The Best MMA Wrestling. GSP or Jones?

Anybody holding a belt better pray to Fedor that GSP ain't got designs on it,lest he rouse himself from comfortable isolation in quebec to snatch all they love and then dissapear back into the shadows.

Jones uses his height as leverage a lot in the clinch, and we'll it's very effective against guys like DC, Chael, and Rashad, who are shorter, its extremely ineffective against taller fighters like Santos, Gus, Smith.

GSP never faced an opponent he couldn't take down, Jones can't say the same.

Literally the only fighter that I don't remember Jones taking down is Thiago Santos, but then again he didn't even try to wrestle. If you think Jones can't take him down you are utterly delusional

Know one ever expected these 2 phenoms to be so dominate in wrestling. They both been taken down a couple times, but that's it.

This is a tough one but who do you believe is the best in mma wrestling?
which one had to take steroids to win.

It's two different styles. I think single and doubles GSP is better, but trips and Greco jones is better
Know one ever expected these 2 phenoms to be so dominate in wrestling. They both been taken down a couple times, but that's it.

This is a tough one but who do you believe is the best in mma wrestling?

Rumor has it his corner were snacking on French fries between rounds from the poutine they showered his back side in
With poutine on your side,victory is assured,tabarnak de caliss!

In my estimation, it's GSP.

Jon was a Greco-Roman style wrestler in Junior College, if I'm not mistaken, whereas Georges used more double and single legs.

Both are great at fighting an opponent at their strengths, as evidenced by GSP hanging with the likes of Hughes, Koscheck, and Hendricks.

Jon beat DC twice, which is a statement in itself.

GSP had great entries to take downs, as well, which edges him over for me. Shoot Boxing.

At least he never greased
Yeah, having a guy that isn’t a regular corner guy inadvertently transfer Vaseline to your back during a regularly practiced breathing technique is much worse than pulsing steroids for the rest of your career due to excessive use.

Yeah, having a guy that isn’t a regular corner guy inadvertently transfer Vaseline to your back during a regularly practiced breathing technique is much worse than pulsing steroids for the rest of your career due to excessive use.
Jones is innocent. Some try to hold him down, but true fans recognize the GOAT.

Cool, so you are comparing apples to orange, right?

GSP got gifted an instant title shot against a weak champion whereas Hendricks had to face legit contenders
Yes GSP picked a winnable fight to come back.

but this thread is about wrestling and about Jones and GSP not an avenue for spider lovers to pretend Hendricks is a better wrestler

Jones. He embarrassed DC elite olympic wrestler.

And GSP been smashed by Pigg Rigg

Its stupid to use GSP post ACL tear as an example. GSPs wrestling and explosiveness was never the same after tearing his ACL

We have yet to see jon work from his guard and he outwrestled dc 2x that shiw you how amazing he is.
Gsp has been subbed by matt and out grappled by Hendricks.

The problem for Gsp is he got out wrestled early in his career by Matt Hughes and late in his career by Hendricks. Thus far no one has been able to outrwrestle jones, including DC who is a better wrestler than anyone gsp faced and maybe even better than gsp himself
Matt Hughes was 2/7 in TDs in their first fight and GSP hit 1/1. Considering GSP did not wrestle at all outside of MMA that is pretty decent. How many of Hughes' opponents held him to 28.5% TD rate and how many actually took him down?

Hendricks outwrestled GSP is pure Myth.
GSP took Hendricks down 3 of 6 times.
Hendricks hit 2 of 4 TDs.
Hendricks did not out do GSP in any facet of MMA. He simply didn't get destroyed like most fighters so got extra credit by many. Very similar to Jones vs Gus. I was excited for Gus and thought it was close but looking back in hindsight it was very competitive but Jones had a clear 48-47 and I can even understand a 49-46 score.

Back