The best Heavyweight in UFC history is submission is..

You're all wrong, it's Werdum and it should be obvious.

Submitted Nog. Only man to submit Alistair. Only man to submit Fedor. Only man to sub Cain. Mir himself admitted that if he went to the ground with him he would get schooled.

Mir

But if they fight Werdum will sub Mir

Submitted Nog. Only man to submit Alistair. Only man to submit Fedor. Only man to sub Cain. Mir himself admitted that if he went to the ground with him he would get schooled.

Sums up my thoughts as well. He submitted Fedor and every bjj guy even says Werdum is the best.

Yea the answer to the specific question has to be Mir.

Who is the best HW Submission fighter in MMA, Werdum.

Frank Mir once said Demian Maia could rape him if he wanted too, so what do you think Werdum could do to him?

Submitting Fedor, Cain, Nog, Overeem is > Mirs entire career.

Mir.

I really wish barnett and mir hit the mat at least once. I still think Barnett would've tko'd mir on the mat, but I'd love to see them roll.

Werdum is better than Mir, but Mir is the best submission artist at HW

I agree in MMA history, but most of those don't count for this UFC-specific question. Mir is far less embarrassing of a UFC submission GOAT than Timmeh is a UFC HW GOAT.

I guess its possible to extend it to anyone that has fought in UFC. For example, Barnett subbed Dean Lister, all be it dif rules dif tournament, but that's nearly unthinkable to most BJJ guys right?

Barnett had a massive size advantage, but it is still impressive

The thread specifies UFC, neither of these were in the UFC so I don't think they count for the thread and Mir has the largest variety of submissions of any HW in UFC history. He wins this easily.

Werdum has better BJJ but Mir arguably has the better submission game.

Frank Mir once said Demian Maia could rape him if he wanted too, so what do you think Werdum could do to him?

Shields>Maia. He would have his way with Mir accordingly

You guys remember pe do pano absolutely tooling Mir on the ground with superior jiu jitz?

The use of the word "artist" rather than "practitioner" makes Mir the obvious choice. So many of his have been wild or aesthetically pleasing.

Another Mir vote. Absolutely for the win.

If we're talking strictly UFC, I'm not sure anyone else even comes close.

Dunno why Barnett isn't getting more love.

Guy has subbed 61% of the fighters he's beaten. Second only to Big Nog (63%).

Mir and Werdum are both at 50%.

And if you go by the percentage of total fights that fighters manage to finish by sub, Barnett comes out comfortably ahead of all of them:

Barnett: 50%
Big Nog: 46%
Werdum: 38%
Mir: 33%

You guys remember pe do pano absolutely tooling Mir on the ground with superior jiu jitz?

I do remember that actually.
Wasn't that Mir's first fight back from a long layoff due to a motorcycle accident that nearly cost him his career?
Cruz was very proud of that if I recall. Sticking his tongue out and whatnot. Heck why shouldn't he have been, I mean, it's not like he was fighting a guy with 10 pounds of ring rust on his shoulders.

Yea the answer to the specific question has to be Mir.

Who is the best HW Submission fighter in MMA, Werdum.

That doesn't even make any sense.

Mir is in the UFC.

Werdum is in the UFC.

The UFC is in MMA.

So if Werdum is the best submission fighter in MMA, then by virtue of him being in the UFC, he is also the best submission fighter in the UFC.

Whole buncha sherbros either logically disinclined, or not doing so well with the reading comprehension portion of the question.

Back