The big issue of our time: Climate Change

Yes, if they keep coming to the same dire predictions that keep not coming true.

Consensus isn't fact.

Don't you get this stuff?

You quite obviously ignored talking about the evidence and reasoning behind their opinions. You also ignored identifying them as the experts they are.

Neil deGrasse Tyson

So, the experts are wrong? Just over exaggerating?

Look man, first of all, the "experts" have been wrong about so many things and so many topics over the last 200 years its not even funny. That isn't the way I want to approach it though. I'm not a complete dick when it comes to this.

I'm not against cleaning up the trash flows in the ocean. I'm not against telling major corporations to not pour poisons in our water supply. I'm not against building solar panels, windmills, and electric cars. All these things and more make sense to me.

I am against hysteria and fear tactics used by the governments of the world to get what they want which is more money, more power, and more control over the people of the world. The united States has taken many steps over the decades to improve our air quality, water quality, etc. We created the EPA and even though I think they are **** suckers they try to keep things clean. We also have a forestry service to control logging and plant new trees.

The problem is the big damage that we have no control over. The cutting down of the rain forests comes to mind. Now THAT is a problem and there is nothing we can do about it. China comes to mind, 60% of their water is so polluted its undrinkable. We should try to keep the environment clean, I'm with you man, but this "sky is falling" stuff is utter bullshit.

The problems are very complex. One example would be electric cars. Want to build 100 million electric cars, fine, how are you going to power them? We make electricity by burning fossil fuels, we make the tires with petroleum, the pain is oil based, the plastics are oil based. Geez, everything around you is oil based.

Look man, first of all, the "experts" have been wrong about so many things and so many topics over the last 200 years its not even funny. That isn't the way I want to approach it though. I'm not a complete dick when it comes to this.

I'm not against cleaning up the trash flows in the ocean. I'm not against telling major corporations to not pour poisons in our water supply. I'm not against building solar panels, windmills, and electric cars. All these things and more make sense to me.

I am against hysteria and fear tactics used by the governments of the world to get what they want which is more money, more power, and more control over the people of the world. The united States has taken many steps over the decades to improve our air quality, water quality, etc. We created the EPA and even though I think they are **** suckers they try to keep things clean. We also have a forestry service to control logging and plant new trees.

The problem is the big damage that we have no control over. The cutting down of the rain forests comes to mind. Now THAT is a problem and there is nothing we can do about it. China comes to mind, 60% of their water is so polluted its undrinkable. We should try to keep the environment clean, I'm with you man, but this "sky is falling" stuff is utter bullshit.

The problems are very complex. One example would be electric cars. Want to build 100 million electric cars, fine, how are you going to power them? We make electricity by burning fossil fuels, we make the tires with petroleum, the pain is oil based, the plastics are oil based. Geez, everything around you is oil based.

So you think climate change is nothing more then hysteria, yet, you support a bunch of things that would help. You're very confusing man.

Is your only issue government involvement? Or do you think the problem is not on the scale that scientists are claiming?

Science is a process of understanding. Science is wrong often enough, if you know any history. But people's conclusions based on science? Holy shit it's a historical train wreck. If you're on board with today's "global warming"... sorry, "climate change"... sorry, "climate disruption" alarmists, here's my advice:

Live a conscientious, decent lifestyle for the next ten years, paying close attention to all the various and different predictions and warnings. See if they change.

...and most importantly, check to see if the world has ended.

(Hint: For the last several decades of these various dire predictions of doom, it hasn't.)

Then get back to me on this and see if you have a different take.

So, science has been wrong in the past. You give no examples of that and also use it as reasoning that climate science is wrong, without providing any reasons why.

Thanks for wasting time.

Yes, if they keep coming to the same dire predictions that keep not coming true.

Consensus isn't fact.

Don't you get this stuff?

I don't think you get it.

The moral of the story is: The government will save the environment.

The government is our savior. Conveniently enough, there's an election coming up in a few months.

Lol, right. It's kind of like saying a rock wasn't bothered by the forest fire, but ignore talking about all the animals, trees, habitats and people that were killed.

