Social The Buttigieg presidential buzz has penetrated the White House

He'd be running against a guy who told people to inject bleach to cure covid and who lost to a corpse the last time he ran for President. Ready or not...Pete would be fine.

Who said to inject bleach?

It isn't even that he is gay that he will fail, it is that he seems fake as hell, like someone who only is there for the photoshoot, to use woke phrases, but is himself an idiot... which is evident by our supply chain issues right now, among other stuff.

He looks like a stary eyed kid as he talks about shit like racist roads, and taking picture of himself in a hospital bed with his partner, despite not actually giving birth and needing to be in an adult hospital bed. It is images like this, rather than being actually gay, that will not get him elected.

6133cfbd20302759975bc5cc.JPG
why are they in hospital beds? they didnt give birth to those poor children

He has a bit of a political handicap, and can't penetrate a few demographics that the Dems always need to push them over the top.

He kinda has to think that way if he wants to remain in politics unless he moves to a different state. He’s kinda in Castro’s situation where the party likes him enough to try to boost his resume but are limited electorally because of where he lives. Not sure how well he’d do running in a general election for president but seemed like he was doing pretty well and had a decent shot if Biden wasn’t in the picture. It’s 2021 though. Everything can change in months let alone years.

I like Pete. He is thoughtful, articulate, extremely intelligent, and he does not get overly emotional. And most importantly, he does not hide or try and water down his more 'extreme' positions. He tries to explain them. There is no better example of that than when, at a Fox News Town Hall, he defended his position on 3rd trimester abortions.

He'd make a fucking awesome President.

On a more serious note, Buttigieg is an underqualified idiot, and his completely ineffectual behaviour during the supply chain crisis does not inspire confidence. This is basically a test to see if the secretary of transportation is good for anything; if he had excelled here, he would have proven to serious people that he could actually solve real problems.

Buttigieg clearly can't hack it; smart people who work in logistics (like Huntsman,
), have been pointing out what a disaster he would be in the role since before he was appointed.

Buttigieg *seems* smart, but his actual ability to understand real problems and get things done appears to be poor at best, and abysmal at worst.

Buttigieg is just a talented social climber who has been promoted far beyond his true competence.

Last edited:
I like Pete. He is thoughtful, articulate, extremely intelligent, and he does not get overly emotional. And most importantly, he does not hide or try and water down his more 'extreme' positions. He tries to explain them. There is no better example of that than when, at a Fox News Town Hall, he defended his position on 3rd trimester abortions.

Not a great answer. He first accuses the host of asking a question in bad faith(quick dodge attempt), then he tries to downplay it as an anomaly(a tactic used to dismiss the severity of the act, because he knows it's bad), then he makes a bunch of baseless wishy washy assumptions about the people who have done it to justify the act he just tried to downplay(again, because he knows it's bad), and then his ultimate answer is a thoughtless "Women get to decide no matter what" for some cheap feminist pops.

I’d say despite seeming like a polished politician that he does seem transparent in how he approaches his speeches. I had him probably #3 in the dem primary but some of those positions like his view on the courts/ eliminating the filibuster give him a ceiling (as I’d usually vote for the candidate with the opposite view.) I don’t think he should suddenly move to presidency though and I don’t think his current role/ what he’s done so far should get him there. He’s young though so he very likely could get to that point in the future.

He's probably one of the more intelligent Dem candidates but he is not viable in a general for obvious reasons. He could be the smartest guy in the room but will always be defined by "buttplugs" or whatever very clever nickname the opposition comes up with next.

lol… you seen the Netflix documentary?
Obviously not

In addition to being a sexual deviant and lizard person he is also a red diaper baby. Daddy was a founding member of the International Gramsci Society. Named after the leader of the Italian Communist party. Daddy translated Gramsci's influential works on cultural subversion into English.

<6>

<{Joewithit}><JagsKiddingMe>lol wtfucking hell man, you used that clip about a politician shamelessly pandering to women about 3rd trimester abortions to propel that statement

I like Pete. He is thoughtful, articulate, extremely intelligent, and he does not get overly emotional.
<WellThere>

Watching Pete intellectually torture Trump on national television would be fun. Trump having to sit there knowing a gay guy could beat his ass and take his wife might make for some good Trump reactions.

I doubt he's beating anyone up.

They double yellowed you? Stay safe sherbro!

Thanks, man.

I'm a bit pissed because I crossed a(State;))line I didn't even know was there. But the Mods have been a bit trigger-happy in the St Kyle of Kenosha thread, and I got caught in the crossfire.

Fuck it. Not my first rodeo; I'll do my time in Solitary and be back in Gen Pop around Xmas:)

Back