The Best Ever ?

Sorry Bret Hart fans... from a pure work stance and a real wrestling stance he wasnt even the best Hart. Owen, all day.
Historically Bret is way above Owen because of his overall accomplishments but Owen was better in just about everything not related to drawing power.

Sorry Bret Hart fans... from a pure work stance and a real wrestling stance he wasnt even the best Hart. Owen, all day.
Historically Bret is way above Owen because of his overall accomplishments but Owen was better in just about everything not related to drawing power.

Have any solid points as to why?

I hear people say this but haven't seen it myself.

Owen was one of the very very few wrestlers ever who was an expert in all the different styles of wrestling. He could work the rugged Stampede, WWF style, lucha, Japanese strong, brawling, British, High flying and even the European mainland style ( he had a great run in Otto Wanz's CWA. )
Owen could do it all and it was easy for him.
As far as being the better real wrestler, no one disputes this. Owen was the only one who was good enough to have a shot at the Canadian Olympic team and fulfill his Dad's dream of making it in the Olyimpics. Bret was average at amateur wrestling.
Bret's overall body of work makes him the better pro wrestler (drawing ability, mainstream status achieved, titles and accomplishments, etc. ) but I always thought Owen was better.

Last edited:
Mind you this is all subjective.
" A difference of opinion is what allows ugly women to marry and poor real estate to sell."
Btw, old timers ( I mean really old ) say Sonny Myers was the best worker of all time.

" A difference of opinion is what allows ugly women to marry and poor real estate to sell."
Btw, old timers ( I mean really old ) say Sonny Myers was the best worker of all time.

All good Bro, to each their own, we can disagree.

@Batjester

The best eva? That belongs to Phil Baroni.

If we are talking American pro wrestling and based soley on your criteria of in ring work aka wrestling ability, I have Bret Hart easily. Owen could be seen as more entertaining but in the ring, I'd take Bret's work over Owen's any day of the week. Again, it's all down to preference but anyone saying Owen, all I ask is, name the best Owen Hart match or a collection of the best Owen Hart matches and it's a tough one not because he had so many great one but the opposite; he was always solid, very entertaining, great character work but honestly lacked the dedication and desire to be great. It's hard to come up with 5 great Owen Hart matches and any two of those 5 will have Bret in it.

Strictling in ring work for Americans, these are the names that should come up and it's a toss up depending on what one prefers and working with wrestlers with a large catalogue of available matches so mostly from the late 60s until now would be: Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart, Ric Flair, Ray Stevens, Kurt Angle, Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero, Curt Hennig, AJ Styles, Bryan Danielson, Dynamite Kid and Dory Funk Jr (far better from a pure wrestling/ability standpoint than Terry).

PS, nice to see Flow get back in on this. Sonny is an oldie and oft-forgotten pro wrestler due to his lack of flashiness and when he wrestled. For his time period, and he wrestled for 50+ years, he was as solid as there was in the ring, that's for sure and from an athletic standpoint and body, he accomplished far more than one would've ever thought. I know Harley Race thinks the world of him but again, both are from Missouri and spend the bulk of their time there, which Harley coming into pro wrestling while Sonny was at the top of this game.

Last edited:
Wildcat Wendell Cooley
Matt Classic
George Gulas

Owen was one of the very very few wrestlers ever who was an expert in all the different styles of wrestling. He could work the rugged Stampede, WWF style, lucha, Japanese strong, brawling, British, High flying and even the European mainland style ( he had a great run in Otto Wanz's CWA. )
Owen could do it all and it was easy for him.
As far as being the better real wrestler, no one disputes this. Owen was the only one who was good enough to have a shot at the Canadian Olympic team and fulfill his Dad's dream of making it in the Olyimpics. Bret was average at amateur wrestling.
Bret's overall body of work makes him the better pro wrestler (drawing ability, mainstream status achieved, titles and accomplishments, etc. ) but I always thought Owen was better.

Bret didnt draw flies to shit

tenor.gif

www.dailymotion.com/video/x2yvgi5
My favorite Owen match. Damn near perfect match that showed his versatility. Also he had great matches with Hase, Liger, Canek, Dynamite, Finlay, Benoit, etc.
The match with Davey Boy though.....

Confused by your question. Who's the best wrestler? Or who's the best wrassler? I guess you could argue Kurt Angle either way.

its 2019 and Bret harts work still stands up today, I know a lot of people will say theres been better since but its brets attention to detail in his work its second to none

Everyone wants to suck Owens dick the guy who preformed one of the most careless sitout piledrivers ive ever seen.

Everyone wants to suck Owens dick the guy who preformed one of the most careless sitout piledrivers ive ever seen.

Because he's so full known for his constant fuck ups and stiffness, right? Guy made a mistake, one out of how many high profile matches the man wrestled in...?

Back