Television THE BOYS (Season 4 Teaser Trailer, post #3575)

If you have seen THE BOYS Season 3, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
I mentioned that MM's acting wat the best part of episode 4. He just became the third actor on the show that showed off top tier talent aside from HL and BB. The Deep's method acting was pretty good when he was talking to his gills but has yet to display really moving acting.

I wonder what's gonna become of Adam Ledeep. The writers look like they don't know what to do with him.

Liked seeing HLs decent to madness
HL and SF banging was good humor and plot progression
I feel like BN even if he isn't a clone is still Voight's killswitch for HL
Am I just now noticing SLs cleavage

Lamplighter is the guy Stormfront is talking to on the phone. He's in some kind of hospital.
Oh damn! I somehow completely missed that was him! Can't wait to see the flashback for that.

This actor should be winning awards left and right. He's flippin brilliant. And obviously very well written as well. I love him. Best character on TV/whatever you want to call it right now.

I was thinking the same thing, that actor is really good. I don't know how he slipped under the radar for so long.

Still disappointed the HL protester/ crowd scene was just a day dream. Could have been the best episode ended up up as maybe the worst other then the Kimiko scene

I was thinking the same thing, that actor is really good. I don't know how he slipped under the radar for so long.
Took me a while to work out it was the guy from Banshee, he's so different.

He's been great.

I think a lot of the actors on this show have been outstanding.

Urban is fantastic. Always is, but I think he's especially good in this. He has that intensity behind everything he does, and I completely believe it.

Aya Cash is perfect as Stormfront. I've been in love with her since she gave one of my favorite TV monologues ever in You're the Worst, and I love every second she's on in The Boys.
Gretchen: I can't say it again. I can't.
Jimmy: I just still can't understand. Can you...can you explain it to me, please?
Gretchen: I'm scraped out. I'm... that car we sent to Mars, flipped upside down so the sun can't reach my solar panels. I've always been able to flip myself back over eventually but...I ran out of times. This is how I am now. And it's not okay with you. Nor should it be.
Jimmy: Okay. Well...I suppose it's good that this happened now, instead of like... ten years down the line.
Gretchen: Yeah.
Jimmy: I'll be back in a couple of days.
Gretchen: I'll be out by the time you get back. Have fun. You deserve it. Whoever she is.

I just realized I could go on for an hour about these characters because they're all so good. All of them. Even Colby Minifie who plays Ashley Barrett (the promoted assistant in charge of Homelander) is amazing, in what in most shows would be a paper thin, two-dimensional part.

I love Frenchie and Kimiko. Again, in a lot of shows their relationship would be cliche and predictable, and I suppose that in some ways this is, but there's a poetry about it I love. It probably goes back to the scene where Frenchie describes that beautifully imperfect woman with the dirty fingernails he couldn't forget and the reveal is that she was the first person he killed... He's an excellent character and Tomer Capon is killing it in the role, which is written so very well.

And nobody mentioned Laz Alonso's (Mother's Milk) story about ice cream with his father. I loved that scene and it really brought his character home for me.
Very well written, I'm not going to even remotely do it justice in response, I'm still half asleep.
I like that Urban is so very over the top, but still you lap up his every word because it's still believable.

Didn't know the writer did Supernatural, one of only two CW shows I could stand...must have been cool to write something more adult.

I'm not really vibing with season 2. Seems like a far drop off from the first season. The plot points aren't bad, but they're not doing a great job of telling all the different stories. I'm hoping it gets better.

The whole homelander
letting Starlight live reminded me of Cersei not killing Tyrion when she had the chance. It seemed out of character. He killed people for far less. She survived for us, the audience.

Back