1. Season 8 of the International Shoop League is now active! Vote here! »
  2. Where did your likes go? Please Read This Thread »

The "Best" vs The "GOAT"

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by JustBleed69, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Regal Boy Purple Belt

False.

He is objectively one of the greatest talents that 145 has ever seen and you calling me, a man who's been watching MMA for over 15 years and has trained in various martial arts for over almost as long a "casual" to try to make your argument, is pathetic as shit.

You're wrong and being emotional about Conor and then projecting it on me. Don't let the antics of the asshole cloud your vision on his skill.

JustBleed69 likes this.
  2. Fenn Orange Belt

I don't even like Conor much but that's just fucking stupid.

Ironnik94 likes this.
  3. chinarice Steel Belt

At his peak, Conor probably is the best FW. He beat the consensus 2 best FWs of all-time decisively.

Only Volkanovski could make the claim now.

RockyLockridge and JustBleed69 like this.
  4. JustBleed69 Touch-Butt Black Belt Yellow Card

I get that you don't like him but Conor is objectively one of the best featherweights of all time, she has dominant wins over the other two featherweight goat contenders as well as a win over Poirier and Mendes. It's like Jon Jones for me, I fucking hate the guy but can't deny that he's one of the best light heavyweights of all time.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
    RockyLockridge likes this.
  5. JustBleed69 Touch-Butt Black Belt Yellow Card

Sometimes the two overlap for sure

6. Moro Purple Belt

Conor and his panic fluke punch, shook because the rematch wouldn’t be the same.

7. Moro Purple Belt

Fedor vs himself? Impossible.

Ironnik94 and BFoe like this.
  8. Regal Boy Purple Belt

Jose is the one who didn't take the rematch, which pissed me off because I thought he'd beat Conor in the second fight if he were to control his rushing.

That punch was not a fluke btw, go step into a boxing gym for once in your life you bum.

markg171 and Ironnik94 like this.
  9. Andreh Black Belt

{<jordan}{<jordan}{<jordan}
    [​IMG]

JustBleed69 likes this.
  10. JustBleed69 Touch-Butt Black Belt Yellow Card

Lol voice to text has failed me yet again

Ironnik94 likes this.
  11. Andreh Black Belt

Again:

He
    is
    not.

Just facts. Deal with it.

12. J-Pac Purple Belt

Don't know how you could even deny that he's a BOAT contender at FW. He was the one to end Aldo's unstoppable reign when he had the aura of invincibility, and he did it with one punch which is absolutely insane. Also handily beat Max and stopped juicy Mendes when he was top 2 in the world. I'd bet on him against A.V. for sure. He's also one of the BOATs at lightweight, he just ran into the actual BOAT in Khabib. You're just blindly hating at this point because you don't like him. The only other fighter with an argument is A.V.

13. RockyLockridge Silver Belt

I agree, but if you can't agree he's AT LEAST top 5 then you have a problem. Even if you put volk max and aldo over him he's still number 4

VERY cringey post. It's one thing to be an obsessed conor fan, but to be such a dejected hater completely unwilling to give a man credit for his accomplishments... Very small.

Ironnik94 likes this.
  14. AnotherOldGuy Brown Belt

GOAT can mean (and does in most fields) the person who changed the field the most. Best means the one who can do the most with it.

For instance, any BSc in physics can solve physics problems (anything to do with quantum mechanics, electromagnetism, statistical mechanics and even a lot of mechanics) that Isaac Newton couldn't start on -- if you test them and Newton they'd do better than him.

But 99.9999% of physics BSc's aren't going to do anything to change physics even close to what Newton did, which is why Newton is along with Einstein the Greatest physicist ever, while those BSc's (who can solve problems he couldn't) aren't even on the top 1 million greatest physicists list.

Basically, I'd say since every field builds and improves in time, best means this year's best person, while greatest means the best relative to their time throughout history.

15. Siesta Black Belt

How do you figure,? Punches one old man and doesn’t even drop him, but Conor’s the best at it? If you’re not gonna try at least make sense.

16. Cpt Migraine It is what it is..

You're supposed to present facts when you say that..

At one point he was the best fw, not the goat because that belongs to aldo.. but the best..

17. Babaganoosh ----Orion's Belt---- Platinum Member

Yeah he had/has a huge size advantage there. Look at how he is doing now fighting guys that are just as big as he is.

18. EYEKICKFACES Purple Belt

Ha triggered Doostin fans still can't get over the beating Conor put on him.

markg171 likes this.
  19. letgodiego Blue Belt

goat is subjective, but their definetly 2 different things. if I think anderson is the goat he's definetly not the best now.

20. letgodiego Blue Belt

if conner could cut down to 145, it wouldnt be optimal, and I think Volk hurts him

Ironnik94 and Regal Boy like this.