The "Best" vs The "GOAT"

He did do a good job there, that's why I give him "a good fighter" label. This is the honest thing to do, not put him where he doesn't belong to. This is what emotional casuals do all the time.
False.

He is objectively one of the greatest talents that 145 has ever seen and you calling me, a man who's been watching MMA for over 15 years and has trained in various martial arts for over almost as long a "casual" to try to make your argument, is pathetic as shit.

You're wrong and being emotional about Conor and then projecting it on me. Don't let the antics of the asshole cloud your vision on his skill.

/ >q

Good fighter at FW is an understatement he is easily one of the best to ever fight in the weight class. top 5 at least or your a completely unreasonable hater
At his peak, Conor probably is the best FW. He beat the consensus 2 best FWs of all-time decisively.

Only Volkanovski could make the claim now.

No. Conor is the best at punching older men at bars and nothing more. Stop talking about this nobody.
I get that you don't like him but Conor is objectively one of the best featherweights of all time, she has dominant wins over the other two featherweight goat contenders as well as a win over Poirier and Mendes. It's like Jon Jones for me, I fucking hate the guy but can't deny that he's one of the best light heavyweights of all time.

Last edited:
UnitedBraveIvorybackedwoodswallow-size_restricted.gif
Conor and his panic fluke punch, shook because the rematch wouldn’t be the same.

Conor and his panic fluke punch, shook because the rematch wouldn’t be the same.
Jose is the one who didn't take the rematch, which pissed me off because I thought he'd beat Conor in the second fight if he were to control his rushing.

That punch was not a fluke btw, go step into a boxing gym for once in your life you bum.

/ >q

Good fighter at FW is an understatement he is easily one of the best to ever fight in the weight class. top 5 at least or your a completely unreasonable hater

False.

He is objectively one of the greatest talents that 145 has ever seen and you calling me, a man who's been watching MMA for over 15 years and has trained in various martial arts for over almost as long a "casual" to try to make your argument, is pathetic as shit.

You're wrong and being emotional about Conor and then projecting it on me. Don't let the antics of the asshole cloud your vision on his skill.
Again:

He
is
not.

Just facts. Deal with it.

Again:

He
is
not.

Don't know how you could even deny that he's a BOAT contender at FW. He was the one to end Aldo's unstoppable reign when he had the aura of invincibility, and he did it with one punch which is absolutely insane. Also handily beat Max and stopped juicy Mendes when he was top 2 in the world. I'd bet on him against A.V. for sure. He's also one of the BOATs at lightweight, he just ran into the actual BOAT in Khabib. You're just blindly hating at this point because you don't like him. The only other fighter with an argument is A.V.

At his peak, Conor probably is the best FW. He beat the consensus 2 best FWs of all-time decisively.

Only Volkanovski could make the claim now.
I agree, but if you can't agree he's AT LEAST top 5 then you have a problem. Even if you put volk max and aldo over him he's still number 4

Again:

He
is
not.

VERY cringey post. It's one thing to be an obsessed conor fan, but to be such a dejected hater completely unwilling to give a man credit for his accomplishments... Very small.

I've always thought in some cases the GOAT and the Best could be separate.
For example:

Jose Aldo is by far the most accomplished Featherweight of All-Time, however he is clearly not the Best FW of all time as he lost to Conor, Holloway 2xs, and Volkanovski. The "Best" FW of all time is probably Conor or Volk at this point, but they havent accomplished nearly as much in the division as Aldo did.

GOAT is more a measurement of accomplishment , which means Jose is the FW GOAT.

How do you measure GOAT and what other instances of this can you think of, if any?

GOAT can mean (and does in most fields) the person who changed the field the most. Best means the one who can do the most with it.

For instance, any BSc in physics can solve physics problems (anything to do with quantum mechanics, electromagnetism, statistical mechanics and even a lot of mechanics) that Isaac Newton couldn't start on -- if you test them and Newton they'd do better than him.

But 99.9999% of physics BSc's aren't going to do anything to change physics even close to what Newton did, which is why Newton is along with Einstein the Greatest physicist ever, while those BSc's (who can solve problems he couldn't) aren't even on the top 1 million greatest physicists list.

Basically, I'd say since every field builds and improves in time, best means this year's best person, while greatest means the best relative to their time throughout history.

No. Conor is the best at punching older men at bars and nothing more. Stop talking about this nobody.

How do you figure,? Punches one old man and doesn’t even drop him, but Conor’s the best at it? If you’re not gonna try at least make sense.

Conor is objectively one of the greatest featherweights ever and would most likely beat everyone in the division still.

Yeah he had/has a huge size advantage there. Look at how he is doing now fighting guys that are just as big as he is.

I've always thought in some cases the GOAT and the Best could be separate.
For example:

Jose Aldo is by far the most accomplished Featherweight of All-Time, however he is clearly not the Best FW of all time as he lost to Conor, Holloway 2xs, and Volkanovski. The "Best" FW of all time is probably Conor or Volk at this point, but they havent accomplished nearly as much in the division as Aldo did.

GOAT is more a measurement of accomplishment , which means Jose is the FW GOAT.

How do you measure GOAT and what other instances of this can you think of, if any?
goat is subjective, but their definetly 2 different things. if I think anderson is the goat he's definetly not the best now.

Back