The best fighter in the world is a BJJ white belt

I'm the dude who actually took that picture. Jon has been working with our head blackbelt tussa since last feb I believe. Jon has only trained a few times In the gi so tussa won't promote him until he spends more training time in the gi. Jon is an absolute beast in nogi and learns super quick. I'm sure if he ever dedicates time to gi training he will be tapping out blackbelts in a short amount of time

He just hasn't been graded at his actual ability yet. I bet he loves to show that he is a white belt, makes him feel really special :wink:

I'm the dude who actually took that picture. Jon has been working with our head blackbelt tussa since last feb I believe. Jon has only trained a few times In the gi so tussa won't promote him until he spends more training time in the gi. Jon is an absolute beast in nogi and learns super quick. I'm sure if he ever dedicates time to gi training he will be tapping out blackbelts in a short amount of time

If you are who you say you are, then you can confirm what I said to be true. you can have a guy who is naturally amazing, but he has to grade his way up...unless of course, we are talking about kuk sool won :wink:

Kinda funny how a guy like rogan would probably submit jones in a bjj match but in an actual fight jones would destroy him badly, funny how back when royce gracie was dominating the scene people thought that bjj was the is all end all martial art.

Rogan would not get close to doing such a thing though.

yeh white belt who can sub black belts and can actually do flying triangle and armbar...

he is white belt in GI but no gi he is very good

Next thing we'll hear from you : I'm the Epic Boo Guy

:icon_twis:icon_twis:icon_twis:icon_twis

I don't buy that he is a white belt. Judo black belts often start out in BJJ with a blue belt. I can't imagine Jon at this point not being at least at a purple level.

They start at white, but have to compete at blue.

Not that always do of course, in my last white belt BJJ comp I got submitted by a Judo black who competes for the national judo team.
Never been thrown like that before.

EDIT: Pro MMA fighters have to compete at Blue too, offically.

Last edited:
Next thing we'll hear from you : I'm the Epic Boo Guy

:icon_twis:icon_twis:icon_twis:icon_twis

I'm the manager of Gracie barra New Mexico and have also fought mma out of jacksons mma. You can check my post history in the grappling section for proof.

White belts are so underrated sometimes...

I'm the manager of Gracie barra New Mexico and have also fought mma out of jacksons mma. You can check my post history in the grappling section for proof.

I'm not the Gestapo haha. I was clearly joking , hence the multiple:icon_twis icons

:wink:

Is he still only a white belt?

Anyway, there are many proofs around that you can be a fantastic grappler without being highly ranked the the bjj formal belt system.

Lytle being another example.

That was his Sherdog belt. And it means he's a fuckin' noob who doesn't know anything about MMA.

I been saying this! Jones is on another planet. Name another white belt that chokes out black belt machida or takes legit black belt Vitors arm home? I'm waiting...
There are a large amount of very good grapplers without BJJ ranks. Jones has an awesome skillset, but this isn't an area where he's unique. It's more to do with BJJ belts not being the sole proof of a good grappler.

Fedor, Mighty Mouse, Sakuraba, Hughes. All examples of good MMA grapplers without a BJJ belt. Overeem choked out Belfort, Takase and Chonan subbed Silva. Sakuraba armbarred Conan Silveira.

Let me make it clear for those who don't understand. He DOES train in grappling. He just doesn't do it in a Gi. Some of you make it seem that he doesn't train any grappling and he is just starting his BJJ training right now.

Back