The best athlete in the UFC working out with NFL player

D 1 Wrestler

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Not only does 200lb walk around weight woodley look like a child next to this guy, he looks slow and uncoordinated doing the agility drills and johnson fake trips and still jogs past him in the sprint. Really gives you a good comparison of UFC elite vs NFL elite.

Also cardio machine woodley is sucking wind after one short sprint while johnson doesn't look tired. So gives you some take on NFL endurance levels, which are completely unknown since they are never measured. People say NFL players do nothing but run for a few seconds then take a break, not realizing that 100% all out sprint repeated is extremely endurance reliant.

Here is johnson doing agility drills for comparison

I see no CM Punk in this thread? I am confused.

Anyone who even has Woodley in the same category as DJ as far as athleticism goes is just stupid.

Then again, he's also doing the drills that the bigger dude is used to doing.

Plus old.

Then again, he's also doing the drills that the bigger dude is used to doing.

Plus old.

it's old but relevant now with A level Greg Hardy getting invited to the UFC, the drills are just lifting your legs up and putting them down, that's just basic agility, it's not some football specific thing.

These trials are so dumb, might aswell put the nfl player in a wrestling class and see how outclasses he is, or put him in the octagon to see how he throws a punch and takes one. Obviously the guy that needs to do these drills because it directly translates to his game will be better and vice versa.

Lets compare Woodley to a rugby player and have him do rugby trials. He'll obviously lose...

"LEL, he is an E class athlete..."

Tyron Woodley is a great fighter and the only threat for him now is Darren Till imo.

Holy balls, batman! Sports agility is SPORTS specific?

giphy.gif

These trials are so dumb, might aswell put the nfl player in a wrestling class and see how outclasses he is, or put him in the octagon to see how he throws a punch and takes one. Obviously the guy that needs to do these drills because it directly translates to his game will be better and vice versa.

Lets compare Woodley to a rugby player and have him do rugby trials. He'll obviously lose...

"LEL, he is an E class athlete..."
because the trails are not football specific they are basic athleticism tests. agility, speed, strength. Nothing about vertical jump, broad jump or 40-yard dash is applicable only to NFL and none of them require any specific training or knowledge

It's the guy like 10 years younger than Woodley?

Let's have a 37 year old NFL player do BJJ drills with Ortega!

Last edited:
Holy balls, batman! Sports agility is SPORTS specific?

giphy.gif

in what way is sprinting or high knees sport specific it's basic agility. What agility test would woodley beat this guy in? probably nothing, he's a better athlete in every way imaginable.

because the trails are not football specific they are basic athleticism tests. agility, speed, strength. Nothing about vertical jump, broad jump or 40-yard dash is applicable only to NFL and none of them require any specific training or knowledge
Are you serious? NFL players do those specific drills and tests to get better at them. They consistently do 40 yard dashes, and train their vertical and broad jumps before the combine...

Are you talking out ya ass? Just youtube the videos and you'll see thousands.

but those are all thing you drill in football day in day out, even though they are not specific.
in what way is sprinting or high knees sport specific it's basic agility. What agility test would woodley beat this guy in? probably nothing, he's a better athlete in every way imaginable.

Probably looks like a girl, when throwing a punch.

Not only does 200lb walk around weight woodley look like a child next to this guy, he looks slow and uncoordinated doing the agility drills and johnson fake trips and still jogs past him in the sprint. Really gives you a good comparison of UFC elite vs NFL elite.

Also cardio machine woodley is sucking wind after one short sprint while johnson doesn't look tired. So gives you some take on NFL endurance levels, which are completely unknown since they are never measured. People say NFL players do nothing but run for a few seconds then take a break, not realizing that 100% all out sprint repeated is extremely endurance reliant.

Here is johnson doing agility drills for comparison

Kevin Lee works out with the NFL?

MMA Fans are constantly bashing their own sports. whats up with that?

Tell me - how often do MMA fighters actually sprint in MMA? How often does a running back sprint? Who the fuck does high knees for MMA?

Woodley would probably school him in any drill that involves taking people down (there's many of them), or hitting stuff.

Holy shit it's almost like I restated my point for an obstinate moron. I guess the Fry gif wasn't enough.

Tell me - how often do MMA fighters actually sprint in MMA? How often does a running back sprint? Who the fuck does high knees for MMA?

Woodley would probably school him in any drill that involves taking people down (there's many of them), or hitting stuff.

Holy shit it's almost like I restated my point for an obstinate moron. I guess the Fry gif wasn't enough.
taking people down and hitting people are not agility drills. The agility drills we did in wrestling were shuttle runs and plyometric workouts to work on our explosiveness and quickness, no different than what the football players were doing down the hall

Are you serious? NFL players do those specific drills and tests to get better at them. They consistently do 40 yard dashes, and train their vertical and broad jumps before the combine...

Are you talking out ya ass? Just youtube the videos and you'll see thousands.
Thank you.

Back