The balanced berserker

Valhoven

Parliament of Will
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Reaction score
Any fighters you boys can recall whose style is to flurry or throw caution to wind but reel the inner bear back in once it gets out?

Seems a counterintuitive style of contest because to "stand and bang" or "hunt down come hell or high water" peers inconsistently with the offensive measure of a counterstriker or tactician's endgame, but combat sport isn't black and white like that.

Thoughts or examples? Fjodor maybe, but am drawing a blank here...and if Wand' comes to mind, you missed the point.

Wanderlei Silva...oh wait I missed the point according to you ;)

keith-jardine_chuck-liddell.gif

Robbie Lawler for sure! He certainly knows how to control himself. And not always go beserker mode. But he also knows the right time to do it!

4.gif

Prime Chuck?
Rampage?

i'm not sure what you really want ts.

Shogun Rua - Controlled chaos
Shogun? I don't know...any bouts in mind that capture this balance? It's also hard for me to view Shogun favourably in much, just not a fan...I will keep an open mind though. ;)

Any fighters you boys can recall whose style is to flurry or throw caution to wind but reel the inner bear back in once it gets out?

Seems a counterintuitive style of contest because to "stand and bang" or "hunt down come hell or high water" peers inconsistently with the offensive measure of a counterstriker or tactician's endgame, but combat sport isn't black and white like that.

Thoughts or examples? Fjodor maybe, but am drawing a blank here...and if Wand' comes to mind, you missed the point.

Don Frye & Takayama

Althought not in one fight, I think Overeem has done a good job of going from berserker to more balanced over the course of his last few fights.

Now he's precisoreem. Last berserker I remember from him ended in a Browne-toe to the chin!

Does Hunt gameplan though? I get all the "in-your-face Wand" responses but those guys don't switch gears, if you will. Love stand-and-bang as much as the next guy but not what I am going for here...

Back