1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Television THE BOOK OF BOBA FETT (Official Trailer Released; Dec. 29 Release Date)

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by Dragonlordxxxxx, Dec 21, 2020.

1. GSP_37 Titanium Belt

I really hope tonight's episode has some good shit that ties it to Mando S3 and Ahsoka's show.

2. JadeOwl Brown Belt

Dude, I think you're getting her mixed up with Tony Bennett's daughter who is 52 and also named Joanna.

Looking up her Instagram, Joanna the stuntwoman was apparently a kid in the late 90s, so she's probably around my age (39) or a little younger.

ChickenBrother likes this.
  3. ChickenBrother JCPENNEY $3.98 BELT

I think you're right. The birthdate listed for "Joanna Bennett" is for Tony Bennett's daughter who is 52. Stuntwoman Joanna doesn't have her birthdate listed anywhere but according to her stuntwoman webpage, she was a HS national level gymnast in 2005 and then college gymnastics scholarship until 2009, which would make her mid 30's now.

https://www.istunt.com/joanna-bennett

4. milliniar Who needs a belt?

That speeder "chase" lacked any sense of speed, and filled with crap effects.

Morning Star, Grevor and Batjester like this.
  5. Batjester Thanos is right.

Episode 3 kinda sucked.

I get what they are going for, but the execution just isn't there.

And what in the blue fuck is with a "tame" Rancor???

ChickenBrother and milliniar like this.
  6. SSgt Dickweed Silver Belt

If this show's purpose is to make Mandalorians look less menacing and competent than they are supposed to be, then it's doing a real good job of that.

If Din was in this situation, he would have mopped the floor with all these galactic cans.

Boba is a can. Mike Perry Chewbacca is a can. Power Ranger hoverboard emo click are cans. Tusken Raiders are cans. Why is Danny Trejo in this episode?

They really had to end the chase scene with a Biff Tannen style manure crash, right? This series is such a letdown compared to Din's series.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2022 at 10:00 AM
    Rob Battisti and ChickenBrother like this.
  7. mesanch86 Green Belt

Can’t this show seriously anymore if the power ranger crew are gonna be regulars

8. Ichibanner Brown Belt

I've seen the first two episodes.

Episode 1: Boba surviving the pit was cool. Acting like a bitch that needed medical care the rest of the time wasn't. It made me painfully aware of the actor behind the mask. Not a great start.

Episode 2: Picked things up a bit. Boba seems to grow a pair and be less of a bitch. Still painfully aware of the actor behind the mask. Liked the sinister looking Wookie and the Hut twins weren't bad.

I hope the 3rd installment continues to move along and that the "Most feared bounty hunter" gets his mojo back.

9. Lovestorm New Game + Belt Platinum Member

That episode fucking sucked.

10. SHIB Hand Luke Shit-Coin Master Pink

that was not good at all

11. GSP_37 Titanium Belt

Ep 3 not so good. Nice to see the mildly attractive girl from Yellowjackets.
    Power Rangers moped cyborg gang, kinda lame. Black Krrsantan can get into the palace no problem and could have killed his target easily, but wakes him up first.

These Book of Boba gamorreans are nowhere as impressive as the fatter ones in ROTJ with the furry outfits.

What the show is missing is a cute little baby alien. Do they think people will buy xmas toys of baby rancors?

None of the first 3 eps so far were impressive or cool. The best things are Krrsantan, telling two stories, flashback and current, at the same time at least.

So he can have his own Star Wars action figure and pave the way for Antonio Banderas and Salma Hayek to enter Star Wars.

12. milliniar Who needs a belt?

I was watching this morning and she walks in during the chase and first thing she says is they don't look like they belong in star wars. I said well they look like the don't belong on Tatooine, maybe they could've worked in a big metropolis style world.

13. milliniar Who needs a belt?

One of the gamorreans is Frank Trigg btw.

KnightTemplar likes this.
  14. GSP_37 Titanium Belt

I thought maybe Krrsantan would RNC him.

15. deviake NightwingBJJ

The kids don't look like they belong on Tatooine. They could've worked on a different planet but not here, that instantly took me out of it. The fight scene with Black Krrsantan was very, very, bad. He's paid to kill not to throw around, this isn't Terminator Salvation. It would've been "neck break" or "blaster to the head" and done. A proper fight would've taken more time in the writing room but it would've been time well spent. I can roll with the first two episodes but this one dropped the ball. I can work with Boba being more good natured but that needs to be balanced with being ruthless and clever as well.

He's growing into his role, it wouldn't make sense if he was immediately good at being Daimyo. He'd have no character arc. That said, they need to remember that Boba is cunning and ruthless and the choreography needs drastic improvement.

ChickenBrother and Morning Star like this.
  16. SHIB Hand Luke Shit-Coin Master Pink

ahem

17. Thrawn33 JUST BLEED Belt

The chase scene was bad....

I want to love this series, but needs more....

18. Magooglie Steel Belt

Boba's new gang feels really off. It's like they transported people from the AOTC bar scene into Tatooine. So they looked like dweebs and people Boba could mop the floor with. And then they made them all of a sudden badass when they held off Krrsantan. They also should have explained why Krrsantan wanted to fist fight Boba instead of just shooting him in the head with his Chewie blaster. The deaths of the Tuskens also felt like a footnote, I guess Boba will ultimately get revenge, and I hope it wasn't the entire clan that was killed.

ChickenBrother, deviake and milliniar like this.
  19. deviake NightwingBJJ

Realistically (I know, but for Star Wars and these characters) Krrsantan would've immediately killed or severely injured everyone he laid hands on and he would've had a blaster. No normal humanoid is hand fighting a wookie, especially not the Gigantor of wookies.

I'm guessing it's hard to write out a cool fight scene with Krrsantan cuz he is so dangerous so they went the lazy route but you can't nerf wookies for plot convenience.

20. Protectandserve Red Belt

This episode was a miss for me.

They spent all that time with the Tuskens then just boom gone.

The vespa gang absolutely doesn't fit. Should have made them more grungy, rough or shit even steampunk and on Swoops not fucking shiny mulit color Vespa looking things.

The chase definitely sucked. Even when compared to the OG chase on Endor or even the chase from Attack of the Clones.

And yeah the wookie fight was trash.