The Best Electronic Dance Music that Launched in the 90's

theycallitMurda

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Obviously, electric dance had been on the rise since the 70's, but these was the pioneers of electronic dance music in the 90's which really boosted that music genre to mainstream in my opinion.

My favourite has got to be the Prodigy. But anyway, here's some tunes of all listed:

Last edited:
Nice to see some Prodigy in there.

'Lords Of Acid' deserve a mention as well.

Hard to choose. At the time, I was listening to The Prodigy and The Chemical Brothers more, but more recently I've gotten really into Autechre.

This track, one of my favourites of theirs, is from 1995.

Clipper

Hard to choose. At the time, I was listening to The Prodigy and The Chemical Brothers more, but more recently I've gotten really into Autechre.

This track, one of my favourites of theirs, is from 1995.

Clipper

Great contribution, love Autechre.

Also, Leftfield were great as well.

Autechre and Aphex Twin and it's not even close. There was some nice ambient as well, like Pete Namlook and his projects (owner of Fax Records), Higher Intelligence Agency, Biosphere, Omikron and all those guys from Instinct Ambient.
My favorite is in fact Boards of Canada. Although they formed in the 80's, they started releasing albums in the 90's.

Last edited:
I can't pick, all of those have brought so much into electronic music. PvD's For an Angel got me into electronic music as a kid and I've never looked back. Chemical Brothers is one of my all time favorites and I'd say it's one of the most listened band/act for me. Prodigy is, well Prodigy. Good list, everyone of those options have their own distinct style, which makes choosing even harder. I could go on on, so I'll add something.

Went with The Prodigy, and I expect them to win the poll, but Massive Attack is a close second for me. Mezzanine is one of the GREATEST ALBUMS OF ALL TIME!

(not from Mezzanine but one of my favorites)

As far as bands, I think The Prodigy, Underworld and Orbital are top of the list. Best track launched in the nineties though, would have to be:
[YT]sIp1YFUuIEk[/YT]

Back