The Best Supplement For Bulking!

Status
Not open for further replies.

XTrainer

Red Belt
Reaction score
Yeah, stop making these threads. There's been a rash of them over the past week. If "What is the best supplement for bulking?" and similar questions sound reasonable to you, you have not read the stickies, and are confused about what nutrition is all about...Hint: Not "magic in a bottle."

Read the FAQs and the other stickies, get some background and perspective, and ask questions from there.

Thanks.

I saw it. I'm mulling it over, both in terms of feasibility and usefulness.

How about a few "poll" threads on "most recommended supplement for achieving X". Just to give newbs an idea of the more popular and tested supplements?

I don't mean to come off as harsh, but you are completely missing the point.

No, it doesn't. Quite the opposite, in fact.

Poll results, surveys, and ratings tell you what other people like, nothing more. Certainly you seem the fallacy in evaluating supplements (or anything) based on popular opinion?

But that's not even the real problem. The real problem is that, once again, you're placing "magic in bottle" solutions over education, understanding, and the rational, skeptical approach to supplementation that comes with understanding some basics about nutrition.

I see your point, that you should read into shit and educate yourself.

But if someone is looking for protein, and they can't decide between brands, what is wrong with going with something tried and tested and recommended?

hahah I came into this thread in the same ol' mindset of 'who didn't read the faq again', little did I know...

I see your point, that you should read into shit and educate yourself.

But if someone is looking for protein, and they can't decide between brands, what is wrong with going with something tried and tested and recommended?

because all that shit is the same. most of the whey protein sold comes from only a few manufacturers. you're not going to get more jacked and tanned by taking one brand over the other. furthermore, recommendations based on personal preference don't go very far. just because I like the taste of one brand doesn't mean someone else will.

outside of basic ingredients, other "stacks" or "blends" are at best overpriced and at worst useless because they don't have enough of the basic ingredients in them. or, you can't tell how much of what you would want is in there. so there is no one here who would recommend any blended supplement.

which basically means, pretty much any whey or creatine product will be fine. and anything that contains a laundry list of blended ingredients is garbage. so to rate them is to rate one pile of shit compared to other piles of shit. even if a bunch of gullible teenage dumbasses think they got more jacked and tanned taking one blend than another, it only means that a group of people who you should probably never take advice from have chosen their favourite thing to waste their money on.

even if a pile of shit supplements have a winner, it's only the king of shit. that's not much of a recommendation now is it.

See, this further shows you don't know what you're talking about. Asking what the best protein is like asking what cut of beef is the best. There's no right answer, it's just a matter of taste and everyone's is different.

We already have the flow chart and top 3 in the stickies.

Oh, and the answer to both questions is rare ribeye. In fact that may also answer, "What is the best supplement for bulking?"

How about splitting up the forum: one being a diet forum and the other for supplements. That way people who want to discuss supplements can, and the "regulars" can talk about chocolate and read the same stickies over and over.

This is a discussion forum, right? Not a I'm going to tell you what I want, and if you want to talk about something else I don't agree with, I'm not going to let you discuss it forum.

What if someone wants to talk about a supplement that will help them bulk, maybe like one for recovery or creatine or different types of protein...whatever? What if they already know about dieting but are wondering if a supplement can help too.

There's a lot of closed minds here...or more like sheep following the rest of the heard. The sheep don't really know what they're talking about, but since the shepard told them, all of a sudden they're an "expert" too. I think people here can decide for themselves what they want to believe.

I read one "regulars" response to someone asking about some supplement with an X at the end. His reply was something like "Well, it has an X at the end of the name so it must be crap." That's being closed minded.

See, this further shows you don't know what you're talking about. Asking what the best protein is like asking what cut of beef is the best. There's no right answer, it's just a matter of taste and everyone's is different.QUOTE]

Uh.....so wouldn't that be a good topic to discuss?

See, this further shows you don't know what you're talking about. Asking what the best protein is like asking what cut of beef is the best. There's no right answer, it's just a matter of taste and everyone's is different.QUOTE]

Uh.....so wouldn't that be a good topic to discuss?

yeah, right up there with "What's your favorite color?"

yeah, right up there with "What's your favorite color?"

