The best one punch knockout of all time

Shogun to Te Huna.
When he collapsed, I thought Te Huna was dead.

HospitableDeafeningArrowana-small.gif

184004015CH014_UFC_Fight_Ni_crop_north.jpg
Was glad shogun decided to pull the follow up punch so that it purposely missed. Tuna was already more than done and didn't need to get hit again.

Stipe gets hit (gotta take some to give some) but watch the Ngannou fight again to see Stipe’s defense on the feet. The predator starched everyone before Stipe had him swinging and missing the whole fight, minus a couple decent shots. Stipe’s not unhittable by any means but he’s got some defense. That’s what happens standing in the pocket with other good strikers. He got a hit a lot by Cormier in the rematch but we saw how that turned out.

Right, and what you said doesn't describe a defensive savant. Final Gay makes Stipe out to be the best defensive fighter of all time which is patently false.

Right, and what you said doesn't describe a defensive savant. Final Gay makes Stipe out to be the best defensive fighter of all time which is patently false.
For the sake of argument, what current HW has better defense, though?

Wilders KO against a guy with Otiz Defence is somethin speical ...

That was a incredible KO. Wilder spent several rounds taking damage and measuring Ortiz, and when he pulled the trigger Ortiz went down as if he was shot with a 9mm. Incredible stuff.

and its not even close.

I competed in Taekwondo got on the Olympic squad for Aus (Didn't fight in Olympicsfought in world champs). Competed in WTF and ITF Taekwondo... there is two leagues.
Competed with some of the best and I know a brother before I even see his wiki page.

That was a 540 degree reverse turning kick,with a late feint into a right cross.

Epic. I'm spending the day watching this kid. Bloody beautiful stuff.

Enjoy these threads, and all the love the Franklin laser against Quarry gets.

AlarmingWellmadeCoral-size_restricted.gif

Knocking out one of the greatest chins in combat sports history, while moving backwards and at a 50+ lbs weight disadvantage

This is the winner of the thread.

Manhoef was outweighed by 50+ lbs. And it was fucking Mark Hunt.

For the sake of argument, what current HW has better defense, though?

The HW division is all old, slow, chinny dudes with very little new talent. It's the only division in mma that is worse now than it was 10 or 15 years ago.

That's part of the reason that no heavyweights are in the top 10 of striking defense or SApM.

But for your sake, those ranking better than Stipe in StD and SApM include Hunt, Cain, JDS, Blaydes, Arlovski, Reem, DC, Mitrione, Werdum.

Historically there is of course the least hit heavyweight of all time Fedor.

Not the best of all time, but most of them have been posted. but still sweet, and extra sweet cos i saw it live.

FatalVigilantChinchilla-size_restricted.gif

Back