Imagine this
Colby vs Usman

<{Joewithit}>

Two wrestlers? Can't wait!

200.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

After two stoppage losses to the current champ in his past four fights, a third shouldn't really be on the agenda imo. It's like the DJ - Benavidez situation was at 125.
Yeah it sorta is, except Aldo is finishing violently and has a history as the greatest FW ever. That said, I understand where everyone's coming from.
wish they wouldnt staack a card too deep and make one of these shallow fight nights actually decent
That's pretty backwards imo. UFC needs to get better at scouting talent me thinks. You don't need name value to put on good fights, just skilled fighters. PPV's need the names to sell, now moreso than ever due to the ESPN+ thing.

Last edited:
aldo wont get a title shot unless he signs a new contract - unlikely right now unless they promise him title shot and a shit ton of money that hes satisfied with - again, hes not a huge draw so idk how contract negotiations would go

aldo wont get a title shot unless he signs a new contract - unlikely right now unless they promise him title shot and a shit ton of money that hes satisfied with - again, hes not a huge draw so idk how contract negotiations would go
That makes a lot more sense than just denying Aldo for losing to Max twice. Much more up the UFC's alley at least. Well damn. Looking like Frankie or Volk if he wins. August should be enough time after 237, no? Unless Aldo hurts him.

I really don't care either way, all three are fun fights for Max imo. Even the trilogy nobody wants. The other 2 fights where still fun, regardless of how one sided.

That makes a lot more sense than just denying Aldo for losing to Max twice. Much more up the UFC's alley at least. Well damn. Looking like Frankie or Volk if he wins. August should be enough time after 237, no? Unless Aldo hurts him.

I really don't care either way, all three are fun fights for Max imo. Even the trilogy nobody wants. The other 2 fights where still fun, regardless of how one sided.
aldo fighting the top guys and knocking them off makes no sense for that reason - but i guess he didnt get the fights offered that he wanted to move up to 155 - probably a conor rematch or maybe another top guy.

if he beats volkanovski i have no clue whats next - a fight vs pettis at 155 probably caps off his ufc career the best assuming he is done with ufc after that fight. i doubt he gets the conor fight, and no other fights at 145 are there for him if he beats volkanovski. unless he fights ortega/zabit and knocks ANOTHER contender off

I mean you're right, but they've done it before, and very recently. If anything though, the international fight week card would get the rub.
Yeah but my response was to a guy suggesting that every card should have it, it’s fine every once in a while but if every card had it we wouldn’t appreciate it

Dude is gonna be the next bad example of CTE effects if he keeps going like this

Nah.max v volk in Aus co main with Rob and Israel. Breaks all UFC gate records. Would sell out within a day in a stadium holding 50+ thousand fans. Plus with Whittaker bad run of luck in Aus probably a wise idea to have another title fight on the card.

Provided volk gets past aldo of course .

Last edited:
If Volk beats Aldo put Holloway v Volk on the Aussie card.
If Also wins do Holloway vs Edgar on 241 or Ali could use his Middle Eastern connections to get Frankie on the Abu Dhabi card.

I'll post it on here once it's over, but Max is live on IG right now, and stated multiple times that "Anaheim is looking nice". Sounds like a pretty dope PPV to me:

HW Championship: Daniel Cormier(C) x Stipe Miocic ll
FW Championship: Max Holloway(C) x Frankie Edgar or Volkanovski/Aldo winner

How would you round out the rest of the card? Seems pretty solid with those two fights, so I don't really expect the UFC to stack this too much. Discuss.

Edit: I want to see something like this

UFC 241: Honda Center, Anaheim, CA
Daniel Cormier(C) x Stipe Miocic ll
Max Holloway(C) x Frankie Edgar - Aldo/Volkanovski
Brian Ortega x Zabit Magomedsharipov
Vicente Luque x Elizeu Dos Santos
Uriah Hall x Derron Winn
Luque has already been booked against Magny in some fight night card but the rest of the fights sound great.

Aldo will drop him now. Going up and down isn’t good for your body. He took a lot of punishment vs dustin

Holloway vs Edgar / Volkanovski if he beats Aldo or Zabeast if Frankie wont accept fight and Aldo beats Volkanovski. Nobody wants to see Holloway vs Aldo 3.

Holloway vs Edgar would be a fun matchup.

Don't want Holloway vs Aldo 3 at all, and Aldo is retiring very soon so it makes it even more pointless

Max, maybe taking time off and letting the brain scramble back in place would be a good thing?

Aldo has done well in both losses and went out on his shield. I thought he gassed in the 2nd fight. I believe he took rounds in both fights so anything can happen.

That said. 145 has a boat load of guys knocking on the door.

Probably in case one of the main event pulls out <{JustBleed}>

Ortega would be a nice win for ol Zabit.

Back