The Best Ever ?

genecop

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Never posted in this forum before as I haven’t been a fan of Pro Wrestling since I was a kid, Bruno Samartino and Haystacks Calhoun was my most recent memories...Anyway, today at my wife’s work, Elias a wrestler came in...

This started a discussion between us about who was the greatest wrestler of all time..I’m talking about pure wrestling ability without the marketing and entertainment..

In other words as I understand it people like Brock and Cormier are division 1 wrestlers, this is viewed as the top tier...

So who is the GOAT, thanks..maybe someone a casual like myself never heard of..

Didn't read thread, but bret hart is the best ever.

My top 3

IYH17.gif
SimilarMinorKoodoo-small.gif

tenor.gif

mr-perfect-gif-6.gif

1. Gilberti
2. Smiley
3. Arquette

Joey Ryan
Priscilla Kelly
That tea bag guy

Shawn the heart break kid michaels

For pure Work Rate, guys like Bret Hart, Shawn Micheals, Kurt Hennig, Kenny Omega, Kazuchika Okada, AJ Styles, Brian Danielson, Tatsumi Fujinami, Eddie Guerrero, Jushin Thunder Liger, Chris Jericho, Ricky Steamboat, Randy Savage(frankly this list could go on for a long long time and i'm definitely missing a bunch) all have claims to incredible workmanship. If you're factoring in overness and/or charisma it definitely changes the question.

Pure wrestling ability- Bret Hart.

John Cena and Roman Reigns tied for 1st.

Bret for skill
The Rock for mic work

Angle for best all around.

Misawa, literally nobody comes close. We're talking raw ability in the ring, he could do it all.

Hulk Hogan
hulk-hogan-backstroke-wwf-wrestling-swimming-1356306228Z.gif

Bret Hart
TerribleIncompatibleCapeghostfrog-size_restricted.gif

Stone Cold
tumblr_mwyoh0wu5W1qh6swzo1_250.gif

Randy Savage
tumblr_m94ya358eZ1r324lio1_400.gif

Honorable mention: Shawn Michaels
giphy.gif

Honorable mention: Ric Flair

tenor.gif

ric-flair-4-horsemen-woooooo.gif

ric-flair-4-horsemen-woooooo.gif

Last edited:
Trying to get a proper handle on the question. If you are talking about who is the best real wrestler them Kurt is my answer.
Gold medals dont lie. They might fib a little bit but they dont lie. But that doesnt make him the best shooter, just the best wrestler ( although Danny Hodge and Tim Woods were great.)
Guys like Lou Thesz, Karl Gotch, John Pesek, Ad Santel, Billy Robinson, etc. were feared shooters.
Mad Dog Vachon in his prime might have able to take anyone, and I mean anyone including Meng in a no holds barred fight.

Back