Rumored The Blessed one wants in on UFC 241

Imagine this

Stipe vs DC 2
Holloway vs Aldo/Vokanovski
Colby vs Usman

<{Joewithit}>
UFC 240 still needs a main event. Probably Usman vs Covington.

Holloway vs Edgar would be a great co-main event for either 240 or 241. If Volkanovski beats Aldo then that needs to happen in Australia under Whittaker vs Adesanya. Zabit vs Holloway would be great in Abu Dhabi as well.

Join date checks out, it's really quite simple theres 11 champions (12 championships), champions will traditionally fight around every 6-8 months, hence booking 3 in one night is very rarely feasible. I don't get how people fail to grasp this.
Here's another theory. Someone else is expressing interest in something they would love to see, from a pleasure standpoint, and does not actually have much difficulty with arithmetic, logic, or mathematical logic during the work week...

Yeah but my response was to a guy suggesting that every card should have it, it’s fine every once in a while but if every card had it we wouldn’t appreciate it
Word, agreed.
Nah.max v volk in Aus co main with Rob and Israel. Breaks all UFC gate records. Would sell out within a day in a stadium holding 50+ thousand fans. Plus with Whittaker bad run of luck in Aus probably a wise idea to have another title fight on the card.

Provided volk gets past aldo of course .
That's true, forgot all about the Aussie. Guess we're waiting on 237 for some clarity.
Luque has already been booked against Magny in some fight night card but the rest of the fights sound great.
Forgot all about that, bigger push in the rankings for him too. Mush deserved imo. WW is such a shark tank, it's hard to move up multiple slots rn.
I can’t wait for you to fall down stairs
Seconded
Max, maybe taking time off and letting the brain scramble back in place would be a good thing?
Felt the same as a fan, but the dudes itching for a fight, probably wants to get the bad taste out of his mouth asap.
What happened to UFC 240?
No idea man, this is by no means official though, just Max talking to his fans. Who knows if he's feeling well, he may end up there.

Not interested in Holloway/Aldo III but Holloway/Volkanovski sounds appealing if Volk can get past Aldo (which I thin he will.) Edgar doesn't deserve a title shot coming off one victory. He got KTFO just two fights ago.

Those choices both suck. Have no idea what Edgar is trying to accomplish at this point. Should prob just retire.

Max Aldo is lame AF.

Might as well feed BJ Penn to Max for all his asshole behavior. Would like to forget about that guy ASAP. This would help.

Jesús Christo
58779072_2359238754115543_3981183887366684672_n.jpg

Could you really deny Aldo if he beats Volk tho?

Are you fucking kidding me? The guy lost twice to Max. And quite easily, considering. Aldo stated he doesn’t want to fught for the belt. Aldo stated he has two fights left. That obviously means one after Volkanovski. And wants to fight in Brazil.

So if he beats Volkanovski...

You want the champion that beat him twice to agree to defend in Brazil. In what will be Aldo’s last fight? When does the UFC offer TS to fighters when all indications are it will be the fighter’s last fight?

Well they gave one to Hendo but fucked GSP. Who knows why the UFC does what it does? My theory is they knew Hendo would lose to Bisping, and know GSP would beat Khabib.

But Aldo just had a free title rematch, due to injury. He didn’t get it against McGregor, but he certainly ended up getting one with Max. And the proximity of time since those fights is way too recent to even contemplate a third fight in such a short period.

If Max hadn’t lost to Poirier this concept would be ridiculed for how assinine it really is. Leave the name out of it. Leave the legacy out of it. They simply can’t give Aldo a TS if he wins.

Holloway was an overrated manlet crusher who was finally exposed by a guy that isn't a washed-up pushover

Even current past-his-prime Conor destroys him again with hilarious ease

Of the options I only want to see Max versus Edgar or Volkanovski. He just has Aldo's number, no point in seeing a 3rd fight there.

It would make sense if he wants to get the Edgar fight. Aldo/Volkanovski winner likely won't be ready for a 3 month turnaround, as I expect that fight to be a war.

I also expect Ali to push for Max/Edgar in Abu Dhabi, & he gets his way 99 times out of 100.

Are you fucking kidding me? The guy lost twice to Max. And quite easily, considering. Aldo stated he doesn’t want to fught for the belt. Aldo stated he has two fights left. That obviously means one after Volkanovski. And wants to fight in Brazil.

