Movies Matt Reeves' THE BATMAN v.3 (First Look at Robert Pattinson as Bruce Wayne; Official Logo Revealed)

How do you feel about Robert Pattinson as the new Batman

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hollywood always turns actors into super muscled dudes. If not, they make these fake muscle Halloween costumes these days.

Nope, impossible, can't be done. His name isn't Chris.
maxresdefault.jpg

1146x650xchris-pratt-transformation.jpg.pagespeed.ic_.MAjUtL4wy81.jpg

christian-bale-gets-super-buff-christian-bale-becomes-the-dark-knight-reskin-2-700xh.jpg

cap-before-and-after.jpg

Thw twilight guy is the new Batman, wonderful.

If affleck was around he’d pass it down to nightwing. Nightwing isn’t batman, it’s technixally robin who takes the mantle.

Yeah but no one wants to see a movie about Nightwing or Robin when Batman is the big name.

I'm an OG MCU fan boy. There was no real controversy among the fans about RDJ playing Tony Stark, because Iron Man back then, hard though it is to believe now, was strictly B List. It may have been a controversial casting decision in the industry due to RDJ's problems with drugs and booze, but the fans didn't really care.

Same applies to Evans and Hemsworth. I never heard any major complaints about them getting the roles. Pratt was a strange choice at the time, mainly because his most high-profile role until then was a fat guy in a comedy show. But so few people at that point had heard of the Guardians of the Galaxy - even I had to Google them before the movie came out - that again, no one really cared.

Holland was a slam-dunk right from the start, partly because he looked young enough to convincingly play a Peter Parker who's still in high school.
There’s no real controversy with Pattinson either, based on the poll you can see it’s a loud minority. My point is there’s always someone complaining. Heck people complained about Nicholson as the Joker.

I think the only comic book film casting decision that instantly made sense for 99.9% of people was Patrick Stewart.

That last one is a joke, right?

True story.

I was talking about the MCU with an ex girlfriend years ago, and Captain America: First Avenger came up. She asked me if the buff Chris Evans was CGI cos she thought the puny Chris Evans was the real one. She didn't know.

And FTR my physique is waaay closer (basically spot on but smaller pecs) to buff Chris Evans than puny CE, so no thats not why she didnt know what a buff physique looks like for real

Last week, fans were shocked and outraged that Robert Pattinson was reportedly the frontrunner to take the mantle of the Caped Crusader in Matt Reeves' The Batman which is said to feature a much younger Batman in a detective-noir driven story.

If this means that the next trilogy is based on The Long Halloween, then it has the potential to be very good.

Not saying that it will be, but the potential is there.

Matt Reeves is such an interesting story. He begins his directing career with some film called Future Shock in 1993 (no idea), and follows it up with the Pallbearer (some lame dramedy starring Ross from Friends). Goes twelve years now without a release.

2008, he (the studio) releases his third directed film, Cloverfield. Not amazing, but visually and as a collective undertaking, just a massive and almost mind blowing step up in work.

He follows this up just two years later with Let Me In, a beautifully directed suspense/thriller/semi-horror film that was just excellently paced, wonderfully acted and showed now a director who was extremely comfortable in high level cinematography. The film manages to balance an offbeat sort of love story (with a final act twist) with elements of the angst of growing up and dips into a primal, dark underworld. The camera work is perfect.

He then follows that up with the second and third Planet of the Ape films. I loved both. As blockbuster type films go, they showed a deep.substance of heart and character development (from CGI map-overs, no less) and were really just masterful undertakings of big budget accent extravaganzas with dark narrative tones and rich emotional context.

Six films, from rom-com to Hollywood elite. Really something to behold. I'm not as excited as I was when Nolan took over the franchise, but once again I'm actually looking forward to what becomes of it, having been returned to capable hands.

True story.

I was talking about the MCU with an ex girlfriend years ago, and Captain America: First Avenger came up. She asked me if the buff Chris Evans was CGI cos she thought the puny Chris Evans was the real one. She didn't know.

And FTR my physique is waaay closer (basically spot on but smaller pecs) to buff Chris Evans than puny CE, so no thats not why she didnt know what a buff physique looks like for real

Your ex-GF is either really stupid or made up.

People talked shit about Affleck and now most dont even want him to leave. Hopefully Robert does a good job and gets jacked up. Takes some TRT or hangs out with Jones and lets him hook him up with some Tbol.

Never really discussed him, myself - Batman vs Superman was awful, and I didn't even bother to watch that Justice League release as it looked like utter shit. Affleck was basically Clooney, without the tongue-in-cheek-comedy-drenched performance - just completely irrelevent and mostly forgettable.

3cd8a33a.png

This just breaks my heart...
Screw DC, screw WB.

My general reaction to hearing that pattinson would be batman: I don't like it, but he could surprise me, so I'll give him a chance. I do hope he puts on some weight, though. I don't want a slender pretty boy batman.

To me it all comes to whether Robert can expunge his soyboy cuckness. If yes, he may be good because he is a capable actor. We will see.

Do you have some suggestions?

The Rover (as a borderline retarded American criminal in post-apocalyptic Australia, with Guy Pearce, from the director of Animal Kingdom)

Damsel (as a somewhat unhinged gentleman cowboy in a weird Old West comedy-drama, with Mia Wasikowska)

Cosmopolis (as a nihilist wunderkind business mogul in a David Cronenberg arthouse adaptation of the Don DeLillo book)

Maps to the Stars(as a Hollywood parasite limo driver in another Cronenberg art film)

Lost City of Z (as an explorer alongside Charlie Hunnam in the mediocre Amazon exploration movie - the film is only ok, but Pattinson is a standout)

I haven't seen High Life or Good Time yet, but apparently they are two of his best performances.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back