The best Heavyweight in UFC history is submission is..

made2collect

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Searched and didn't see it as a thread, particularly not as of late. That said in your opinion who is the best heavyweight submission artist in UFC history?
Werdum?
Nog?
Barnett?

Anyone else?

11_Mir_Nogueira_13.jpg

UFC career its gotta be Mir, he has sick subs.

Mir by far

Mir by far. Add another vote.

I guess its possible to extend it to anyone that has fought in UFC. For example, Barnett subbed Dean Lister, all be it dif rules dif tournament, but that's nearly unthinkable to most BJJ guys right?

Mir has the nastiest subs (Big Nog and Sylvia) but how do you go against Werdum who subbed Fedor, Cain and Big Nog?

Best submission artist? Mir

Best Bjj? Werdum

If Mir can somehow best AA and get a title shot I will jizz my pants, so long as Mir can maybe not look so much like a dinosaur as he has with that 4 fight skid

Werdum might, arguably, be the better BJJ practitioner, but best submission artist in actual UFC history? No doubt:

method=get&s=tim-sylvia-frank-mir-gif-06-19-2014-12-33-48-988.gif

I think people like Barnett, verdum, roger Gracie, pe do pano, and even nog despite the sub loss, all have better jiu jitsu than Mir.

But in terms of best subs pulled off inside the octagon... That would have to be Mir.
Peter Williams shoulder lock, snapping Sylvia and nogs arms, tank abbots toe hold from the umaplata and knee barring Brock.
Gotta admit, Damn impressive, and I hate Mir.

Back