Movies The Black Phone

I just got done watching it, right off the bat I admit I did myself a disservice by not watching this in a dark theater, this movie definitely deserves the full theater expperience to draw you in and give you some scares
Still though, I thought it was pretty good, although the ending coulda been a little better
Loved the setting and the creepy atmosphere, there's something evil about the 70's and I like when movies show us that dark side laying just underneath the innocence
There were some extremely tense and anxiety filled moments in there that had me an emotional wreck which I very much enjoyed
The villain was interesting and scary and they did a good job of making you feel for the brother and sister right from the beginning, especially that poor little girl
The phone storyline was good but it woulda been better if it was more mysterious
Don't wanna give away the ending so I'll just say the tone didn't match the rest of the movie, I get what they did and appreciate how they built to it, just a little too Hollywoodish for my tastes
All in all, a pretty enjoyable movie, I see why it has so much hype around it
5.7 Thumbs Up Outta 7

Last edited:
6.5/10

movie could've completely omitted sibling or phone and it would've been totally inconsequential. Could've been a 45 minute TV movie.

Fairly monumental let down for me considering the amount of largely positive reviews.

This shit sucked. Very disappointed since the trailers looked good.

6.5/10

movie could've completely omitted sibling or phone and it would've been totally inconsequential. Could've been a 45 minute TV movie.

Fairly monumental let down for me considering the amount of largely positive reviews.

Thats not true at all, without the phone you never get to the ending

How the fuck did it end? I have no memory of it

The ghost on the phone told Finny to load up the phone with dirt so he could beat up The Grabber
The coke head guy figured out his brother was The Grabber so The Grabber killed him with an axe and then Finny killed The Grabber by making him trip into the hole he dug earlier in the movie and then beating and choking him with the phone
The sister led the cops to the house where all the bodies were buried which was right across the street from the house with the dungeon

The ghost on the phone told Finny to load up the phone with dirt so he could beat up The Grabber
The coke head guy figured out his brother was The Grabber so The Grabber killed him with an axe and then Finny killed The Grabber by making him trip into the hole he dug earlier in the movie and then beating and choking him with the phone
The sister led the cops to the house where all the bodies were buried which was right across the street from the house with the dungeon
Oh yeah thanks, I think it's better that I forgot the final act

That preview didn't do much for me but I'll check it out if people say it's good

Right now i want to see X,the cursed, and Nope
as far as horror movies go.

Imo, this was better than those. It is more of a thriller than it is a horror though.

keOmJXc.jpg

Was totally expecting to see this pic
100% what I expected in op

20 minutes in I'd be playing on my phone . That movie look boring

I watched it last night and really enjoyed it. It's not the best horror film but it does enough right to be creepy and keep you interested.

I heard the trailer spoils everything about the movie

Back