Television THE BOYS (Season 4 Teaser Trailer, post #3575)

If you have seen THE BOYS Season 3, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
I thought it was overall good. I hope stormfront is dead and the nazi racist storyline is over. It was getting hard to watch toward the end of the season

@Alphaboy she stabbed her right in the eye, just means they should have shot her in the eye.

Eyes are very small, moving targets. It takes a lot of training to score head shots, never mind hitting the eye. That's why soldiers, cops etc are trained to hit the centre mass of the body. It's the easiest target to hit while under extreme stress.

Eyes are very small, moving targets. It takes a lot of training to score head shots, never mind hitting the eye. That's why soldiers, cops etc are trained to hit the centre mass of the body. It's the easiest target to hit while under extreme stress.
Agreed. Red Dot sights are making head shots a lot easier, but moving targets are still the domain of center mass placement.

The wife and I are about to binge the whole season today or tomorrow.

I'm caught up finally. The finale was fun, lazy writing but fun nonetheless. I like when shows aren't always happy endings, it makes it seem more realistic.

What I liked:
- Stormfront's white genocide talk was so authentic. That's exactly how those kooks sound. Homelander's "okaaaaay" look was priceless.
tenor.gif

- Maeve calling Hughie a twink. "I'd split that shit like dry firewood!"
- Yasss! Girl power, fighting scene.
- Homelander Jr. freaking out from being around the crowd, good detail to add
- "That's a white man's luxury" line from Stan (Gus Fring)
- Becca dying - Idk, I was getting tired of the Becca storyline, I was starting to feel like she wasn't worth the stress. Lol. Although I feel bad because nothing good has happened to her since she's been raped.

What I DIDN'T like:

- I'm so FUCKIN' SICK AND FUCKIN' TIRED OF QUEEN MAEVE EX MACHINA APPEARING OUT OF NO FUCKIN WHERE TO SAVE THE FUCKIN' DAY :mad::mad::mad:
69fyg.jpg

Seriously... this is the 3rd time they did that shit with her character alone. Stop the lazy goddamn writing already!

-Yasss! Girl power, Avengers-like fighting scene

- Becca escaping suburban Alcatraz. If the show tells us that it's some air tight fortress, fine... I'll grant you that Butcher can break in and escape because he's got a particular set of skills, they've established that. I don't buy that some housewife could ninja her way out of there while an army is looking for her.

- Becca being able to stab Stormfront... So she's invulnerable to bullets but not knives?

- Mother's Milk and Becca surviving Stormfront throwing the car (let alone being able to run around right after that) is nothing short of plot armor.

- Butcher surviving Stormfront's lightning attack is plot armor of the highest degree.

- We get that Stormfront is a Nazi, please stop beating us over the head with it... The shows like "She's a bad person, right guys... hate her... Nazis are bad... right? right? Look she's with Hitler.. baaaaad."

Thoughts?

Yeah, pretty much what I thought as well.

- Brave Maeve teleported so much I thought I was watching a Game of Thrones season 8 episode for a moment.

- Vought obviously recruit their security guards from guys who washed out of the Imperial Stormtroopers' Academy. Billy breaking in, giving the finger to the camera and spending the whole night with Becca was bad enough. But at least he's ex-SAS and has a lot of training in covert infiltration etc. But Becca's a suburban housewife. A civilian. Not only was she able to escape, she was able to evade a security team at night in dense forest. You think those guys would at least be equipped with NVG's etc.

- The, "girls DO get it done" scene was so cringe, I actually think it was the writers taking the piss out of the infamous Endgame scene.

- Esposito is awesome. His scenes with Starr and Urban were among the highlights of the season for me,

Butcher, "You're a ruthless bastard"

Stan, "That's hurtful":)

- Aya Cash was fantastic as Stormfront, and dropped some of the best Truth Bombs of the season,

"You don't need fifty million people to love you. You need five million fucking pissed. Anger sells. Emotion sells. You have fans. I have soldiers".

"People like what I say. They just don't like the word, Nazi".

It's a mark of the quality of both the writing and the performances that Stormfront, and Homelander, both have moments where there is just a glimpse of what might be humanising qualities. Which of course makes the fact they are both irredeemable monsters even more disturbing.

Starr was once again the MVP, effortlessly switching from charming to sadistic and even, as he desperately tries to bond with his son, vulnerable.

There were faults. Starlight's casual acceptance of the fact that she killed a civilian felt grating. This is a girl who was the only member of the Seven who actually wanted to be a hero. But she kills a man who's only crime was trying to stop them stealing his car, then brushes it off by blaming him for not giving in. Even though the poor bastard had no reason to believe they weren't going to kill him anyway.

Hughie continues to be a whiny little bitch at times, which even the script acknowledges at the end.

The Super AOC twist felt cheap and unearned. So called, "clues" like the fact she was looking at the people who got Scannered during the hearing are bullshit. I like Supe AOC's character and what they did with her, but don't spring her on us out of the blue and then claim you left clues to her true nature.

Last edited:
Well of course, that’s with a gun also. This was just highlighting one of SFs vulnerability’s and I actually loved the scene. Made Becca just a little bit of a badass and SF wasn’t looking at her at the time. She of course views Becca as harmless as a fly so she’s not remotely expecting anything.

It seems that all the supes we have season thus far have a weakness towards something, except Homelander. Will season 3 be where we find out he is vulnerable to kryptonite?

Just finished it last weekend with the wife. Amazing second season. I enjoyed this season more because it was a nice ending that sort of closed all the mysteries while still getting you excited for what could happen next.

The homelander actor is fucking amazing in this show.

- The, "girls DO get it done" scene was so cringe, I actually think it was the writers taking the piss out of the infamous Endgame scene.

I actually laughed at the "I guess girls really do get it done" part b/c it seemed like it was done tongue in cheek. Like they were clearly make fun of it or pointing it out as a joke.

Btw, this question is for anyone. Stormfront is still alive right? She'll very likely be back in some capacity for season 3? I believe Homelander, or someone, said she was being held somewhere.

If people are liking Anthony Starr as Homelander, they really should go watch Banshee. It was mentioned a few times over these threads. I was told to watch it, because it has some over the top, brutal fight scenes and the story is faced paced. Ohh and lots of nudity.

I actually laughed at the "I guess girls really do get it done" part b/c it seemed like it was done tongue in cheek. Like they were clearly make fun of it or pointing it out as a joke.

Btw, this question is for anyone. Stormfront is still alive right? She'll very likely be back in some capacity for season 3? I believe Homelander, or someone, said she was being held somewhere.

Homelander mentioned that at the press conference at the end of the episode. It could just be spin to save their asses, because she was pretty fucked.

And the girls get it done scene was a tongue-in-cheek reference to Avengers.

If people are liking Anthony Starr as Homelander, they really should go watch Banshee. It was mentioned a few times over these threads. I was told to watch it, because it has some over the top, brutal fight scenes and the story is faced paced. Ohh and lots of nudity.
I've never heard f this but it sounds like I should check it out

Do it! The show is great. It starts off in episode one with a great story. The fights are awesomely fun and brutal. I would post one but I don't wanna spoil anything.
Yeah, it’s awesome and takes place in a fictional place very very similar to where I live and fictionally takes place close to where I live as well. Some great action scenes, love that Starr’s character is a badass who still has to overcome superior adversaries and isn’t just an unstoppable force.

Back