The best recovery supplement

standupfighter

White Belt
Reaction score
In your opinion, what is the best recovery supplement that will not make me gain weight? I am not looking for creatine. I am looking for a after workout supplement that will work and not make me gain weight. Any advice or anything you had experience with please feel free to share.

I know you said you're not looking for creatine, but I'd say creatine.

Honestly.

Most post-workout mixes are basically creatine + some sort of creatine delivery mix.

Who says you need a supplement? Try a well-designed post workout drink, and getting more sleep. Fish oil is also a good idea, I started on it recently and it helps.

And if you're so concerned about gaining weight, you're probably not working out so hard that you need supplements.

The best supplement for recovery is really just a consistent diet of good food and rest :)

I feel like I've recovered faster with less fatigue while on creatine. Truth.

heroin.

no, but seriously i swear by a mix gatorade powder, whey, creatine and bcaas right after workout.

fish oil and healthy diet for the rest of the day plus adequate hydration

after working out? Nothing since I come home and its either 7pm or 9:30pm, but i usually have something real light so the food I have at that time of the day doesnt turn to fat.

This begs the question....

So?

I'm talking about pre-made "Post workout"/recovery mixes.

e.g. Cellmass and the like.

I know what you meant. Cellmass and the like are creatine delivery formulas, not PWO formulas, per se. Does creatine have some effect on recovery? Yes, but its importance pails in comparison to a properly designed protein/carb mix, which I believe is what the o.p. was after. I use creatine religiously, but I don

The best supplement for recovery is really just a consistent diet of good food and rest :)

It's not sexy or exciting... but it's the truth. Also time of day doesn't really matter as long as your nutrition all day long is good. You really need to have a clean healthy meal after you train, regardless of what time it is.

It's not sexy or exciting... but it's the truth. Also time of day doesn't really matter as long as your nutrition all day long is good. You really need to have a clean healthy meal after you train, regardless of what time it is.

+1

You don't need a supplement, you need to eat something when you get home. Cottage cheese and olives works well. Otherwise muscle milk.

BCAA's. Biotest Surge.

Here's a man with the right idea. ^ Surge + BCAAs for me every time. Really helps to cut DOMS.

I can't believe you're so concerned about putting on weight, yet you don't even eat a proper meal after you workout. And your fat comment made me laugh. Basically your diet + nutrition knowledge is non existent, which would definitely have an impact on your potential to gain weight. So get reading.

I workout after work, and eat after that, so often I have a PWO shake and a meal about 9-930pm, then (ideally) I'll have a light meal about 1130pm and then musclemilk + more protein before bed (eg 12/1230). Sometimes I'm so full I have problems sleeping lol, at a very rough guess I could have around 1000-1500 cals in total between 9pm-1am after wking out, and you're eating.... practically nothing.

Also, you're bound to be sore if you workout and don't fuel your body properly afterwards.

Good food, and 6-8 hours of sleep a night in a dark room with REM sleep.

A big glass of whole milk with sugar added into it.

Want a premade mix? Chocolate milk ftw.

Back