The Brazilian Excuse: JDS edition

He didn't necessarily make an excuse. He just said he was hurting going into the fight and injured, then gave Junior credit for the win. Cain's team and friends made huge excuses for him. Nevertheless, bringing it up doesn't make it an outright excuse. But Cain did bring it up.

Link please? He never said anything regarding coming off the surgery or even about having a torn ACL. JDS flat out said the things he's being accused of himself. Much bigger difference there don't you agree? You know why Cain has a lot of fans, because he doesn't talk, he is humble and he didn't make excuses. This is stupid anyways though to be honest because who gives a shit. Both of these guys are fan favorites and fans will just nit-pick anything to discredit the fighter they didn't want to win. Sherdoggery at it's finest

Sorry Substance, I shouldn't have let myself get sucked into this BS..

I find the entire notion of calling guys who have accomplished so much 'excuse makers' to be ridiculous.

You don't get to be one of the best in the world at something by making excuses.

Cain made an excuse, why can't Junior?

He showed immense heart, grit and toughness riding out that loss for twenty-five minutes. If he wants to state why he wasn't at 100% so be it. He's the one that's in there fighting.

He did say he was 100% what are you talking about. He also said he was more prepaired than last time and was ready for velasquez wrestling, and also included that he had the best training camp. Like they say Nog taught him well.

the-complete-excuses-handbook-the-definitive-guide-to-avoiding-blame-and-shirking-responsibility-13743980.jpeg

Most of sherdog doesn't know what an excuse is.

Brazil's top exports are coffee and excuses.

Nothing new.

so it was ok when Cain claimed injury as a reason for his poor performance in their first fight, but now if JDS has any mitigating factors, it is just 'excuses'?

nope. no double standard here, lol

I don't like excuses at all.

But a lot of brazilians make an excuse when they lose. They do it more than anyone else, that's for sure

Sherdog heavies forum has so many bitches in it that love to find any way to shit on a fighter.

Good job, TS

It is true, Brazilians been giving excuses since I can remember (Rickson didn't know the rules when he lost in Sambo I think it was??).

People trying to compare Cain's answer to the questions about the video, to JDS coming out and saying he had this and that wrong with him on fight night are fucking ridiculous. I mean seriously Cain saying that it might not have been the best decision and that both him and JDS were injured and its in the past was an excuse? fucking lol. I am a fan of JDS, but his were definitely excuses, Cain's weren't.

The video got leaked, he was asked about it, wtf did you want him to say? Even then he didn't say something like "Yeah, you see in the video I messed up my knee, in the fight I lost a lot of movement and couldn't push the pace so that's why I lost" In fact Cain got pissed because they released that video.

Edit: The second link, is definitely an excuse, though not as bad as the list that JDS gave, but still an excuse is an excuse so I stand corrected.

Link please? He never said anything regarding coming off the surgery or even about having a torn ACL. JDS flat out said the things he's being accused of himself. Much bigger difference there don't you agree? You know why Cain has a lot of fans, because he doesn't talk, he is humble and he didn't make excuses. This is stupid anyways though to be honest because who gives a shit. Both of these guys are fan favorites and fans will just nit-pick anything to discredit the fighter they didn't want to win. Sherdoggery at it's finest

Sorry Substance, I shouldn't have let myself get sucked into this BS..

Yes, he did. He said it during the promo. He said he wasn't "himself" and kept going on about his ACL.

Every fighter makes excuses at some point. Whether or not you believe in them is one thing but why constantly stir up an argument?

Back