The Avengers Quadrilogy vs. The Dark Knight Trilogy

Which is better?

• Total voters
TDKR has the same problem that Game of Thrones and The Last Jedi have. Everyone is fucking retarded in the movie. From Batman to police officers, to Bane, to Alfred. The average IQ of characters in the movie is the same as Forrest Gump.

Particularly Bane, who also speaks like a fucking retard, has a stupid voice and mumbles every line like a god damn dumbass. Poor character construction by Tom Hardy.

BB and TDK are good movies, but the Avengers connect with everyone on a deeper emotional level.
Look.

I loved Infinity War. I think it's one of the best movies ever.

I just think TDKR was better than everyone gives it credit for. People bitch about the length...endgame was longer. Endgame had one godamn scene. And it was the girlpower scene.

Lmao.

Bats didn't have a girl power scene

Also. WTF.

Can I not love Marvel AND DC.

I like both. Why can't we all get along??

TDKR has the same problem that Game of Thrones and The Last Jedi have. Everyone is fucking retarded in the movie. From Batman to police officers, to Bane, to Alfred. The average IQ of characters in the movie is the same as Forrest Gump.

Particularly Bane, who also speaks like a fucking retard, has a stupid voice and mumbles every line like a god damn dumbass. Poor character construction by Tom Hardy.

BB and TDK are good movies, but the Avengers connect with everyone on a deeper emotional level.

Everyone?

c1264fb3bbd1b07195d094c1467d47ed941541b90abd749633a82561d8509d4c.png

Sorry, snarky one-liners and CGI-Fests don't really resonate with me. Felt way more watching the Batman movies.

I still don't understand the hate on TDKR. You guys are tripping. It's some people's favorite movie ever.

<---

TDKR has an 8.4 on IMDB and a 78 Meta score. Only Endgame and IW has a higher IMDB score, 8.6 and 8.5 respectively. Avengers has a 8 and that flaming turd Ultron has a 7.3. Also, only Endgame has as high of a Meta score as TDKR at 78, every other avengers movie is in the 60s. Lots of revisionist history or denial going on in here. Then again this is the Mar-berry.

Ok. Two face, Bane, Bat-gear, I almost forgot the Scarecrow.

Super realistic right?
Two face-Face was covered in oil and they couldnt re graft his skin. It was a little overdone but lots of people have bad burn scars. Otherwise just a normal guy.

Bane-Needed the mask to breath, otherwise hes just a normal guy

batgear-All military stuff made by his own corporation.

scarecrow-Just a psychologist with psycho active drug compound. Otherwise a normal guy.

Yeah all those sound pretty realistic and at least vaguely possible in the real world today.

Everyone?

c1264fb3bbd1b07195d094c1467d47ed941541b90abd749633a82561d8509d4c.png

Sorry, snarky one-liners and CGI-Fests don't really resonate with me. Felt way more watching the Batman movies.

TDKR has an 8.4 on IMDB and a 78 Meta score. Only Endgame and IW has a higher IMDB score, 8.6 and 8.5 respectively. Avengers has a 8 and that flaming turd Ultron has a 7.3. Also, only Endgame has as high of a Meta score as TDKR at 78, every other avengers movie is in the 60s. Lots of revisionist history or denial going on in here. Then again this is the Mar-berry.
Dude I admit, the casting of RDJ as Tony is perfect. I admit that.

Avengers - 1/10
AoU - 6.5/10
IW - 6.5/10
Endgame - 1/10

BB - 6
TDK - 5.5
TDKR - 7.5

TDKR beats any Avengers movie easily and first and last Avengers are among worst movies ever.

Close though TDK Rises was fine, not shit.

Avengers by split decision. Cecil Pepels has Batman 50-45

Disagree on TDKR, although of course it suffered having to follow Dark Knight, which is rightly regarded as a classic. But TDKR looked like Nolan was just going through the motions.

- Bane in the comics is basically the Anti-Batman; raised in a South American prison since the time he was born, forced to fight for survival every day of his life. He trains himself to the peak of human physical and mental performance, then is given the experimental super-steroid called Venom, which grants him Superhuman Strength. Breaking out of the prison, he moves to Gotham, works out that Bruce Wayne is Batman and eventually breaks Batman, physically and emotionally, before taking over the city.

The film version is far less impressive. He's little more than a devoted servant to Talia. He doesn't even look that good; when Hardy made Warrior he wasn't just big, he was ripped as well(no homo). Here, he looks like he ran a dirty bulk and put on almost as much fat as muscle.

- Bane and Batman are two of the deadliest hand to hand fighters in the DC Universe. Here, they look like drunks brawling outside a pub. Slow, wide haymakers, headbutts and sloppy kicks. And that's before we get to the big fight at the end. Where cops and terrorists, two groups of people well trained in the use of firearms...decide to run up the street and try to beat each other to death. For all the movie's flaws, the warehouse scene in BvS was better than all of Nolan's fight scenes put together.

- Bane and Talia's scheme to steal all of Wayne's money is so retarded I barely know where to begin. Using Wayne's fingerprints to make a series of transactions during a fucking raid by armed terrorists would simply result in all transactions being rendered null and void.

By a huge margin, TDKR is the weakest of Nolan's trilogy.

1. BB
2. TDK
3. IW
4 & 5. TDKR tied with End Game
6 & 7. The other two Avengers movies

The biggest thing these franchises have in common is that the finale was a huge disappointment after having had such a fantastic penultimate entry. The only great Avengers movie was IW (the first two were abysmally bad and End Game was a huge letdown). So, the Nolan Trilogy had two great movies while the Avengers only had one, despite having had an additional entry.

Nolan by KO.

Look.

