THE BATMAN v.2 (Robert Pattinson and Nicholas Hoult Screen Testing in Costume)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure he's too short, but I guess Vegas odds makers have Kit Harriton (Jon Snow Game of Thrones) pretty high up their list

I would like to see any of the following

Karl Urban
Ben Mendelsohn- I like everything he is in
Sean Bean
Kyle Chandler
Clint Eastwood
Zachary Quinto
Jeremy Irons

Batman's just a fucking suit, a stunt double and fight choreography.

The question is which actor is best suited to play Bruce Wayne. Christian Bale got some parts right, as did Affleck. But I've yet to see Hollywood cast someone who can 100% positively nail both the brooding, reticent intellectual and the public persona of the gregarious, charismatic playboy.

To be fair, Bale probably would've nailed it if the script and direction had been better. Nolan's just too dark to get the charismatic playboy aspect. That skinny dipping in the hotel pool scene in BB was trying too hard cringe bad.

To be fair, Bale probably would've nailed it if the script and direction had been better. Nolan's just too dark to get the charismatic playboy aspect. That skinny dipping in the hotel pool scene in BB was trying too hard cringe bad.
I thought Bale nailed Bruce Wayne better than most movie versions, especially in THE DARK KNIGHT, but at the same time I kinda agree that some of his Bruce moments were cringe inducing. It's kind of the point to make Bruce come off like a vapid, aggressively-annoying trustfund baby. Is that what you mean, or something else?

I thought Bale nailed Bruce Wayne better than most movie versions, especially in THE DARK KNIGHT, but at the same time I kinda agree that some of his Bruce moments were cringe inducing. It's kind of the point to make Bruce come off like a vapid, aggressively-annoying trustfund baby. Is that what you mean, or something else?
Bale bothered me as Wayne, in ways he never bothered me as actor before. Maybe it's the way his mouth moves for his American accent , but it looks like he has dentures or something. Those off colour veneers were distracting. I hate that I notice stupid shit like that.
Bale-Teeth.jpg

Keaton is still my fav Batman/Wayne!
Michael-Keaton-89-92-Batman-tony-stark-vs-bruce-wayne-35399080-342-420.jpg

Adam West a close second, if only for the comedy and the fact I grew up with him
giphy.gif

Think outside the box. I’m looking at you Andy Garcia.

I really hated Bale's Bruce Wayne.

felt he was truly awkward and uncomfortable in that role but he nailed Batman. I thought Affleck portrayed a far more confident and better Wayne but was not as good as Batman.

RDJ for Batman now his contract with Marvel is coming to an end.

lol. Just kidding. Give us Keaton as old man Batman. And make him ruthless.

Bale bothered me as Wayne, in ways he never bothered me as actor before. Maybe it's the way his mouth moves for his American accent , but it looks like he has dentures or something. Those off colour veneers were distracting. I hate that I notice stupid shit like that.
View attachment 526967
Those fucking teef!

I had noticed them only when he was Batman, so in my head I'm quickly thinking, "OHHHHH, those teeth (like the STUPID voice) are a disguise! He's further disguising himself [/delusion]!!"
IMG-2046.jpg

But no. No it's just Bale-teef.

Still his scene versus Harvey at the restaurant is the best invoking of the character for me.
HollowMediocreIrishredandwhitesetter-size_restricted.gif

felt he was truly awkward and uncomfortable in that role but he nailed Batman. I thought Affleck portrayed a far more confident and better Wayne but was not as good as Batman.
That's interesting. I usually hear the opposite thing: Affleck = great fight scenes/bored and puffy Wayne

Those fucking teef!

I had noticed them only when he was Batman, so in my head I'm quickly thinking, "OHHHHH, those teeth (like the STUPID voice) are a disguise! He's further disguising himself [/delusion]!!"
IMG-2046.jpg

But no. No it's just Bale-teef.

Still his scene versus Harvey at the restaurant is the best invoking of the character for me.
HollowMediocreIrishredandwhitesetter-size_restricted.gif

That's interesting. I usually hear the opposite thing: Affleck = great fight scenes/bored and puffy Wayne
I cannot Bale's Wayne being a stud with the ladies other than blatant gold diggers. He was awkward as hell and not a smooth billionaire at all.

I could totally see Affleck's Wayne intriguing Gal Gadot's WW. He had that Tony Stark confidence.

diana-and-bruce.0.0.jpg

2EzN.gif

19cover1.jpg

4OWZ.gif

It's kind of the point to make Bruce come off like a vapid, aggressively-annoying trustfund baby. Is that what you mean, or something else?

