The bullying of the Regressives

And here is an example. Jack describes me as loving the power structure yet knows I am staunchly against big government and for individual freedom.

The real-world power structure is what wants reduced democratic power, though, no? Who is Dana White voting for? I think that 99% of people reading that would understand what I meant.

Well there is a huge difference between the two though and I can easily understand why someone wouldn't wanna be labeled with the cavemen on the right.

But I'm very critical how our justice department handled the 2008 crash. The democrats had the position to nail fat cAt Wall Street execs balls to the wall and they didn't.

I think you are missing the point of @dontsnitch posts. The nonsense that is taking place on College Campuses should be seen as terrible by everyone regardless of their political affiliation. Unfortunately, when concern is shown over these bizarre campus antics, posters like yourself, @Jack V Savage and @Dochter go on about right-wing conspiracies and Southern U.S. racism. You must understand that people start to wonder what is going on when the leftist posters on Sherdog never condemn such vile behavior and instead babble on senselessly about the right.

I think you are missing the point of @dontsnitch posts. The nonsense that is taking place on College Campuses should be seen as terrible by everyone regardless of their political affiliation. Unfortunately, when concern is shown over these bizarre campus antics, posters like yourself, @Jack V Savage and @Dochter go on about right-wing conspiracies and Southern U.S. racism. You must understand that people start to wonder what is going on when the leftists posters on Sherdog never condemn such vile behavior and instead babble on senselessly about the right.

Why are you distracting from how racist the Right is?

I think you are missing the point of @dontsnitch posts. The nonsense that is taking place on College Campuses should be seen as terrible by everyone regardless of their political affiliation. Unfortunately, when concern is shown over these bizarre campus antics, posters like yourself, @Jack V Savage and @Dochter go on about right-wing conspiracies and Southern U.S. racism. You must understand that people start to wonder what is going on when the leftist posters on Sherdog never condemn such vile behavior and instead babble on senselessly about the right.

Is it really complicated? You guys are letting identity politics cloud your judgment. Kids acting stupid on campus = not a real issue that matters. Authorities abusing power and oppressing citizens = major problem. If you really care about freedom, why are you not an ally on the important issues?

Is it really complicated? You guys are letting identity politics cloud your judgment. Kids acting stupid on campus = not a real issue that matters. Authorities abusing power and oppressing citizens = major problem. If you really care about freedom, why are you not an ally on the important issues?

Coddled children being raised to have an entitled victim mentality is an important issue.

Coddled children being raised to have an entitled victim mentality is an important issue.

Saw the first 11 seconds. Realized it was stupid.

But, again, coddled children being raised to have an entitled victim mentality is a pretty good description of a Trump rally, isn't it? And Trump himself, for that matter. So, again, if your concern is that people become scrappier, why isn't the target inheritance and other intergenerational wealth transfers?

Hrm... It's not like complaining about the "regressive left" is mutually exclusive with being opposed to the wacky right. Why not just acknowledge the issues with the "regressive left" and continue being opposed to the wacky right?

Though, per the above point, I've seen that video before.. I find it *really* hyperbolic and rather on the nose. I get the point it's making - it really crams it down our throats - but I really didn't enjoy it. I say that as someone who quite agrees with the point it's making - just didn't like the video.

Hrm... It's not like complaining about the "regressive left" is mutually exclusive with being opposed to the wacky right.

Sure, but what about people who defend regressives on the right (which make up the vast majority of the conservative movement, almost by definition) and attack the vanishingly small number of them on the left (sort of a contradiction, but we get it)? Because that's what we're actually talking about. It's like people who fear-monger about the deficit and at the same time support huge revenue reductions and increases in military spending. It's not honest, and it's not a reasonable way to address the alleged problem.

Though, per the above point, I've seen that video before.. I find it *really* hyperbolic and rather on the nose. I get the point it's making - it really crams it down our throats - but I really didn't enjoy it. I say that as someone who quite agrees with the point it's making - just didn't like the video.

Yeah, I could see where it was going.

The real-world power structure is what wants reduced democratic power, though, no? Who is Dana White voting for? I think that 99% of people reading that would understand what I meant.

I don't care who Dana White is voting for. He, like you, can vote for whoever he wants. I can disagree with him vehemently on many issues and still like what the guy has done with making MMA mainstream. Duh.

I don't care who Dana White is voting for. He, like you, can vote for whoever he wants. I can disagree with him vehemently on many issues and still like what the guy has done with making MMA mainstream. Duh.

Point_over_your_head.jpg

Sure, but what about people who defend regressives on the right (which make up the vast majority of the conservative movement, almost by definition) and attack the vanishingly small number of them on the left (sort of a contradiction, but we get it)? Because that's what we're actually talking about. It's like people who fear-monger about the deficit and at the same time support huge revenue reductions and increases in military spending. It's not honest, and it's not a reasonable way to address the alleged problem.

While I see what you're saying, I still don't see why a discussion about this demographic/population/whatever, however small it may be, is problematic and worthy of censure? Bringing it to light in a thread online seems a reasonable way to at least approach the "alleged" problem.

Also, are we sure the group in question is "vanishingly small"? I do see it quite prevalently displayed in circles I frequent...

Saw the first 11 seconds. Realized it was stupid.

But, again, coddled children (including college kids) being raised to have an entitled victim mentality is a pretty good description of a Trump rally, isn't it? And Trump himself, for that matter. So, again, if your concern is that people become scrappier, why isn't the target inheritance and other intergenerational wealth transfers?

