the "casting punch" aka bad hook or s****y bolo thrown with arm power?

revoltub

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Cmon, casting punch? I mean cmon, I love sambo and I love Fedor.

it's a hook. and not a good one. I don't know what happened but at some point someone needed to make a bunch of hooks into some mythical ancient russian technique of punching.

FedorSylviaGif3.gif

Igor does it too. They are just palm down crosses or bolo punches (half hook/uppercuts) or hooks. this is because palm down punching is easier on the hands and especially with mma gloves.

"casting punches" don't exist. they are hooks. looping bolos

748212_o.gif

this style of punching (palm down) was prevalent in boxing actually for a long time.
here is a gif a non bolo combination.

louis-walcott-ko-o.gif

TLDR - Casting punches do not exist.

Last edited:
Instead make a thread about people hating on wide hooks because they heard Robin Black do it

the style of punches Igor and Fedor threw were definitely not 'easier on their hands especially in MMA gloves', Igor retired due to fucked up hands and Fedor had to abandon his early GnP style due to fucked up hands

Its a Combat Sambo orientated technique in order to initiate the clinch to throw.

Why are you so butt hurt over the name of a technique?

the style of punches Igor and Fedor threw were definitely not 'easier on their hands especially in MMA gloves', Igor retired due to fucked up hands and Fedor had to abandon his early GnP style due to fucked up hands

do you honestly think throwing hooks with the palms facing you in MMA gloves would be easier on the hands? try doing that and see how far your wrist snaps

why are you so butt hurt over the truth of the technique?
You started this asinine thread, friend. Thank you for enlightening us with your encyclopedic technical knowledge. I predict you'll be the next big thing in MMA.

You started this asinine thread, friend. Thank you for enlightening us with your encyclopedic technical knowledge. I predict you'll be the next big thing in MMA.

There's nothing wrong with learning something, Clover 87. If you read my post, you learned something.

Jeez, fedor fans.

he could slap his dick on guys foreheads and his fans would all be like "Ah, the russian sambo forehead strike. amazing, utilized in order to setup the takedown. Clearly those calling it a dick smack aren't educated on sambo or russian boxing"

yeah, lets call a spade a spade.

it's a shitty arm hook thrown from the boneyard.

you may also know it as a roundhouse or a haymaker
Eh, a haymaker would imply little to no elbow movement though. I see more of a whipping motion in the "casting punch"

There's nothing wrong with learning something, Clover 87. If you read my post, you learned something.

Jeez, fedor fans.

he could slap his dick on guys foreheads and his fans would all be like "Ah, the russian sambo forehead strike. amazing, utilized in order to setup the takedown. Clearly those calling it a dick smack aren't educated on sambo or russian boxing"

What I learned is you really, really want to find some way to discredit a fighter whose prime was about ten years ago. Let it go man.. let it go..Although maybe you are new to this conversation...

What I learned is you really, really want to find some way to discredit a fighter whose prime was about ten years ago. Let it go man.. let it go..Although maybe you are new to this conversation...

I never once discredit anyone. Just shed light on a technique.

your defense mechanisms are coming in full blast aint they.

Back