The British Jon Jones is on his way...

Lashley vs Thompson

The rematch we've all been waiting for.

Prospects who are 30+ don't usually interest me, because they don't have as much time to develop into a great fighter before their body starts breaking down.

That being said, he's only 9 fights into his career, hasn't taken much damage, and has the physical tools to be a force, and good striking too.

There aren't many young prospects in the light heavyweight division. It's mostly over-the-hill vets and fighters who are in the top ten simply because the division's pretty thin on talent.

... There are three fighters under 30 in the UFC's top 15.

The British invasion is coming to London? What does that mean.

And why is sokoudju and lima standing in front of an American flag.

Some really interesting marketing tactics.

It was just a press conference to promote the card and meet fans. It was the first image of the card I came across.

British Jon Jones...sigh.
This is why people troll the Worldwide forum.

McGeary is a monster, but his biggest wins are an aging eastern-European dude and Kelly Anundson who couldn't even qualify for TUF 19, one of the weakest seasons in memory.

At this stage of his career (numbers wise), Jones was humiliating guys like Stephan Bonnar who recently headlined a Bellator PPV.

It's threads like this, that force people to troll this forum and shit on very talented fighters. It's because the people who only hang out in this forum are so desperate to over-rate non-Zuffa fighters.

McGeary would, at this stage, get absolutely beasted by Jones, Gustafsson, Cormier, Rumble, Davis, Bader and OSP is an outside bet but I wouldn't be surprised if Liam smashed OSP. The others would run riot on him...now.

Come back in 1-2yrs and we'll see who Liam's smashed who would get close to the top 10 in the UFC. If he's done so, happy days, I'd love to see a dominant Brit on the scene. He certainly has the tools.

Newton fight will tell us more.

if he beats Newton I'd say he could beat guys like Feijao, Fabio, Shogun, Manuwa, Lil Nog.

Guys like Jones, DC, Gus, Rumble, Bader, Davis, Glover, Rashad I think would beat him.

Thank you, finally someone who understands.lol He's about to fight arguably the number 10 (A lot of rankings have him around there before anyone says anything.). He's been brought along nicely so far, though I think he should've fought a Soko or Beltran type guy first. Hell, even Bonnar would've been a fun fight for him. A lot of the questions people have will be answered soon enough, so I guess we'll see.

Dat wrestling

He is lucky that Newton didn't have any interest in fighting an intelligent fight. If Newtown would have simply STOOD UP the dozens of times that he could have done so instead of jumping back into guard he would have won pretty easily.

Liam sure is interesting though so at least Bellator has a kind of unique champ who can finish at LHW and they have a few WAY over the hill "names" to throw to him. Hell a win over a completely washed up Tito would still be a nice feather in his cap, Newtown was probably the toughest challenge on the roster for him, maybe King Mo cause trouble since Liam has zero wrestling, but I doubt they give Mo a title shot for boring audiences to tears so unless he works his way through a tourney he probably won't be in a picture.

Good for him for getting the Bellator belt, even if it is pretty clear he is not on the level of the top UFC guys at least if he defends in Bellator people can try to delusionally argue that he is and hype him up some more.

Back