the best thing about nolans batman-alfred

devante

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I know we all loves the Batman trilogy; but I often feel Alfred gets less than his share of credit for the role played and he character in the movie, seriously...that guy should have gotten somesort of nod for his performance.

He was one of four people in all the films and to me was the most consistent funny and dramatic character; he showcased alot of diversity in one character and I think he deserves more mention as one of the best parts of the film.

I like Michael Caine but I think the character was a little bit too cheesy in the last film.

I like Michael Caine but I think the character was a little bit too cheesy in the last film.

This. Caine's a good actor, but his delivery in TDKR was off - it seemed stunted, as if he was unsuccessfully trying to fake a cockney accent rather than just using his own. Also, the scene where his character revealed exactly how the movie was going to end (near the beginning of the film) should have been cut...

Caine's Alfred actually had depth. He was more like an insightful surrogate father figure.

Someone had to show some emotion eventually. He did it well imo.

Alfred was always my favorite after Batman in the Trilogy. The way he shows wisdom, compassion and good advice for Bruce is always some of the best scenes.

My favorite scene with him in particular is from the Dark Knight when he tells Bruce about the gem hunter in Africa.
"how did you catch him Alfred?"
"we burned the whole damn forest down"
I love how after that, Batman is like fuck it, im gona spy on everbody till I find the damn Joker.

Oh and here you go guys....you're welcome.
Do+you+even+lift+master+Wayne+.+Not+OC+but+funny_030e57_4251521.jpg

I'd say that's kind of an understatement. Caine is a boss, but they had him deliver some real sentimental (not very convincing) bullshit in that one. Caf

Alfred made my gf cry twice in the theater.

The bastard.

Michael Caine is great, but the break up fight between Alfred and Bruce in TDKR almost made me turn off my TV.

Alfred was too cheesy in TDKR, but I liked him in TDK and the prestige.

edit: oh, and Alfred's part in Inception was too small.

I thought Alfred was hilarious...all through tdk and tkdr he is pulling Bruce's card when he makes a mistake...starts making excuses...gets outsmarted..or gets to high on himself.

In tdkr..he was like Paulie in rocky three...you ain't got it no more..this guy is young and hungry..your f**ked ..lol

Alfred wouldn't stfu.

Every scene with him had some emotional bs attached to it.

Just serve the damn tea!

Seems like I'm the only one who liked the emotional Afred.

Alfred Pennyworth was some sort of British Secret Agent Ehhh? That is always rad. They should make some comics about him and his exploits, and then make movies based on that.

Alfred wouldn't stfu.

Every scene with him had some emotional bs attached to it.

Just serve the damn tea!

Get outta here.

Alfred was also trying to get Bruce laid (you know, that Miranda doesn't look too bad and she's probably DTF).
And then joked about it when homeboy failed (leaving the party alone).

I'd love an old sentimental wingman like that.

they should make a spin-off series called, "Wayne's Manner School: Caine You Handle the Heat?" alfred coaches contestants on proper table etiquette and every week they have a dinner related challenge.

Back