The Brock Lesnar/GSP 1 off "Money fight" hypocrisy aka Dana White hates GSP

Jon Stark

King in the North
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am so annoyed with Dana and the UFC.

They rip GSP for shreds for coming back for one fight and not defending his title after a lengthy hiatus of 4 years. The UFC then denies GSP a 1 off title shot vs Khabib and the opportunity to be a 3 division champ which results in him retiring.

Brock comes back after 5+ years off, gets popped for PED's, re-retires and now the UFC seems to be doing everything they can to make this 1 off money title fight happen?

WHY???????????

Where is the consistency??

Fuck Dana, this is BS. Way to let your ego and personal vendetta against GSP get in the way of your paying fans being happy/

Brock likely won't win.

GSP very well might have.

<seedat>

Brock likely won't win.

GSP very well might have.

<seedat>
And what does that say about the motives of Dana and the company? They want to hand pick their champions and their fans and fighters needs are last or at least treated inconsistently.

We are comparing two former champions in Brock and GSP. Both have earned the right to have bigger fights as they generate more money and excitement for the sport.

Lesnar is twice the draw of GSP
GSP is 600/800k
Lesnar is 900-1.6 million
Plus GSP has left before, Lesnar likely sticks around

Dana is a lowkey GSP hater...

GSP did whatever he felt regarding his career, albeit in a mild mannered way, and didn’t concede to the UFC’s demands.

Dana’s always hated him since.

We are comparing two former champions in Brock and GSP. Both have earned the right to have bigger fights as they generate more money and excitement for the sport.

Both generate money but GSP did way more in his career. He’s arguably the best ever

GSP committed the mortal UFC sin and stood up for himself. Several times!

And what does that say about the motives of Dana and the company? They want to hand pick their champions and their fans and fighters needs are last or at least treated inconsistently.

I'm not disagreeing with your OP.

If Cormier is retiring, they wanna put on that big money fight with him.

Khabib however could be a guy they want around for awhile. 27-0 sounds awfully good.

GSP is a tough fight. If he wins he'll likely retire and not defend.

gsp already had his one off money fight for a title. it's not that hard to understand.

Poor argument. I don’t remember the company “ripping GSP to shreds” by the way.

Also worth remembering that lightweight isn’t exactly starved for interesting fights right now. Heavyweight has always been extremely thin. Also, whether you believe him or not, White has said that he wants to reward Cormier with a huge fight for being such an asset for the company.

GSP committed the mortal UFC sin and stood up for himself. Several times!
and was rewarded with a title shot at a weight class he never competed in after being retired for years. it's not like the ufc doesn't want gsp to fight......

Wouldnt put Da Fix past this one as Lesnar winning and then allowing DC to fight him for real in a rematch would be the biggest draw ever pulling in tons of WWE and giving Cormier big red panty nite money . I love Daniel but that would be the payday he's always wanted and he'd still go out on top.

Lesnar is twice the draw of GSP
GSP is 600/800k
Lesnar is 900-1.6 million
Plus GSP has left before, Lesnar likely sticks around

I finally get use this gif.

giphy.gif

Dana isnt doing it for Brock.

Hes bending over backwards to make this fight happen for DC. His biggest company man and ass kisser.

Back