The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

I ain't the one to judge whether he is the best or not ... I never even heard of him, until now.

Big looking and strong for sure. I wonder if that leg press lockout is good for you knees in the long run? shiiit, those lockout must put a lot of stress on the ligaments?

Yates was great, Hany was better.

It has been said Yates really isn't very strong for his size. This vid seems to confirm this, aside from some bent over rows in the clip, there really isn't that much weight moved there.

Not that he should care about that, being a bodybuilder, but I respect Coleman more since Coleman is as strong as a fucking Ox.

Where is Urbandruid0 to lock this?

Maybe it's disrespectful to close an oldtimer's thread?

Eyyy - the rules should apply to everybody, hehe :D

I was hardcore into bodybuilding a few years ago. Now I think its "gay" (in a negative sense, gay people can be funny mothafuckas!) and quite dysfunctional. I can remember my perception what "small and tiny" looked like, changed disturbingly fast. Before you know it you want big freaking ugly arms and an urge to walk around on a stage in pantys. Whery weird "sport".

Anyhow with all that said I will always think that Dorians back is cool cool shit and an image for me what a manly back looks like...;) You got to low them barbell rows, funniest shit to do in the gym, I owe that to Dorian.

First off, I dont think we do body building discussions here, but I dont care.

Second the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be is this man.

hitman.jpg

sambo fighter said:
First off, I dont think we do body building discussions here, but I dont care.

Second the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be is this man.

hitman.jpg

Wallid?

Agreed. The Hitman is the best there ever was, etc.
Dorian Yates is just some guy compared to Hart.

We missed the part of the movie where he pumps all the roids into his skin.

Don't talk shit about him. He's still great. Different sport yes but that motherfucker works HARDER than any of you to get the way he is.

I bash all the bar star metro :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: wannabe bodybuilders just like any straight man should but don't bash a dude that works harder than you and lifts bigger weights than you.

I agree, he has some wierd strength in that video. His SLD looked funny @ 365 I believe but so what. He wants size and he works out like a mofo to get it.

Talk shit to all the little 205lb :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:s that think they are bodybuilders but dont talk shit to a guy who is 300lbs and looks like that in the off season. He's paid his fucking dues and deserves respect.

What's funny about Dorian deserving respect is that I read a News clip recently that a California Gold's Gym wouldn't let him workout there without paying the cover-charge. The gym was under new management and they gave him all kinds of shit for like 20 minutes as he explained he NEVER pays the cover-charge, and presented them with his Pro Card. But it wasn't until another gym member pointed out a picture of him on the wall with a Sandow that they took their feet out of their mouths and their heads out of their asses and let the man in.

Other than Arnold, Yates was the first body builder I knew of. He used to be my inspiration when I was younger. Of course this was before I realized what 'roids were. He still trained like a mofo, so he's got that going for him.

Trained to failure every time i believe. That takes some balls.

I'm not a fan of any "sport" in which you need judges and in which you do not directly compete against another pewrson. That said, there can be no question that Arnold was the greatest bodybuilder of all time.

Mention bodybuiilding to most people and they can all name Arnold. He trancended the sport.. hell arnold introduced the sport to millions. Not to mention arnold had a body that had quality. Sure he did not have the total mass of some of todays freaks ( who do more drugs in a day then Arnold did in a month). He just had quality.

I'm not a fan of any "sport" in which you need judges and in which you do not directly compete against another pewrson. That said, there can be no question that Arnold was the greatest bodybuilder of all time.

Um, I hate to break it to you but they do compete directly against one-another. The one at the top has to show up with a better body than anyone else. That's direct competition. The reason for judges is because third-parties have to agree on who is indeed the better. Because if it were left to the competitors to judge they'd be arguing for hours on-end.

Somebody said something about the Pro BBers today using more gear in a day than Arnold used in a month. I highly doubt this is true. If you talk to any successful bodybuilder out there that's willing to divulge the amount of steroids he takes in a week, you'll find out, that the majority of the biggest guys at your gym are taking far more steroids than the pros. The difference between the two, is that the Pro BBers have the genetics to build a trophy winning physique. You've also got to consider a couple of things when comparing Arnold to Coleman, or any of the newer BBers. Most of them are SHORT compared to Arnold. This makes a lot of difference when comparing their sizes. Arnold competed at somewhere around 240lbs at a height of 6'2-6'3, while Coleman has recently been competiting at somewhere around 270lbs-280lbs but at a height of only 5'11, and a lot of BBers are shorter than that. If most of today's successful BBers were as tall as Arnold, their physiques would not appear AS overpowering as they do now. Hell, look at the Hulk, Lou Ferrigno. He was 6'5 and competed at the same weight as today's BBers, but because of his height, he never came off as being as large as even Arnold did. Point is, when comparing today's BBers to Arnold, you've gotta realize the height they give up. This makes a huge difference in how their physiques stand out. The last thing you've gotta consider about today's BB world, is the amount of knowledge that has been uncovered in the last 10-20years. If you go through and read Arnold's workouts, they seem VERY long, and a good bit different from what the pros today use. Knowledge of nutrition and supplementation has also gone to all new levels since Arnold's time. Combine all these things together, and I'd be willing to be bet Arnold and the pros today use/d the same amount of gear.

Back