The Bellator Summer/Fall 2020 signings blitz!

Ray Borg has pulled out of retirement. Do you think they should take a punt on adding him to the BW division? Good fighter with a bit of name recognition, but also a bit unreliable.

He has to much talent for Bellator, to much talent!

Maybe next time Bellator can sign Fedors brother. I mean yes he is convicted but has some talent before his loss against Magomed Ismailov
Are him and Fedor on speaking terms?

I know nothing about the guy, other than he comes from a respected camp and is adding depth to their LHW division. I'm assuming him, along with other guys from the Pitbull camp (Patricky, Mattos, Pitbull, Higo), will be fighting in November in the Pitbull vs Carvalho event. Due to the travel restrictions, it makes sense to book them all on the same event or in close dates.

I know nothing about the guy, other than he comes from a respected camp and is adding depth to their LHW division. I'm assuming him, along with other guys from the Pitbull camp (Patricky, Mattos, Pitbull, Higo), will be fighting in November in the Pitbull vs Carvalho event. Due to the travel restrictions, it makes sense to book them all on the same event or in close dates.
Yup sucks to see he didn’t get to the DWCS and subsequently the UFC. Would’ve been nice to have at least one Pitbull fighter there. But Bellator’s LHW is growing quickly. Hopefully this guy is good.

Are him and Fedor on speaking terms?

They are not talking on each other, but my point is : Record,achievements and name. Aleksander Emelianenko has that and not Pitbulls brother.

If Bellator are going to do more nepotism signing why not let Scott Cokers son to fight or perhaps Fedor daughter?

They are not talking on each other, but my point is : Record,achievements and name. Aleksander Emelianenko has that and not Pitbulls brother.

If Bellator are going to do more nepotism signing why not let Scott Cokers son to fight or perhaps Fedor daughter?

Aleks would never be allowed into the US, I doubt they'd sign him based on that alone.

What records or achievements does Aleksander have, though? His best win is against Sergei almost 15 years ago. He only has the Emelianenko last name and was fun to watch but never established himself as a top contender even. He just mooched off Fedor's popularity.
The comparison to the Pitbull brothers makes no sense.

What records or achievements does Aleksander have, though? His best win is against Sergei almost 15 years ago. He only has the Emelianenko last name and was fun to watch but never established himself as a top contender even. He just mooched off Fedor's popularity.
The comparison to the Pitbull brothers makes no sense.

Plus he's a convicted rapist, which is going to cause issues with any chance of fighting for a US based organisation.

They're going for it again

Kennedy I think is a good signing and adds something to an already good FW division.

Teed I think is an okay HW that comes to bang, not UFC quality but okay.

Scoggins is good, but I think they've fallen into the trap of signing boring fighters the UFC don't want here. His last fight was fucking awful to watch.

They're going for it again

Kennedy I think is a good signing and adds something to an already good FW division.

Teed I think is an okay HW that comes to bang, not UFC quality but okay.

Scoggins is good, but I think they've fallen into the trap of signing boring fighters the UFC don't want here. His last fight was fucking awful to watch.

I agree 100%.
Kennedy adds depth to that division, which is already close to being on par with the UFC's. They are not great but they are very decent signings.
The HW division needs a lot of depth for their prospects. Teed is basically a sacrificial lamb for Mowry, but at the same time is a very good step up in competition for Mowry.
Scoggins is boring but adds depth to the BW division that is in dire need for depth.

Ali said he had big news about Usman Nurmagomedov, could he have signed with Bellator, too? That would be an amazing signing for BW.

These signings look more like signings for adding depth. If they could get Jack Carthwright, Usman Nurmagomedov, or Kerimov they would add BIG contenders to their BW division. Vartanyan, Shabily, Jones would be the great additions as contenders in LW. Hugo Cunha at HW would be a big contender, too.

Ali said he had big news about Usman Nurmagomedov, could he have signed with Bellator, too? That would be an amazing signing for BW.

Usman is a LW, I very much doubt he would go anywhere other than the UFC.

These signings look more like signings for adding depth. If they could get Jack Carthwright, Usman Nurmagomedov, or Kerimov they would add BIG contenders to their BW division. Vartanyan, Shabily, Jones would be the great additions as contenders in LW. Hugo Cunha at HW would be a big contender, too.

From what I've heard/read from these dudes...

I don't think they have any chance at all with Jones, Cartwright or Kerimov, I think these guys only have eyes for the UFC. Kerimov turned down a big offer from Rizin. I noticed Mustafaev fell out of his fight with Gamrot for Fight Island and I wouldn't be shocked if Mason got offered that and he'd be crazy enough to take it.

The other guys I think would prefer UFC also, but I haven't outright heard them say that.

Usman is a LW, I very much doubt he would go anywhere other than the UFC.
Yes, you are right. I got confused with the other Nurmagomedov cousin, Umar. But yes, Usman is the best of the Nurmagomedov clan, not named Khabib.

Last edited:
From what I've heard/read from these dudes...

I don't think they have any chance at all with Jones, Cartwright or Kerimov, I think these guys only have eyes for the UFC. Kerimov turned down a big offer from Rizin. I noticed Mustafaev fell out of his fight with Gamrot for Fight Island and I wouldn't be shocked if Mason got offered that and he'd be crazy enough to take it.

The other guys I think would prefer UFC also, but I haven't outright heard them say that.
Well, lets be honest, all fighters would much rather go to the UFC than to Bellator or RIZIN or PFL or ONE or whatever. Most of these, exciting prospects talk about their dream being UFC champs, but if the UFC skips them to sign regional dudes for 12k/12k then they need to start re-thinking their future. Because the UFC is signing only 12k/12k dudes at the moment and I'm assuming these guys are not crazy about losing money to get into the UFC.
I'm assuming the UFC has approached some of these fighters, like they did with Tofiq Musayev, but they are offering shit contracts, at the end of the day the UFC does not need them. I'm sure the UFC would love to have Mason Jones, he is a double champ, but I really doubt they will be making a 40k/40k offer or anything of the sort. This is way I wouldnt be surprised to see them signing with other promotions. Although, if Jones is not used as the replacement for the Gamrot fight, and instead they use whatever other scrub I will be shocked.
Fight Island is going on right now, many of these Eastern European fighters, like Shabily, Kerimov, Vartanyan, etc would be a perfect fit but I'm assuming they arent offering much.

Well, lets be honest, all fighters would much rather go to the UFC than to Bellator or RIZIN or PFL or ONE or whatever. Most of these, exciting prospects talk about their dream being UFC champs, but if the UFC skips them to sign regional dudes for 12k/12k then they need to start re-thinking their future. Because the UFC is signing only 12k/12k dudes at the moment and I'm assuming these guys are not crazy about losing money to get into the UFC.
I'm assuming the UFC has approached some of these fighters, like they did with Tofiq Musayev, but they are offering shit contracts, at the end of the day the UFC does not need them. I'm sure the UFC would love to have Mason Jones, he is a double champ, but I really doubt they will be making a 40k/40k offer or anything of the sort. This is way I wouldnt be surprised to see them signing with other promotions. Although, if Jones is not used as the replacement for the Gamrot fight, and instead they use whatever other scrub I will be shocked.
Fight Island is going on right now, many of these Eastern European fighters, like Shabily, Kerimov, Vartanyan, etc would be a perfect fit but I'm assuming they arent offering much.

No but some guys will take a lower initial deal with the UFC thinking they'll make more in the long run I think. They also signed Khamzat to the basic contract and I'm thinking his next time one will be significantly better.

Back