Chinese money and private equity with the aide of low interest environment have bought up housing in most prime areas. Which has made hosting basically unaffordable in many areas.
My parents bought a house in th router suburbs of DC in 88 for 145k. It's worth close to 600k now.
The suburbs of DC in Virginia and Maryland have actually grown that much though. What were small towns in 1988 covered in trees with a few thousand people are now actual metropolitan areas with 20 story buildings covered in corporate offices being hooked up to the DC metro system.

The government contracting and both public and private technology businesses transformed the area. Something like 1/3 of the world's internet traffic flows through the internet backbone in virginia for example.

People are generally selfish and easily frightened. That's why populism gets results.

The suburbs of DC in Virginia and Maryland have actually grown that much though. What were small towns in 1988 covered in trees with a few thousand people are now actual metropolitan areas with 20 story buildings covered in corporate offices being hooked up to the DC metro system.

The government contracting and both public and private technology businesses transformed the area. Something like 1/3 of the world's internet traffic flows through the internet backbone in virginia for example.
True the areas have definitely built up. But housing has rapidly outpaced wages. I don't think you can even rent a room for 700 a month in Montgomery County. Which is also has made it so that the middle class has basically left that County.
I do get your point. Areas have definitely grown. My town probably doubled or tripled in population while I lived there.

I question the core premise itself. What evidence is there that political parties are breaking down more significantly than in the past? There are protests all over the world but when weren't there protests of some sort all over the world?

If we're talking about a small time window like 10 years, I'd agree with that. But I'd also say that such a small time frame isn't indicative of a problem. There are always short term fluctuations in voter behavior.

It’s the economy/austerity if we had more cash to spend on stuff we would behave more rationally,10 years without a pay rise while the cost of living goes up made a lot of people go a bit mental .

Back