The Avengers Quadrilogy vs. The Dark Knight Trilogy

Which is better?

• Total voters
Whoever thinks THIS
UnnaturalAmusingInvisiblerail-max-1mb.gif

is more "realistic" than THIS
tenor.gif

probably doesn't appreciate sci-fi/fantasy movies.

While it's true the MCU setting is unrealistic (you have mythological gods and aliens, and somehow the entire universe speaks English), the characters' actions and motivations seem pretty realistic with regards to the situation they're in.

TDK on the other hand, while realistic in setting, is utterly unrealistic with regards to Batman and his stupid behaviour.

This thread further teaches us that grown men take children's films far too seriously.

A load of you guys genuinely think any of these films are amongst the greatest ever made? <45> (I hope when you refer to them as GOAT level, you mean specifically for the comic book film genre).

I've enjoyed all the Avengers movies and I LOVED Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. I never read any comics so seeing these newer films with different takes on the characters (both MCU and DCU) has been a lot of fun for me. The Dark Knight Rises was just painfully slow and boring and dragged on for so long that it ruined the movie, IMO of course. That put a bad headstone on the whole trilogy and it has made it hard to go back and watch those films. Honestly I think a different cut of TDR would help it a lot and they could trim out the excess and make it a great 90-120 minute movie.

On the other hand Infinity Wars / Endgame were awesome movies which I can go back and watch over and over. I liked all the Avengers movies and I don't really see why Age of Ultron gets so much hate...I enjoyed it. Again, I never read all the comics, so I didn't have any preconceived notions about how things were "supposed to be."

Yeah man, Batman is so realistic.

Yeahhh............
I dont really care if you dont agree with me. They are based on technology not superpowers. I would say that makes it more realistic than a cyborg AI powered by an alien rock.

I'm no Marvel fanboy. I actually think it's pretty fucking stupid to be a fanboy. If you like superheroes, and you are not a dipshit, you should want both Marvel and DC to dish out great movies.

So Batman x Avengers? It's a no brainer. It's Avengers, BY FAR.

No Batman movie ever gave people goosebumps like the Avengers movies. No Batman movie ever had people crying, applauding, screaming and cheering in the cinema.

Avengers 1: Banner I'm always angry scene
Avengers 2: no goosebumps, but still a VERY underrated movie. I love several scenes, the Mjolnir party scene, Hulk punching Ultron "with the benefit of hindsight". Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver.
Avengers 3: Cap saving Vision and Wanda, Thor arriving with Stormbreaker, Spider-man dying
Avengers 4: Cap handling Mjolnir, Cap "on your left" scene, Tony dying

Batman is more adult? Batman is more realistic? LMAO. Don't be an idiot and spew out this nonsense. Most of you that keep repeating this shit have surely not watched TDK recently. Heath Ledger is extremely overrated, plus the ridiculous Batman voice and the useless Harvey two-face. TDKR is utter shit, not worth discussing.

Last edited:
I dont really care if you dont agree with me. They are based on technology not superpowers. I would say that makes it more realistic than a cyborg AI powered by an alien rock.

Hm...

Kryptonite... Superman...Two Face...Bane... so on

Yeah ok

Hm...

Kryptonite... Superman...Two Face...Bane... so on

Yeah ok
Were talking about the dark knight trilogy that had nothing to do with superman but ok keep making things up that dont have anything to do with what were talking about.

Were talking about the dark knight trilogy that had nothing to do with superman but ok keep making things up that dont have anything to do with what were talking about.

Ok. Two face, Bane, Bat-gear, I almost forgot the Scarecrow.

Super realistic right?

Last edited:
Batman Begins was good, Dark Knight was GOAT-level and TDKR was utter shit.

Avengers Assemble was good, Age of Ultron was shit, Infinity War was GOAT-level and Endgame was very good.

Avengers by arm bar.

Close though TDK Rises was fine, not shit.

Avengers by split decision. Cecil Pepels has Batman 50-45

I'd put Batman Begins and The Dark Knight above any Marvel movie that's ever been made. Avengers 1 was decent and like a 7 out of 10, Ultron is probably one of my least favorite super hero movies ever, IW was impressive the way it weaved everything together, Endgame was ok.

Even though Dark Knight Rises was considered garbage after the fact I'd still rewatch it over any Avengers film. No way was it worse than that turd Ultron.

Nolan's trilogy was far and away better than the cookie cutter Avengers/MCU IMO.

Enjoyed both as well. But Definitely Avengers over the Bat trilogy for me

Though Nolan-Bats were great movies (minus Returns), as a comic book fan i never really got the 'geek out' moments i did watching them as i did with the Avengers. So many great moments in the Avengers films.

I still don't understand the hate on TDKR. You guys are tripping. It's some people's favorite movie ever.

<---

I still don't understand the hate on TDKR. You guys are tripping. It's some people's favorite movie ever.

<---

TDKR has the same problem that Game of Thrones and The Last Jedi have. Everyone is fucking retarded in the movie. From Batman to police officers, to Bane, to Alfred. The average IQ of characters in the movie is the same as Forrest Gump.

Particularly Bane, who also speaks like a fucking retard, has a stupid voice and mumbles every line like a god damn dumbass. Poor character construction by Tom Hardy.

BB and TDK are good movies, but the Avengers connect with everyone on a deeper emotional level.

Back