The best songs by measure of...

[YT]I1wg1DNHbNU[/YT]

David Byrne is a fucking genius and I don't know anyone who hates this song

Oh, no doubt, or maybe My Girl by the Temptaions.

only problem is it's a whitney song, so it takes either just lack of an ego, or gigantic balls to try and sing a whitney song. you gotta be really really good, or just atrocious

Yeah, not easy to do it justice, but everyone in the joint will be singing with him/her.

I always put it on the jukebox and the energy in the room always goes through the roof.

Road to nowhere is one of my favorite songs.
That song is definitely one of their best. I'd also venture to say they have one of the best live DVD's in Stop Making Sense. Show starts out with just David and a boombox and they slowly have each band member come out until halfway through the show everyone is on stage. Also those over sized suits they wear!

[YT]AAZQaYKZMTI[/YT]

Also this song was my childhood as was Mony Mony. Billy Idol was my first taste of rock music when I was 3 and will always have a special place in my heart. I don't know anyone who doesn't like this, Rebel Yell and a few of his other songs. He produced some real quality rock in the 80's.

Also can't forget his first band, the punk group Generation X from the late 70's

I think I heard somewhere "Yesterday" holds some kind of record for Most Covered song.

You'd have to be some kind of asshole to not like "Benny and the Jets" tho.

And don't make me, Fleezee! Don't make me pull out this one!

No I din't! NO I DI-INT.

Fleezee: yes I diid..

I made a wedding go from a few people on the dance floor standing around to the entire floor with people dancing to this. Had no idea it would get the reaction it did from the people it did. And I made the DJ play it because I just wanted to fucking Safety Dance.

I think I heard somewhere "Yesterday" holds some kind of record for Most Covered song.

You'd have to be some kind of asshole to not like "Benny and the Jets" tho.

And don't make me, Fleezee! Don't make me pull out this one!

No I din't! NO I DI-INT.

Fleezee: yes I diid..

I think the Mariah song for this thread is Emotions, no? Love that song.

Back