Television THE BOOK OF BOBA FETT (Dec. 29 Release Date)

Boba talks too much in this show, and rarely does he sound threatening; a key feature of fett.

I thought his lines and delivery here were badass and consistent with the Fett we knew - he's way more intimidating with his helmet on:

Same with Din. He gave up a lot of mystery when he took his helmet off - his helmetless scenes were the opposite of intimidating. I've been disappointed with BOBF so far, but on balance it's hard if not impossible to do "mysterious badass" if that guy is continuously shown on screen.

But they've also transitioned Boba's character from rogue anti-hero to hero. It's implied this happened during his time with the Tuskens and that backstory is more compelling than the woke adventures of bungling bullshit he's doing in the present.

Last edited:
I thought his lines and delivery here were badass and consistent with the Fett we knew - he's way more intimidating with his helmet on:

Same with Din. He gave up a lot of mystery when he took his helmet off - his helmetless scenes were the opposite of intimidating. I've been disappointed with BOBF so far, but on balance it's hard if not impossible to do "mysterious badass" if that guy is continuously shown on screen.

But they've also transitioned Boba's character from rogue anti-hero to hero. It's alluded this happened during his time with the Tuskens and that backstory is far more compelling than the woke adventures of bungling bullshit that he's doing in the present.

That scene is good, but thr rest is very meh

I always found that even if Boba said good mornimg to you, it sounded like he was really saying "im goimg to kill you after breakfast". Look at empire when he tells the storm troopers to put captain solo in the cargo hold. Its as if he is saying you're all dead.

He just had a grizzled and grim attitude with his speech, like every word was a threat. With the helmet on, they should have synethized it like in the original trilogy to sound more menacing.

Agree with the comments about the Power Rangers. They just didn't fit in with an otherwise grim, muted world.

I like the Gamorians, but someone give them their battle axes rather than those puny little knives.

That scene is good, but thr rest is very meh

I always found that even if Boba said good mornimg to you, it sounded like he was really saying "im goimg to kill you after breakfast". Look at empire when he tells the storm troopers to put captain solo in the cargo hold. Its as if he is saying you're all dead.

He just had a grizzled and grim attitude with his speech, like every word was a threat. With the helmet on, they should have synethized it like in the original trilogy to sound more menacing.

That was his old persona but they're trying to show evolution into the present day. They did the same character arc with Din - he went from stone cold hardass to old softie and progressively taking off his helmet was a metaphor for having his heart melted by his little green friend. That plot device worked really really well. In BOBF they're trying to spin that he's a born again good guy from his rebirth through the Sarlacc Pit and subsequent trials with his adopted Tusken family.

That was his old persona but they're trying to show evolution into the present day. They did the same character arc with Din - he went from stone cold hardass to old softie and progressively taking off his helmet was a metaphor for having his heart melted by his little green friend. That plot device worked really really well. In BOBF they're trying to spin that he's a born again good guy from his rebirth through the Sarlacc Pit and subsequent trials with his adopted Tusken family.

Yep, not a fan of it much.

Well, I finally got around to watching it, and I love it. Call me a mark for Favreau or whatever but I dig this show big time.

So far Book of Boba Fett is so much shittier than Mandalorian, it's got to have KK's shit fingerprints all over it.

sand people = native Americans

tattooine = United States of America

have no fear, Bob is here

Reactions: lsa
The power rangers cyber punks would’ve worked better on a planet like Coruscant or Nar Shaddaa. They have no place on Tatooine

This show is all over the place and there isn’t one good character on it. Even if you love boba Fett name 1 more interesting character? There isn’t one. The writing is very amateurish and the show isn’t dark or gritty enough for an underworld style Star Wars tale.

I didn’t particularly like the studio executives kids playing power rangers in Star Wars either but I didn’t think it ruined the episode. The story for me is clear and engaging, although it’s off a bit in key places: it’s still a good enough time for me to get into.

The power rangers cyber punks would’ve worked better on a planet like Coruscant or Nar Shaddaa. They have no place on Tatooine

This show is all over the place and there isn’t one good character on it. Even if you love boba Fett name 1 more interesting character? There isn’t one. The writing is very amateurish and the show isn’t dark or gritty enough for an underworld style Star Wars tale.

Agree with everything but saying there's "not one good character" is a bit harsh. The "Tusken Warrior" ninja chick is really interesting despite not saying a word - she's kind of like Snake Eyes from GI Joe. But other than her, yeah it's slim pickings. By contrast, Mandalorian had interesting and compelling supporting characters in every episode: Werner Herzog as "the Client," Kuiil, IG-11 (both versions), the Armorer, Greef Karga and that's just from the first 3 episodes of season 1.

Hoping for a turnaround in the next episode but so far this series falls short of the Mandalorian by a long shot. Maybe Fennec Shand betrays Boba like Pachanga did to Carlito in Carlito's Way? So far she's just a boring, one-dimensional lackey.

Agree with everything but saying there's "not one good character" is a bit harsh. The "Tusken Warrior" ninja chick is really interesting despite not saying a word - she's kind of like Snake Eyes from GI Joe. But other than her, yeah it's slim pickings. By contrast, Mandalorian had interesting and compelling supporting characters in every episode: Werner Herzog as "the Client," Kuiil, IG-11 (both versions), the Armorer, Greef Karga and that's just from the first 3 episodes of season 1.

Hoping for a turnaround in the next episode but so far this series falls short of the Mandalorian by a long shot. Maybe Fennec Shand betrays Boba like Pachanga did to Carlito in Carlito's Way? So far she's just a boring, one-dimensional lackey.

I liked the huge black Wookie. I hope he kills all of Fetts power rangers and becomes Fetts main rival. If you had him and Werner Herzogs clone that would be super

2nd and 4th episode were good, not great. 1st and 3rd stank, both were directed by Robert Rodriguez. He should never be allowed to direct an episode again IMO.

Funny watching Santy getting his drink on and eye balling the Trandoshans, Wookies are mean drunks

Can't wait to see who Fennec has in mind to recruit for this fight against the Pykes too

Also, Filoni is directing episode 6, are we gonna see Cad Bane?

I'm starting to really hate this show.

What was with the music during the cyborg surgery scene? So bad. So not Star Wars.

When does the planet get its water back?

That's what we're are moving towards right?

I mean the bad guys are fish for crying out loud.

Back