The Capoeira Conditioning Thread for Beginners

nice
trampoline and springfloors make excellent training aids

For cardiovascular conditioning, nothing beats running.

I've taken capoeira and I personally find it no different than bboying in terms of difficulty. Actually, I'd say bboying is more demanding physically as some dance to faster beats and use more power moves.

TheFoxChokeNKO said:

I've taken capoeira and I personally find it no different than bboying in terms of difficulty. Actually, I'd say bboying is more demanding physically as some dance to faster beats and use more power moves.

Capoeira is tough Martial art to learn, it comes from thousands of years heritage and takes a life long commitment to it. I was at a seminar with the founder of a particular branch, Capoeira Angola, he was in his fifties and could run rings around me. Im a Taekwondo practioner, but Capoeira works the body in a totally different way.

Great video of Tony by the way!

looks interesting. ima check into that book. you think i can get it at Barnes & Nobles?

Doesnt Capoeira have groundfighting techniques called 'Capoeira ungala' or somehting like that?

TheFoxChokeNKO said:

Actually, scientifically-disciplined studies by sports physiologists have found that quite a few things beat the pants off of running for CV conditioning; three 3-minute rounds of intense kickboxing being one of them.

Except for your log, ya lazy ass! That thing was damned thorough - paralysis by analysis?

:icon_cheeTry going into a pre-crabwalk position, (hands,feet,ass, on the ground) then by flexing you abs and legs, hop into a standing or crouched position. i call them kip ups :icon_chee

Back