You seem really down about this. Think of it as new ecological opportunities for adaptive radiation to occur.

The moral of the story is: The democrats will save the environment.

The democrats are our savior. Conveniently enough, there's an election coming up in a few months.

fixed.

The moral of the story is: The government will save the environment.

The government is our savior. Conveniently enough, there's an election coming up in a few months.

You're right, my bad. Businesses and people can really just solve the issue out of the kindness of their hearts.

Of course, if this silliness was true, there wouldn't be a problem in the first place. I fear nothing is going to get done until it starts hitting Company's bottom line.

Shit, there's a pretty large portion of the country that doesn't think there's even an issue, forget doing things to combat climate change.

So you think climate change is nothing more then hysteria, yet, you support a bunch of things that would help. You're very confusing man.

Is your only issue government involvement? Or do you think the problem is not on the scale that scientists are claiming?

I thought I was clear. I'm not against smart living. I'm against government fear tactics. No, I do not believe the earth is in "dire" trouble because of man. At the same time though, I'm not against forestry and pollution regulations set forth by the dicks at the EPA. I'm not against cleaning up the trash in the ocean's or driving an electric car, or solar panels, or windmills, etc.

I also understand that the problems revolving around the use of fossil fuels are complex as hell. You want to see something that is an eye opener? Go online and find a doc called Collapse. It's worth the watch.

So no, I do not believe the earth is in dire danger due to my V8 automobile but at the same time I'll throw you a bone and say I am not unreasonable and believe we should stop the rain forests from being destroyed and big corporations from dumping chemicals, etc. I'll meet you somewhere in the middle.

I thought I was clear. I'm not against smart living. I'm against government fear tactics. No, I do not believe the earth is in "dire" trouble because of man. At the same time though, I'm not against forestry and pollution regulations set forth by the dicks at the EPA. I'm not against cleaning up the trash in the ocean's or driving an electric car, or solar panels, or windmills, etc.

I also understand that the problems revolving around the use of fossil fuels are complex as hell. You want to see something that is an eye opener? Go online and find a doc called Collapse. It's worth the watch.

So no, I do not believe the earth is in dire danger due to my V8 automobile but at the same time I'll throw you a bone and say I am not unreasonable and believe we should stop the rain forests from being destroyed and big corporations from dumping chemicals, etc. I'll meet you somewhere in the middle.

Listen man, you're being reasonable. We just disagree on the severity of the issue (and experts disagree with you as well). I'm not going to bash politicians for fear tactics, I'm going to bash them for not making this a major issue. I will never blame our leaders for fact based decision making. Unfortunately, they are not listening to the experts (I know you disagree here, so I'll leave it at that).

TBH, I wish that the opposition to this stuff was more like you. They aren't though - they promote things that would result in more CO2 into the atmosphere and deny there is an issue at all.

good morning KPT,

as you can see by the spirited responses to the so called "threat" of AGW, americans are singular in their ability to see through such alarmism.

that is why i authored this thread;
http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f54/what-america-knows-rest-industrialized-world-doesnt-2734503/

the rest of the planet may feel up in arms about the threat of AGW, but Americans know better. its a mix of our American exceptionalism (which is unique to us) and a certain frontier individualism that folks from Canada, Austrailia, England, etc, etc, don't have.

you can't fool Americans.

- IGIT

good morning KPT,

as you can see by the spirited responses to the so called "threat" of AGW, americans are singular in their ability to see through such alarmism.

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f54/what-america-knows-rest-industrialized-world-doesnt-2734503/

the rest of the planet may feel up in arms about the threat of AGW, but Americans know better. its a mix of our American exceptionalism (which is unique to us) and a certain frontier individualism that folks from Canada, Austrailia, England, etc, etc, don't have.

- IGIT

Damn right. Cus we go to school and stuff.

good morning KPT,

- IGIT

We have very differing opinions here in America. Not just in politics, but the people.

with your logic, TS, Al Gore is a shoe in for the Presidency.

Back