I loved Infinity War. I think it's one of the best movies ever.

I just think TDKR was better than everyone gives it credit for. People bitch about the length...endgame was longer. Endgame had one godamn scene. And it was the girlpower scene.

Lmao.

Bats didn't have a girl power scene

Girl power scene is a bad, woke, stupid scene. I agree. It should be erased from existence. We should pretend it doesn't exist.

But it doesn't ruin the movie. Remove that scene and most of the rest is amazing.

Girl power scene is a bad, woke, stupid scene. I agree. It should be erased from existence. We should pretend it doesn't exist.

But it doesn't ruin the movie. Remove that scene and most of the rest is amazing.
When cap took mjolnir I damn near cried.

Amazing fight scene!

Disagree on TDKR, although of course it suffered having to follow Dark Knight, which is rightly regarded as a classic. But TDKR looked like Nolan was just going through the motions.

- Bane in the comics is basically the Anti-Batman; raised in a South American prison since the time he was born, forced to fight for survival every day of his life. He trains himself to the peak of human physical and mental performance, then is given the experimental super-steroid called Venom, which grants him Superhuman Strength. Breaking out of the prison, he moves to Gotham, works out that Bruce Wayne is Batman and eventually breaks Batman, physically and emotionally, before taking over the city.

The film version is far less impressive. He's little more than a devoted servant to Talia. He doesn't even look that good; when Hardy made Warrior he wasn't just big, he was ripped as well(no homo). Here, he looks like he ran a dirty bulk and put on almost as much fat as muscle.

- Bane and Batman are two of the deadliest hand to hand fighters in the DC Universe. Here, they look like drunks brawling outside a pub. Slow, wide haymakers, headbutts and sloppy kicks. And that's before we get to the big fight at the end. Where cops and terrorists, two groups of people well trained in the use of firearms...decide to run up the street and try to beat each other to death. For all the movie's flaws, the warehouse scene in BvS was better than all of Nolan's fight scenes put together.

- Bane and Talia's scheme to steal all of Wayne's money is so retarded I barely know where to begin. Using Wayne's fingerprints to make a series of transactions during a fucking raid by armed terrorists would simply result in all transactions being rendered null and void.

NABr7f0.gif

Batman Begins was good, Dark Knight was GOAT-level and TDKR was utter shit.

Avengers Assemble was good, Age of Ultron was shit, Infinity War was GOAT-level and Endgame was very good.

Avengers by arm bar.

Agree for the most part.

But i feel that avengers and the nolan trilogy, while both comic book movies are still very different. One series is rather lighthearted/comedic . And the other is very dark, dramatic.

Dude I admit, the casting of RDJ as Tony is perfect. I admit that.
hard to think of anyone else playing the Iron Man role as RDJ nailed it. He was almost type cast IMO as he has the right amount of smarmy arrogant billionaire vibe to him as well as wanting to be seen as the hero guy. I mean you could see that in him naturally.

Of the other guys rumoured or considered for the role:

- Tom Cruise - would have also nailed it, imo. Same reasons as Downey.
- Nic Cage - Hmmm, great or disaster. I cannot figure out which.
- Sam Rockwell - would have also nailed it, imo. Same reasons as Downey.
- Chris Pine - Nope. Don't see him pulling off the smarmy Billionaire part
- Joseph Gordon Levitt - nope, same as above
- George Clooney - ehhhh, nope. I think he can do the Billionaire part but not as convincing as the arrogant hero.

Honestly though the film itself isn't attempting to be THAT realistic, its more a façade of realism over whats still a heroic fantasy, if you want to see realistic unban warfare then watch something like The Battle of Algiers.If Nolan's films have weaknesses I'd say its moreso that the way the action is filmed is often not very interesting and that films become rather too focused on their plot over their drama.

Comparing Nolan's films to the Russo's MCU films I do tend to think as well that the latters characters feel more adult even if the setting is far more outlandish. Nolan's films do have something of the teenage angst drama to them, characters driven by quite simple motivations without really strongly developed personalities(bar perhaps Ledgers Joker).

i would legit rather watch Blade II over any single modern MCU movie, especially the Avengers
CA: TWS is the only one even close IMO

Honestly though the film itself isn't attempting to be THAT realistic, its more a façade of realism over whats still a heroic fantasy, if you want to see realistic unban warfare then watch something like The Battle of Algiers.If Nolan's films have weaknesses I'd say its moreso that the way the action is filmed is often not very interesting and that films become rather too focused on their plot over their drama.

Comparing Nolan's films to the Russo's MCU films I do tend to think as well that the latters characters feel more adult even if the setting is far more outlandish. Nolan's films do have something of the teenage angst drama to them, characters driven by quite simple motivations without really strongly developed personalities(bar perhaps Ledgers Joker).

It's a comic book movie. By definition, I expect to suspend my disbelief. But it still has to be consistent with it's own internal logic. So when you have two groups of people with guns and the training to use them, it makes no sense for them to forget their weapons and stage a mass brawl in the middle of the street.

We used to call this type of stupidity, Jumping the Shark. But after Game of Thrones season 8, it's referred to as, Jumping the Night King<Varys01>

It's a comic book movie. By definition, I expect to suspend my disbelief. But it still has to be consistent with it's own internal logic. So when you have two groups of people with guns and the training to use them, it makes no sense for them to forget their weapons and stage a mass brawl in the middle of the street.

We used to call this type of stupidity, Jumping the Shark. But after Game of Thrones season 8, it's referred to as, Jumping the Night King<Varys01>
Yup I hate when critics try to judge cartoon and comic movies.

This isn't Meryl Streep and Daniel Day Lewis vying for character nuance.

I'm here for giant explosions and giant robots mfers!!!

Back