Actually, that's my problem. Admittedly, I'm a fucking comic book nerd through and through, but the public persona of the Bruce Wayne I grew up with was not a caricature of trustfund frat brat. And he wasn't stupid or vapid either. He was the public face of a multi-billion dollar company who was adept at handling media, politicians and suits. And he ran that company. He wasn't falling asleep at business negotiations. His public persona was that of a charming, roguish playboy who was prone to irresponsible reckless behavior that was perfectly understandable in light of his family tragedy. It was carefully crafted so the public would believe he actually ran WayneCorp and also not make the connection to him being the Batman. Kind of like Roger Moore; no one would ever think that dude was a badass super-spy...

Where they absolutely fucking nailed it was in BB where Wayne is playing golf in the office with the secretary when he first returns to WayneCorp which perfectly sets up the last bit in the limo where he takes back control of his company.

Dark Knight... ugh. TDKR even worse.

View attachment 526967

Keaton is still my fav Batman/Wayne!
Michael-Keaton-89-92-Batman-tony-stark-vs-bruce-wayne-35399080-342-420.jpg

Adam West a close second, if only for the comedy and the fact I grew up with him
giphy.gif

How to save the DCEU.

Step 1: Keep backing big trucks full of money up to the Lord of the Wings' house until he agrees to play Batman again.

Step 2: Lock Keaton in a gym for six months. With a year's supply of TRT and top of the line personal trainers and martial arts instructors.

Step 3: Film The Dark Knight Returns almost exactly as it is written. Use the comic as your story board.

Step 4: Sit back and watch the box office takings smash records, while working on your Oscar acceptance speech.

Last edited:
I cannot Bale's Wayne being a stud with the ladies other than blatant gold diggers. He was awkward as hell and not a smooth billionaire at all.

I could totally see Affleck's Wayne intriguing Gal Gadot's WW. He had that Tony Stark confidence.
Being a smooth operator is a very interesting criterion. So it ruined Bale for you? Was it one thing of many?

Who are your prime contenders, since Affleck is no longer available?

Actually, that's my problem. Admittedly, I'm a fucking comic book nerd through and through, but the public persona of the Bruce Wayne I grew up with was not a caricature of trustfund frat brat. And he wasn't stupid or vapid either. He was the public face of a multi-billion dollar company who was adept at handling media, politicians and suits. And he ran that company. He wasn't falling asleep at business negotiations. His public persona was that of a charming, roguish playboy who was prone to irresponsible reckless behavior that was perfectly understandable in light of his family tragedy. It was carefully crafted so the public would believe he actually ran WayneCorp and also not make the connection to him being the Batman. Kind of like Roger Moore; no one would ever think that dude was a badass super-spy...

Where they absolutely fucking nailed it was in BB where Wayne is playing golf in the office with the secretary when he first returns to WayneCorp which perfectly sets up the last bit in the limo where he takes back control of his company.

My favorite Batman will always been Frank Miller's Batman. Being also a huge comic book fan I've grown accustomed to appreciating different characterizations because, after all, Miller's Batman is a psychopath. I can see how framing Bruce Wayne as a playboy is something better off mentioned rather than depicted because, as you say, seeing him act like a putz cheapens the character. We would like our Bruce Wayne to be like Batman, in that at the end of things he always sneakily comes out on top. It doesn't work as well if the "playboy" scenes resolve themselves without Batman/Bruce's supremacy intact. He seems neutered, or as we like to say these days "cucked."

I can't think of many times where the comic book portrayed Bruce as a dufus without somehow mitigating it. YEAR ONE has him acting like a douche in front of Gordon, but the farce is quickly buried inside both the Gordon infidelity sub-plot and the quick reveal that Batman is closely observing the situation in juxtaposition to the previous bit where Bruce acts the opposite.

IMG-2047.jpg

It took me a while to like Bale in the role, to be okay with what he and Nolan were going for, and it's definitely his Bruce I prefer over his Batman. That being said, I recently re-watched TDK and it never struck me before just how much Maggie Gyllenhaal is channeling Katie Holmes. She's putting a lot of the same smoky marble-mouth quality on her line delivery. It's almost a CAPOTE-level lisp by comparison to her usual timbre.

Exactly how i feel.

If you want someone to suspect Clark Kent is not really a reporter and its just a cover for something even if they do not know what. Make him seem not good at his job or capable.

If you want someone to suspect Diane Prince is more then her day job, make her not good at her day job.

The best way for a cover to be accepted by others is if the person is good at a cover. You want a spy, for instance to be able to blend in with his infiltration, whatever that is. Not to look awkward and out of place and like he is pretending his way thru the job.

I mean, Hammer was meant to be him all those years back in the cancelled George Miller Justice League film so, would be oddly poetic.

Lots of people are saying it’s not true. Oh well we will see soon enough. Honestly every single name I’ve heard is a hard “meh” from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back