Movies The Black Phone

Meh. Can never beat The Blair Witch Project. That shit was real.

I watched this a week or two ago. I thought it was good. I'm not a huge horror movie fan either. I like the late 70's/early 80's time period it is set in. I think me being born in 1980 makes me a sucker for movies and shows that throwback to the time period from when I was a kid.

I thought it was good and know it’s just a movie but
how the hell did the grabber get in his van so fast when he chased fin down? Dude was in his van pulling out in like 2 seconds

Really liked this movie. Reminded me of summer of 84. That's a great indie horror movie set in, yup, 1984, that you would prob like if you liked black phone.

Loved the setting in black phone. The time period felt very authentic. Great acting, especially the girl. Liked the badass beamer kid. Ethan Hawley didn't say much but he was pretty menacing and did a great job.

I kind of liked them not using jump scares or over the top violence. It left more to the imagination. I found it tense and emotionally involving. Acting out how to hit someone with a phone made me laugh though. Back, forward, back, forward, raise up phone, swing. Again.

One of the better recent triller movies. Wish they'd make more like this. As someone that lost faith in most newer movies I'm happy I took the chance to watch this.

Check out Summer of 84 y'all!

BTW. Black phone is now free on Prime

Really liked this movie. Reminded me of summer of 84. That's a great indie horror movie set in, yup, 1984, that you would prob like if you liked black phone.

Loved the setting in black phone. The time period felt very authentic. Great acting, especially the girl. Liked the badass beamer kid. Ethan Hawley didn't say much but he was pretty menacing and did a great job.

I kind of liked them not using jump scares or over the top violence. It left more to the imagination. I found it tense and emotionally involving. Acting out how to hit someone with a phone made me laugh though. Back, forward, back, forward, raise up phone, swing. Again.

One of the better recent triller movies. Wish they'd make more like this. As someone that lost faith in most newer movies I'm happy I took the chance to watch this.

Check out Summer of 84 y'all!

BTW. Black phone is now free on Prime

I liked the setting and tone way more than I liked the film, unfortunately. The film did little for me but I really liked the 'look' of it.

Spoiler:

How did Ziggy Sobotka live in the same house as his brother and never notice him bringing 6 abducted boys into the home?

Also if I was Finney I would’ve stabbed The Grabber in the neck before unlocking the lock.

Spoiler:

How did Ziggy Sobotka live in the same house as his brother and never notice him bringing 6 abducted boys into the home?

Also if I was Finney I would’ve stabbed The Grabber in the neck before unlocking the lock.
He was visiting his brother lol

He was visiting his brother lol

I heard him say that but it appeared he had been there for awhile so at least he should’ve been there when Finney was brought back if not Bruce and Robin too.

I heard him say that but it appeared he had been there for awhile so at least he should’ve been there when Finney was brought back if not Bruce and Robin too.
I don't know it's probably a plot hole. I need to rewatch movie again lol

Spoiler:

Wasn’t a second house? The houses were right across from one another.

Wasn’t a second house? The houses were right across from one another.

The second house is just where he was hiding the buried bodies. The house where Max was staying was where he took them when they were still alive.

Its ok. Wasn't really scary to me. Looking forward to evil dead rise.

Back