The best UFC fighter from your Town/City

speaking of huge pittsburgh upsets, i'll always remember charlie brenneman upsetting rick story in the first ufc event in pittsburgh back in 2011.

(sure, charlie isnt from pittsburgh- he's from hollidaysburg, which is about 2 hours east of pittsburgh)
haha I remember that like it was yesterday. I didn't live in Pittsburgh at the time, but I was in Italy visiting some distant relatives and remember watching the fight back in 2011. I believe it was the same week Fedor lost to Werdum and Kongo had that crazy come from behind knockout over Pat Barry.

I'm from a rural town in Pennsylvania, so "regional" is about as close as you'd realistically get. I guess that would be Brian Stann (we used to wrestle his old high school, Scranton Prep) or Josh Koscheck.

Spent a few years on Guam. I guess Jon Tuck would be the choice, here. It's an island with its own culture, so it doesn't matter where exactly on the island you are from.

When I lived in New Jersey, I guess I would have to say it was... nah, fuck New Jersey. Fuck that place.

I lived in Arkansas for ten years, so I'd guess either Bryce Mitchell (Cabot, 5 minutes up the road from my house in Jacksonville), or Violent Bob Ross (Conway, I believe?). Both came about well after I moved away.

Dennis Siver, though born in Russia, lived in Mannheim, Germany, which was a short jaunt away from where I lived for a few years in Deutschland.

Everyone on Oahu can claim Max as their hometown guy. I lived in Pearl City, which (without traffic) is 30 minutes from Waianae. BJ Penn is from Hilo -- on an entirely different island, for those that aren't up on their geography.

I live between The Hague and Amsterdam, now, so Reem would qualify as closest. Bas Rutten is from Tilburg (I think?), which is about 60 minutes east of me.
If you live between The Hague and Amsterdam the odds are you live close to Leiden. That makes you a neighbour of Mousasi.

I guess this guy. I see him and his brother at my gym from time to time.

114_Anthony_Pettis.jpg

Does he show outlandish kicks in training?

Jake Shields

my little area has produced Tj Dillashaw, Vernon White and Jake Shields

I remember watching Hendo and Shields hoping Shields was able to walk out of it... Shields won lol
Most on here trash him for being boring. But he’s always been a great wrestler and has been tough as nails as far back as I remember, back when he was a poor hippy kid with long hair.

Dave Beneteau or Randa Markos

fuck this lame ass city
Haha it is a lame city but at least we have two legit fighters from the area. When I was younger Benateau was a bouncer here and there and I recognized one night I saw him working and talked to him about it. He is a lawyer for the H.A.’s now.

T.J Grant pretty easily. Re-watched some of his fights the other day and always wondered if he would of became champion if things had went differently. Could see him beating Henderson or Pettis although it would of been a tough fight.

From Croydon, South London.

Fighter most local to me is Nathaniel Wood

Probably Guy Mezger (DFW area).

He stayed in the area and never left, his gym is about 25 minutes from the highschool that he won the state title for

Most of the recent fighters from the area made UFC but didn't do anything. There's some guy's that are about the break into the top 10 like Carlos Diego, Ryan spann, Geoff Neal but there all technically born in other Texas cities, they came to DFW during adulthood

Back