The best description of Elias Theodorous game you'll ever hear

Verace

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
This is from the 6th round post show.

I gotta give it to Zane and Eddie. They coined Elias style perfectly.

"- Elias Theodorou, the person, is fun. Elias Theodorou, the figther? Not fun at all! Not gonna lie, hes not a lot of fun to watch. He is a decisioner. All he does is go to decision and they are not like, cool decisions either, they are not epic wars.
- Elias has figured out how to break the game of fighting without actually being good at any of the parts of fighting. He knows what scores points and instead of doing it through technique or damage, he just plays the game. At all different stages and parts of the fight.
- He stays really controlled and tight defensively, he counters stuff and avoids getting taken down. But he isnt particularly good at anything specially. There isnt any offensive part where you can say "oh but he is a brilliant this or that".... except he's a brilliant point scorer
- He just knows how to score more points than his opponents without really doing anything. Its like he is playing a game of tag. A high stakes game of tag.
- Its not the idea of fighting, its the idea of winning in mma. Its the best way to completely remove the fight from the fight and still be a sporting competition"

Last edited:
"Dude's a fuckin' Sport-Killer"
<{danayeah}>

That's true, all his spinning attacks only seem to have the purpose to get somehow a hit in while being able to move his face and frontal body away from the opponent.

I first thought he doesn't react well being hit, but he ate some legit shots without serious problems.

He reminds me of CM Punk, except he’s miraculously won fights..

The man is an anomaly...

He's like the dude in high school that has the look and all the right stuff until you see him in PE class.

The guy looks slow as shit and often has his chin straight up. He’s also frequently off balance from his kicks. But for whatever reason, guys seem to really hesitate against him like he has big power or something. It’s very bizarre.

"Dude's a fuckin' Sport-Killer"
<{danayeah}>

agreed....guys like him would literally destroy all of mma...nobody wants to see that sort of fighting...he's being paid to fight and entertain people...he does neither...so glad brunson whooped his ass...totally eliminating him from any top fights...honestly, I can't understand why he's even in the ufc...he needs to fight some place else and actually fight....learn some submissions...plant your feet and throw some strikes...instead of just non stop running...

The guy looks slow as shit and often has his chin straight up. He’s also frequently off balance from his kicks. But for whatever reason, guys seem to really hesitate against him like he has big power or something. It’s very bizarre.

I think it's his constant movement...but brunson, even though he's no world beater, showed just how inept theodore is...

His overhand backfist is the deadliest strike I’ve ever seen

It’s true. He’s not UFC level. It’s a fkn joke.

I think it's his constant movement...but brunson, even though he's no world beater, showed just how inept theodore is...

This is probably it but he’s very open to counters and open after he throws a missed kick as he slowly and blindly turns around off balance. Surprised he hasn’t been put on his ass yet.

He's sloppy as fuck and no one can even do anything about it. They basically have to accept that in order to beat Elias, they have to look shitty doing so.

This is probably it but he’s very open to counters and open after he throws a missed kick as he slowly and blindly turns around off balance. Surprised he hasn’t been put on his ass yet.

that is surprising...but I think sometimes a guy just has this weird ability to avoid getting hit...but ya, he does seem open for pretty much any counter...didn't theodore beat mike perry? I seem to remember theodore looking a bit better in that fight...though he still ran his ass off...just that perry is too plodding...

It's like he's playing a flag football version of MMA.

Elias has a "water on duck feathers" striking style, where absolutely everything he throws harmlessly rolls off his opponents.

that is surprising...but I think sometimes a guy just has this weird ability to avoid getting hit...but ya, he does seem open for pretty much any counter...didn't theodore beat mike perry? I seem to remember theodore looking a bit better in that fight...though he still ran his ass off...just that perry is too plodding...

I believe you are mixing him up with Alan Jouban, friend.

For me, he is just more reason why I believe MMA still has a long way to go. MMA is still at a stage where a durable guy with minimal skills can be a dominant champion. As the sport refines itself, we will see less and less of fighters like Elias. At that is what I am hoping for.

Back