The best one punch knockout of all time

This site makes me throw up sometimes.

I need to find a better site for MMA discussion, everyone here loves talking out of their ass.
There isn’t much out there and combat sports don’t attract the strongest minds in society.

Still I give people the benefit of the doubt, when I first started watching and training I didn’t know shit and spoke arrogantly. It’s a constant learning process, being a fan or a participant of martial arts.

How did RDA not see that coming? Could Stephens have wound that punch up any more?

It's a brutal KO but a horrible display of technique lol.

I think RDA thought he was out of range. He had JUST easily blocked a wild hook. I think RDA was expecting another hook. He throws his hands up around his ears, but Stephens throws a leaping uppercut. A really low percentage move he threw from way outside, but he threads it right through RDA's arms.

These guys were also much more novice at the time.

source.gif

It cant get better (or worse) then this. Unless somebody dies.

Not really one punch, but only one punch landing. Also not MMA, but a MMA fighter.

BVGdQr.gif

Last edited:
I don't think this is a winner, but I think Lima is super underrated and this video is impressive...very impressive...

Not really one punch, but only one punching landing. Also not MMA, but an MMA fighter.

BVGdQr.gif

This is one of my favorite KO's ever. The left hook to the body and low kick are completely unnecessary, but that classic Dutch combo is so much part of his muscle memory that he finishes the sequence anyway while his opponent is already on the way down.

Awesome

The memory of seeing that is still so vivid. One of the biggest "OOOOOHHHH SHHIIIITTT!!1!"-moments in MMA.

I was a big fan of MMA before that, but I think that KO made me a diehard believe it or not

It was just so fucking smooth. I dont know
I find it so satisfying to watch, hard to explain
There are a few boxing KOs like that, a few kickboxing ones, but it's rare in MMA

Conor on Aldo is another one
Just both brutal and graceful

AlarmingWellmadeCoral-size_restricted.gif

Knocking out one of the greatest chins in combat sports history, while moving backwards and at a 50+ lbs weight disadvantage

Yeah. That was almost unbelievable. Running face first into Manhoefs fists is not a good idea for anyone.
Even if you have as good a chin as Mark Hunt

UFC 198, for the heavyweight title of the world, against Werdum in front of 45,000 Brazilians and you could hear a pin drop

perfect defensive technique with a perfect counter moving backwards, stuff we don’t ever see at heavyweight. Werdum was coming off the best performance and win of his entire career after battering and strangling Cain, and stipe played with him like a fiddle the entire fight. Two different levels.

IYB6XVb.gif

Lights out
What was Werdum thinking? What a werdumbass

Back