The Best Budget Gi of 2013 - A Review by GiReviews.Net

TheBJJProfessor

Brown Belt
Reaction score

I think this might become the best budget gi of 2013 and surpass even the mighty Fuji single weave in terms of value.

What do you think?

Its Jan 19th. LOL

What about Fuji v2

I know, man! Bold prediction for sure. What's the price point for the Fuji v2?

How good is the fuji single weave? Cause I am in the market for a gi. I just started doing bjj and I was barrowing my buddies gi for a bit. But I am on a low budget haha.

How good is the fuji single weave? Cause I am in the market for a gi. I just started doing bjj and I was barrowing my buddies gi for a bit. But I am on a low budget haha.

The fuji single weave is a pretty good gi as well. I think that I prefer the core gi because it's a pearl weave and the pant drawstring is a bit better.

They're both roughly the same price at mma outlet, so it's a bit of a toss up with regard to price.

The fuji single weave is a pretty good gi as well. I think that I prefer the core gi because it's a pearl weave and the pant drawstring is a bit better.

They're both roughly the same price at mma outlet, so it's a bit of a toss up with regard to price.

Ya the only problem that I saw was they don't have any A3's for the size selection :(

I took the advice of this forum and purchased the Core Gi. Overall I consider it a good value. Sleeve and pant length are just right after wash and dry (med heat). Only two small cons on the Gi. The junction at the chest/deltoid area has bunched up a little more than most Gis I have worn or seen, and it doesn't breathe as well as my others (Vulcan ultra, Gtma double, OTM SLC). After about 20 training sessions the gi has held up well and not stretched. The sleeve openings are fairly tapered and have not lost their shape. I am 6'1.5 190lbs (for those interested in sizing)and purchased an A3. The $70 price tag, lack of bling, and quick delivery left me very satisfied with my purchase.

disclaimer
The fact that I dyed the Gi burgundy might be contributing to diminished ventilation, but in my experience I consider it unlikely.

damn i'm going to have to offer a 30-40% coupon code on our club gold weave. just to be in the running until our new ultra lights come in sometime this fall.

Very budget and great value is the sale deal at strike fightwear also. A lightweight, lot bling and i like em much. But only sizes a1 and a2 left.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back