The Brazilian Excuse: JDS edition

Cain should say some excuses right now to piss JDS of. he should say :

'Yeah I won, but I was really injured, my knee was strained and my pinky toe 'was broken. Also i had food poisoning and diarrhea before the fight during the weight cut. The weightcut almost destroyed my liver but i kept going. I was showing only about 25% potential of my real abilities. I couldn't throw enough power into my shots because of the pinky toe, so my punches were only at about 50 % power. If my toe was fine I think i would have knocked him out. Also I can knock out Klitschko.. '

That ending was gold. :icon_chee

so it was ok when Cain claimed injury as a reason for his poor performance in their first fight, but now if JDS has any mitigating factors, it is just 'excuses'?

nope. no double standard here, lol

No, it wasn't ok when Cain did it, they both made excuses

You see, this profession is filled to the brim with unrealistic motherfuckers. Motherfuckers who thought their ass would age like wine. If you mean it turns to vinegar, it does. If you mean it gets better with age, it don't.

The night of the fight, you may feel a slight sting. That's pride fucking with you. Fuck pride. Pride only hurts, it never helps.

I don't expect many fighters to be 100% going into every fight. There are lasting injuries that will always affect some of them in some way or another. Some of these injuries, especially the ones leading up to the fight from training or what not could affect the outcome of the fight. But they took the fight so they must have they felt that they could fight through it and win anyway. When they decide to fight, despite the injuries, I'd rather not hear it being mentioned. But I'm not them so I don't fault them for it. I just do not care for fighters who seem to do it for every loss.

Cain and JDS don't seem to be that way to me but there aren't a whole lot of losses between them so I don't have a lot to go on. They'll fight a 3rd time, both will say they are ready to go and someone will lose. No one that thinks they are the best accepts defeat easily so rationalizing it might help them mentally. I just hope that whoever loses the next fight makes it clear that even if they had some physical problems that they aren't taking anything away from their opponents' win. They fought so they were good to go in my eyes.

I like both of these guys. I don't think either is really an excuse maker. I believe that they both think they are the best and are trying to justify losing, if only for the sake of their own mindset.

Some of you people are ridiculous. I would love to see you guys call in sick to work and get canned because your boss doesn't accept "excuses".

Americans love generalizations.

I don't know if this was meant to be funny but I find your generalization hilarious for different reasons depending on whether you are American or not. :icon_lol: Good one!

Junior dos Santos blames personal problems, kidney issues for UFC 155 loss to Cain Velasquez

Oh you Brazilians!

1350872700230.png

And Cain came out and said he was injured which most of his fans blamed for his loss.

Brazilians can give reasons for losses which is fair...everone does it. But American figthter have come up with the worse excuses for losses. Everything from paying off refs, to corruption to family issues.

I'm brazillian and agree totally with the OP. Brazilian fighters all get easily butthurt and are professional excuse makers. And I remember Cain being asked a lot of times in the first post-fight press conference about the injury but refusing to confirm

JDS claimed multiple times that he was feeling his best and was at 100% right before the fight.

Cain never made excuses only his fans did, unlike jr who tells everyone in his interview with rogan after the first fight, now this. Cain is alot more humble & respectful to talk shit or give excuses.

hhahahaha, I think JDS issue is totally legit, but ya, Brazilians make excuses like a motherfucker.

I elect The Brazilian Excuse to become a weekly thread.

i read the original interview he said his body had overtraining symptoms AFTER the fight so MAYBE that could have something to do with his performance, he also said cain was better that night and his body couldn't react as he wanted due to the punches he took from cain, also giving props to him for being the better fight and that he was too shy and made a lot of mistakes (witch is true imo)

I'm brazillian and agree totally with the OP. Brazilian fighters all get easily butthurt and are professional excuse makers. And I remember Cain being asked a lot of times in the first post-fight press conference about the injury but refusing to confirm

Props on seeing things how they are.

And yes, Cain always downplayed his injury and was shy about it.

JDS seems to tell everyone that is willing to listen.

Back