I do not know how the way children are being influenced by the regressive left's identity politics has anything to do with Donald Trump. Children being made to feel either like an entitled victim or a guilty oppressor because of their skin color or sex is a serious issue. This silly identity politics nonsense is not just limited to wacky college kids. Influential mainstream media is peddling this shit on everybody. MTV has countless shows now that condemn whites and encourage a victim mentality on minority groups and women.

Why is this kid in these hilarious "white guilt" pictures?

ZoIrr.jpg

I do not know how the way children are being influenced by the regressive left's identity politics has anything to do with Donald Trump. Children being made to feel either like an entitled victim or a guilty oppressor because of their skin color or sex is a serious issue. This silly identity politics nonsense is not just limited to wacky college kids. Influential mainstream media is peddling this shit on everybody. MTV has countless shows now that condemn whites and encourage a victim mentality on minority groups and women.

Why is this kid in these hilarious "white guilt" pictures?

ZoIrr.jpg

It doesn't have to have anything to do with Trump. Jack will try to connect dots that don't connect, and when called on it he will claim you misunderstood his meaning and that not only were you wrong before, but you're now doubly wrong. He's a dishonest hack. I am still not sure if he's a troll or if he is serious about his dishonesty.

While I see what you're saying, I still don't see why a discussion about this demographic/population/whatever, however small it may be, is problematic and worthy of censure? Bringing it to light in a thread online seems a reasonable way to at least approach the "alleged" problem.

Also, are we sure the group in question is "vanishingly small"? I do see it quite prevalently displayed in circles I frequent...

Describing a problem as "small" is relative. If you care about honesty, fairness, defending liberty, then things like the OP are a big problem, particularly since attitudes like those in the OP are very widespread and are influencing events large and small.

If you don't care about the wrongs committed by those individuals and their line-minded fellows, or if you agree with their behavior, then it's not going to appear to you to be a big problem at all. Perhaps it might not be viewed as a problem at all.

The behavior of people in response to this situation should be very telling about what kind of person they are.

You're missing the other half of the point. The same people who are allegedly outraged that some college kid somewhere yelled at someone are perfectly fine with or actively cheerleading for real regressive politics.

The portion of the left that is unwittingly supporting the right is vanishingly small, yes. Particularly in proportion to the portion of the right that is supporting the right.

I do not know how the way children are being influenced by the regressive left's identity politics has anything to do with Donald Trump.

Um, what? You were talking about "coddled children being raised to have an entitled victim mentality." As I said, that's Trump's supporters. They're mad that their privilege is declining, and they're lashing out at everyone else. It's the regressive right's identity politics (and to the extent that left-wingers support it, they are regressive).

This silly identity politics nonsense is not just limited to wacky college kids.

Right. It's the dominant force behind the support of (at least) one of the leading presidential candidates. Generally, it explains why people are willing to support obviously idiotic and hugely destructive economic policy and why people oppose doing anything about climate change. You know, seriously problems that have serious, far-reaching consequences for a lot of people all over the world.

You're missing the other half of the point. The same people who are allegedly outraged that some college kid somewhere yelled at someone are perfectly fine with or actively cheerleading for real regressive politics.

I guess it's a half of the point I don't consider that relevant. I'm not arguing for or against the person - I'm arguing for or against the position they're adopting. If Donald Trump were to have some really sound idea that came out of his general racist, populist ramblings, I would be quite happy to say "Well, that's a damned good idea - old Trump got it right this time." Just because the prick wants to build a wall between here and Mexico doesn't mean I'm going to attack him having a legitimate point in some other arena. In this case, even if the posters in question are "cheerleading for real regressive politics" elsewhere, I'm not going to stymie them when they rightly criticize a sad element of left wing politics.

I can understand the fear here is that, by conceding "Ok, Donald got one right" we risk fortifying his credibility as a whole, but I'm not willing to go to the point of fighting against an apt criticism just because I might bolster someone's credibility at large when they spew filth.

The portion of the left that is unwittingly supporting the right is vanishingly small, yes. Particularly in proportion to the portion of the right that is supporting the right.

I might have misunderstood the issue... Is the problem that the "regressive left" is unwittingly supporting the right, or that dumbassed college kids - like the ones we talked about yesterday - want Plato effectively censored because he says things they don't like? IE - "bullying" the "wrong" viewpoints. I don't really see that as an issue related tied to the right... I might have misunderstood the whole contention here.

Um, what? You were talking about "coddled children being raised to have an entitled victim mentality." As I said, that's Trump's supporters. They're mad that their privilege is declining, and they're lashing out at everyone else. It's the regressive right's identity politics (and to the extent that left-wingers support it, they are regressive).

Right. It's the dominant force behind the support of (at least) one of the leading presidential candidates. Generally, it explains why people are willing to support obviously idiotic and hugely destructive economic policy and why people oppose doing anything about climate change. You know, seriously problems that have serious, far-reaching consequences for a lot of people all over the world.

It is the left's insane, aggressive and divisive identity politics that are driving people people to support Donald Trump. Many people (especially working class white males) are tired of being shamed, guilted and condemned by regressive leftists. The only person who is not pissing on them at the moment is Donald Trump. People will only tolerate being shit on for so long before they lash out. Supporting Trump is their way of lashing out against a society that is entirely against them.

It's difficult not to conclude that the left absolutely hates working class white males.

Yeah the republicans are honest. Lmaoooo

climate change is a liberal hoax.

98% of earths scientists say it isn't a hoax.

And the libs are the liars right lol

You have a weird obsession with making everything about "conservatives".

It's no conspiracy the south is racist.

Back