So if he beats Volkanovski...

You want the champion that beat him twice to agree to defend in Brazil. In what will be Aldo’s last fight? When does the UFC offer TS to fighters when all indications are it will be the fighter’s last fight?

Well they gave one to Hendo but fucked GSP. Who knows why the UFC does what it does? My theory is they knew Hendo would lose to Bisping, and know GSP would beat Khabib.

But Aldo just had a free title rematch, due to injury. He didn’t get it against McGregor, but he certainly ended up getting one with Max. And the proximity of time since those fights is way too recent to even contemplate a third fight in such a short period.

If Max hadn’t lost to Poirier this concept would be ridiculed for how assinine it really is. Leave the name out of it. Leave the legacy out of it. They simply can’t give Aldo a TS if he wins.
We get it, no one is arguing any of this. I'm not asking for this fight, merely playing devils advocate. The fight I'm most interested in is Volkanovski. It's not even a popular fight(Aldo). My question was can you deny Aldo with a win over Volk? Especially a finish. Who said anything about defending in Brazil? And actually his team is actively campaigning for a title shot.

Chill man.
Of the options I only want to see Max versus Edgar or Volkanovski. He just has Aldo's number, no point in seeing a 3rd fight there.
Agreed, Volk preferably. I just don't know how you deny Aldo with a finish over Volk. Big if though, hope Volk pulls it off.
It would make sense if he wants to get the Edgar fight. Aldo/Volkanovski winner likely won't be ready for a 3 month turnaround, as I expect that fight to be a war.

I also expect Ali to push for Max/Edgar in Abu Dhabi, & he gets his way 99 times out of 100.
My thoughts exactly, either guy coming out of that fight won't be ready for August. Frankie is the rightful contender at that point.

I'd love to see Aldo get another shot if he wins his next fight

Imagine this

Stipe vs DC 2
Holloway vs Aldo/Vokanovski
Colby vs Usman

<{Joewithit}>
Why in God's name would you want Holloway vs Aldo to be a possibility?
I don't think there's a single same person on the planet who wants that again.

We get it, no one is arguing any of this. I'm not asking for this fight, merely playing devils advocate. The fight I'm most interested in is Volkanovski. It's not even a popular fight(Aldo). My question was can you deny Aldo with a win over Volk? Especially a finish don. Who said anything about defending in Brazil? And actually his team is actively campaigning for a title shot.

Chill man.

Agreed, Volk preferably. I just don't know how you deny Aldo with a finish over Volk. Big if though, hope Volk pulls it off.

My thoughts exactly, either guy coming out of that fight won't be ready for August. Frankie is the rightful contender at that point.

I don't deny it. If Aldo wins and by finish, you'd think it would have to be him. I just don't want to see that one again, that's all.

We get it, no one is arguing any of this. I'm not asking for this fight, merely playing devils advocate. The fight I'm most interested in is Volkanovski. It's not even a popular fight(Aldo). My question was can you deny Aldo with a win over Volk? Especially a finish. Who said anything about defending in Brazil? And actually his team is actively campaigning for a title shot.

Chill man.

Personally, I'd love to see Frankie get a shot at Max. I love both fighters, but I think Frankie would have a real shot at being a champion again against Max.

Why in God's name would you want Holloway vs Aldo to be a possibility?
I don't think there's a single same person on the planet who wants that again.
Check out the discussion in the thread man. No one really wants the fight. The real question is can Aldo be denied at that point?
I don't deny it. If Aldo wins and by finish, you'd think it would have to be him. I just don't want to see that one again, that's all.

Personally, I'd love to see Frankie get a shot at Max. I love both fighters, but I think Frankie would have a real shot at being a champion again against Max.
Totally agree man. I personally wouldn't mind seeing it again, but would much rather see Max against Frankie or Volk.

Check out the discussion in the thread man. No one really wants the fight. The real question is can Aldo be denied at that point?

Totally agree man. I personally wouldn't mind seeing it again, but would much rather see Max against Frankie or Volk.
He might deserve it, but they shouldn't give it to him while Max is champ.
If he wants one last Title Shot he needs to go up to 155.
In no scenario should he fight Max again.

Back