Or "what's your favorite dark chocolate?" or "what's your favorite cookware". Your point makes no sense. That's what discussion forums are for.

This is not an art or color forum, so no, that would not apply here. Really, is asking "what's your favorite protein", that dumb? I don't think so.

...And I grow Chinese Hamster Ovary cells in media I helped develop, producing about 140 million dollars of antibodies per week, just in the one area I work in, so I'm not some ignorant teenager looking to get out of working hard. I'm a smart open minded person with a science background who just wants to read about the subject. I can decide what is good and not good for me from reading and filtering out the garbage.

Last edited:
...And I grow Chinese Hamster Ovary cells in media I helped develop, producing about 140 million dollars of antibodies per week, just in the one area I work in, so I'm not some ignorant teenager looking to get out of working hard. I'm a smart open minded person who just wants to read about the subject. I can decide what is good and not good for me from reading and filtering out the garbage.

lol_que.jpg

My God!!!! Why does everything need to become complicated!!!!!!! :icon_sad:

because all that shit is the same. most of the whey protein sold comes from only a few manufacturers. you're not going to get more jacked and tanned by taking one brand over the other. furthermore, recommendations based on personal preference don't go very far. just because I like the taste of one brand doesn't mean someone else will.

outside of basic ingredients, other "stacks" or "blends" are at best overpriced and at worst useless because they don't have enough of the basic ingredients in them. or, you can't tell how much of what you would want is in there. so there is no one here who would recommend any blended supplement.

which basically means, pretty much any whey or creatine product will be fine. and anything that contains a laundry list of blended ingredients is garbage. so to rate them is to rate one pile of shit compared to other piles of shit. even if a bunch of gullible teenage dumbasses think they got more jacked and tanned taking one blend than another, it only means that a group of people who you should probably never take advice from have chosen their favourite thing to waste their money on.

even if a pile of shit supplements have a winner, it's only the king of shit. that's not much of a recommendation now is it.

See, this further shows you don't know what you're talking about. Asking what the best protein is like asking what cut of beef is the best. There's no right answer, it's just a matter of taste and everyone's is different.

We already have the flow chart and top 3 in the stickies.

Oh, and the answer to both questions is rare ribeye. In fact that may also answer, "What is the best supplement for bulking?"

^These guys get it.

How about splitting up the forum: one being a diet forum and the other for supplements. That way people who want to discuss supplements can, and the "regulars" can talk about chocolate and read the same stickies over and over.

This is a discussion forum, right? Not a I'm going to tell you what I want, and if you want to talk about something else I don't agree with, I'm not going to let you discuss it forum.

What if someone wants to talk about a supplement that will help them bulk, maybe like one for recovery or creatine or different types of protein...whatever? What if they already know about dieting but are wondering if a supplement can help too.

There's a lot of closed minds here...or more like sheep following the rest of the heard. The sheep don't really know what they're talking about, but since the shepard told them, all of a sudden they're an "expert" too. I think people here can decide for themselves what they want to believe.

I read one "regulars" response to someone asking about some supplement with an X at the end. His reply was something like "Well, it has an X at the end of the name so it must be crap." That's being closed minded.

You can believe anything you want, but that does not mean "anything" is true. Their are rarely measurable degrees of difference between different brands of the same basic supplement. Think carefully about what I just said: same basic supplement. For example, if you're promoting one type of whey protein isolate/concentrate blend over another, what are you really promoting? The supplement itself is practically the same. So, you're just regurgitating marketing, or letting everyone else know about the awesome placebo effect you experienced.

That is why brand name discussion is generally unwelcome here, unless a company truly has something demonstrably and significantly unique about their product. The fact that one is discussing brands instead of ingredients means that one has bought into the marketing, the hype, anything but the actual product you're putting into your body.

I am not anti-supplement, and we love to discuss supplements here. But we're going to go about it rationally and with the due skepticism the industry has proven it warrants. If you just want to hear people hype their placebo effects and pimp their brands, there are a lot of other boards out there to do that on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back