The biggest problem with Conor's 'bad camp' excuse

johncola

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
People talk about whether or not Conor is talking shit about the bad camp for the Khabib fight. Did he really have a bad foot? Was he really uncommitted to training? They're valid questions but I think there's a bigger one...

Conor claims to be an "any time, any place" fighter. In the past he's said he would fight every week were the UFC to allow it, and just line up his opponents. Well if that's the case, then having a bad camp shouldn't be such an issue, should it?

I feel like we're obsessing too much about this issue.

Good camp, bad camp. He got his ass beat.

Is this forum retarded? He says a bunch of bs to promote and stir shit. He will spin it anyway he can to line up another big fight. This is sports entertainment.

We had Chael literally losing title fights and then went on to carry around a belt saying he was infact the champ. It's called promoting.

He said he'd fight every week
Didn't say he'd win or be at his best

One doesn't cancel the other out

"I'd fight every week and win every week"
If he had said something like this you'd have a thread

Camp was shit and foot was a balloon
Issa known fact

By the way, "anytime, anywhere" means that that he'll fight anyway.

It doesn't mean he can't have a bad camp.

just because hes willing doesnt mean its the best version of him

i feel like a dumbass for explaining this obvious fact in a troll thread but its already typed so i might as well

That’s his own fault if he did all that. And there’s only one way to prove that the bad camp was an issue. Rematch with Khabib and do better

Why are people shocked that he's making shit up? He says he's "humble in defeat" but he always has a ready made excuse.

He said he'd fight every week
Didn't say he'd win
think he had winning in mind though. were a reporter to follow up his statements with the question of "and would you win every week?" he'd say yes.

Is this forum retarded? He says a bunch of bs to promote and stir shit. He will spin it anyway he can to line up another big fight. This is sports entertainment.

We had Chael literally losing title fights and then went on to carry around a belt saying he was infact the champ. It's called promoting.
And then tony, and the gas and then colby.

My point is you are correct sir.

He could've had the best camp of his life I still dont think it would help vs khabib

By the way, "anytime, anywhere" means that that he'll fight anyway.

It doesn't mean he can't have a bad camp.
My point is that he wouldn't be having any camp at all for weekly fights. So how bad can a bad camp really be?

Why are people shocked that he's making shit up? He says he's "humble in defeat" but he always has a ready made excuse.
Neither retarded nor shocked. Conor does believe a lot of the stuff he says. And I think this is one of those things. My OP explains how it's bullshit.

Conrat had an amazing camp and was fully committed and motivated for the Nate rematch. Then he barely scraped by Nate in the rematch, literally running away from him gasping for oxygen, that's how he did against gatekeeper Nate at his very best and til this very day he claims he was fully motivated for that fight so.... Conrat fans are stuck between a rock and a hard place, Conrat didn't do his fans any favours.

My point is that he wouldn't be having any camp at all for weekly fights. So how bad can a bad camp really be?

Bad camps can actually be worse than no camp.

Anyway, it's all moot because Conor is a promoter and that's what he did.

Well you try bleeding drinking all day and phoning lads from Dagestan down to the lobby for fights to prepare. Let’s see you try this mate.

Back