Media The Black Beast has a touching farewell message for Overeem

Lewis would kill the current version of the reem with a blindfold on and one hand behind his back. Maybe 10 years ago and pre usada overeem would have dominated him, but nowadays... jeebus

Post-USADA Overeem has knocked out Hunt and JDS. Not sure why you think Beast (whose last name I can never even recall) is head and shoulders superior to him.

tenor.gif
lol In living Color.

He's definitely been winning more than losing. It was just a bad night.

Not sold on Lewis over all. The whole thing with Volkov and handily losing until a god send punch that wins him the fight in the final few seconds, insane comeback after almost being finished vs. Browne, snooze vs. Ngannou, etc.

He has heart and a big right hand, so it's 2 good attributes and not just 1.

That said, I think the JDS and DC matches were much more telling. He still lacks in diversity and cardio and his weaknesses are places where Reem stands out in.

The match had a good build up and it was pretty much taken from us.

DFW really should have let him fight out his contract and made BB Reem next.
Mostly agreed. The Reem is an all time legend and deserved a good farewell fight. More than Reem we fight fans deserved better.

Post-USADA Overeem has knocked out Hunt and JDS. Not sure why you think Beast (whose last name I can never even recall) is head and shoulders superior to him.
Lewis has an iron chin and is very good at getting back to his feet if he gets taken down. He also hits like a... black beast :D
Overeem has to much mileage on him at this point in time to beat him. Also knocking out jds is not some mythical feat, his chin was destroyed in the cain trilogy. The hunt win is better but hunt wasnt exactly at his athletic peak in that fight. Those fights also took place in 15/17, we are in 2021 now sherbro.
Im a big overeem fan but even our heroes gets old and shopworn.

I dunno, but I think fighting guys like Bobby Hoffman when he was a skinny 19 year old and Bobby was a juiced up 280lbs really wasn't good for his chin in the long run. I hope he retires.

Lewis has an iron chin and is very good at getting back to his feet if he gets taken down. He also hits like a... black beast :D
Overeem has to much mileage on him at this point in time to beat him. Also knocking out jds is not some mythical feat, his chin was destroyed in the cain trilogy. The hunt win is better but hunt wasnt exactly at his athletic peak in that fight. Those fights also took place in 15/17, we are in 2021 now sherbro.
Im a big overeem fan but even our heroes gets old and shopworn.

Overeem is definitely not on the level he stood upon when he crushed Lesnar, but my point is that he still has skills and abilities to defeat many guys that have or would wreck Lewis, more often than not.

I'm also somewhat generalizing their abilities over the past decade. I suppose I have to agree that today, in 2021, Overeem is going to be a punching bag for many of the top fighters.

Pretty weak to send this only after Overeem was let go.

To be fair Overeem won a shit load of fights under USADA. Way more than a ton of other likely dirty fighters who get a pass.

Say's the guy who tucked him penis in and had a staring contest with Francis - at least Uber-reem tried to fight with Francis.
He briefly died again Ngannou while Lewis got the W over Ngannou.

Not a great argument... lol

I have a feeling ubereem will be making a comeback very soon.

Lmao what a clown.

In 10 years from now Reem will be in the UFC HoF and Lewis will just be another name on some up and comers W column.

Reem would also beat Lewis if we're being honest. Lewis is an abysmal fighter from a technical standpoint, and those lucky bombs can only get you so far.

He isn't wrong.

This pic never ceases to make me laugh:

AJsjzfG.jpg
Not really. Even with USADA Reem was always a strong contender and ended up fighting for the title, his career wasn't really derailed at all.

Back